Bridesmaid fitting question

Online Users: 1,243 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 4

JayKayinlove Posts : 33 Registered: 1/22/09
Bridesmaid fitting question
Posted: Sep 20, 2009 8:13 AM

I'm going to be in my bff's wedding next spring but the wedding's going to be a month and a half after my first baby is born niether my friend nor i are sure how we are suppost to go about me getting my dress and the fitting. I don't know it will leave a lot of baby weight right after like my father's mother had or if like my mom and her mom it will be like dropping a basket ball and being tiny again over night. so i have no idea what shape i'll be untill i have the baby but that seems like its cutting it really close to the wedding. any ideas would be great ladies.

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Re: Bridesmaid fitting question
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: JayKayinlove

For my bridesmaid fitting (which I completely forgot about it) I was able to have it altered in 2 weeks time. You could possibly wait until 2 1/2 weeks before the wedding to have it altered. You should probably call the shop first, to give them a heads up you will be coming in.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

JasmineF Posts : 12 Registered: 2/6/09
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: JayKayinlove

A good tailor should be able to make alterations in less than 2 weeks. I would leave the dress as is and just have it in your hand until you are ready for alterantions.

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: JayKayinlove

You should probably wait it out as loooong as you can to place an order just to see how much weight in general you're gaining during your pregnancy. Thats not accurate I know but at the same time it might give you a better idea of how much you're gonna have to deal with afterwards? Im sure it should be no problem if you get a couple sizes up from what you generally wear and then just get it tailored after the baby. Just remember its easier to take a dress in rather than out! So dont be afraid to get a size that seems like it'll be wayy too big!!

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 7:26 PM Go to message in response to: JayKayinlove

A not-too-fitted style (e.g. empire waist, soft draping, a-line skirt) would give you a little more flexibility. Even if your style is different from the others', you still could have the same fabric and color, so you'll blend right in. Just think, the wedding and fitting into your dress will give you a great incentive to limit your weight gain!
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine