Purple and Red any ideas???????

Online Users: 1,249 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12
Purple and Red any ideas???????
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:34 PM

A dear friend of our family is getting married in July 08 and she's chosen these colors. Let me just say first off she's a photographer and knows all to well how colors photograph.Doing many weddings a year shes aware of cookie cutter weddings and wanted something very different. She has creative ideas but doesn't want this to feel like red hat society ladies. I've seen some beautiful bouquets with the colors used and she already has bridesmaid gowns picked out (bright red with purple sashes). Any creative, unusual ideas would be so appreciated.

SaucyMrsK Posts : 1,175 Registered: 12/27/06
Re: Purple and Red any ideas???????
Posted: May 15, 2007 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My sister gpot married a few years ago and she had Claret red; Royal Purple and Silver as colors. Her own bouquet was al red roses and to be quite honest I cant remember the BM bouqets even though I carried one!

I know she found these great hurricane vases on Ebay that were the right color red; and she had lit votives inside them as centerpieces

I know I am not being much help but the colors will be great together. Just need a little creativity!

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 15, 2007 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have lots of purple and red pictures and would be happy to send them--just contact me through my website. I love that color combo!

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

alexusjoanne Posts : 1 Registered: 6/2/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2007 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: SaucyMrsK

Do you mind sending me some pictures also? I would really like to see them.  I chose red and purple as my wedding colors because my favorite color is purple and my sweety's favorite color is red.  But for some reason I can not find any pictures or ideas on any websites with just these two colors.  My email is alexusjoanne@yahoo.com

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 8:44 AM Go to message in response to: alexusjoanne

I'm goind purple and red also!  Why?  because I love purple and red together, so why not!  I'm going to accent lightly with orange.  Anyways, I'm looking for ideas, too.  Thanks! 

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Purple and Red look great together because they're both jewel tones... very rich looking!!!

Karletay, here are a bunch of pictures... they're mainly of flowers, but there are tons of other ways to incorporate the colors too. There's actually a drink picture I'm putting in that would be stunning (Take a sassy Red drink like a cosmo, and then add a purple dendrobium orchid in the top of each glass!), you could also do candles, vase gems, linens always add a "pop" of color.... the options are endless! :)

This has some pinks in it too, but you can see an example of how the colors look together in a real wedding :)

And here are some other fun planning pictures that may help you visualize it :)

Colby‘s two bridesmaids also got into the two-dress spirit. One wore a red chiffon Ann Taylor evening dress and an After Six taffeta gown in dark plum. The other donned a Waters and Waters dress in purple and orange taffeta, then switched to an After...

“All of the flowers matched in a particular way,” Meagan explains. She carried a bouquet of red roses accented with purple blooms in keeping with her and Zach’s color scheme.

The reception tables featured lush, low centerpieces of flowers in the wedding colors -- including red roses and purple hydrangeas -- in square glass vases. Pieces of patterned Japanese paper were overlapped to add color to the white linens.
The dinner table centerpieces included red Grand Prix roses, spray roses, and alstroemerias. “The feel was very lush, romantic, and breathtaking,” Liz says.

Instead of placing a dance floor in the center of the room, Susan and Simon decided to create a pond as the focal point. The pond was decorated with nine-foot-tall bamboo stalks, floating orchids, and red lanterns.

Dinner was served inside the club, where tables were topped with galvanized buckets of hydrangeas (Kathy’s favorite flower).

Jessica & Amin in East Lansing, MI
 Roses in shades of red, hot pink, baby pink, and ivory were used throughout the wedding. “We also used red hypericum berries to add a little dimension and color to the flowers,” Jessica explains. The bride carried a bouquet of red and hot pink roses with... 

A four-tier, square chocolate cake with white frosting was the perfect sweet ending to Margaret and Alex‘s fabulous repast.

Teresa and Scott wanted their reception to be colorful and chose crimson red to highlight the rustic decor of the space. The tables were covered with tuxedo-striped red linens and topped with square vases filled with black magic roses. Adding to the...

Mike and Taryn kicked off their cocktail hour in the soaring, four-story atrium of The Max, with its grand stairway and cozy high-top tables covered in paprika-color linens. A piano player entertained while guests sipped “Taryntinis”—a pink libation with...

Before the celebration really got underway, Nicole made a special presentation. "I announced I was giving my bouquet to a close family friend -- my kindergarten teacher," says Nicole, who didn‘t want to do the traditional bouquet toss. The...

Guests headed for cocktail hour at the Hardeman-Sams House, a red brick Georgian home located on historic South Milledge Avenue and close to several UGA fraternity and sorority houses, including Nicole‘s Gamma Phi Beta house. Once the wedding party...

Bridesmaids carried monochromatic green bouquets composed of cymbidium orchids, green hydrangea, emerald roses, and miniature calla lilies. The maid of honor held a special bouquet that added blue and purple dendrobium orchids and grape hyacinths to the...

- Chrissie
www.eventsbychrissie.com

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

a few more pics since so many seem interested in these colors!

Feather Mask Glasses (Red/Purple)

Fieldofflowers Rug 02

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 6:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

SO Pretty!!!!!    I just love red and purple!

I'm doing my bouquet of mainly Anne Black Aranthera Orchids and red roses.  I think, I'm going to do red chairs, undecided about the table clothes still, red sheer or purple sheer, and still undecided about the bridesmaids' bouquets, though they are going to be different from mine, oh and the bm's are wearing lavender or cranberry.  I also think I'm going to do a colored aisle runner, probably purple, since the reception and ceremony are the same site, so the red chairs will still be visible....there's so much that can be done though, so many more ideas to come up with, details....!

MasterFlorist Posts : 222 Registered: 11/30/07
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Unusual ideas for what? Flowers? Decorating? Themes?

Niels Bonnevie

STEMS Event Florist

Type "Stems event Florist" in your browser for my gallery.

Michaelsgirl4ever Posts : 1 Registered: 9/2/08
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: myra

do you have any of purple and red cakes? i was looking for cakes like that but i cant seem to find any.

myra wrote:

I have lots of purple and red pictures and would be happy to send them--just contact me through my website. I love that color combo!

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

RaychelRae Posts : 4 Registered: 12/4/08
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 4:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What type of flowers would be good in purple? I want to go with a dark red rose for the red part, but am having a difficult time finding a good purple flower. From the images, it looks like most people do an assortment of different purple flowers.

AJLM Posts : 49 Registered: 11/18/08
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: RaychelRae

What shade of purple are you looking for? Depending on what color you want you have options of everything from calla lilies to orchids, and fox gloves to parrot tulips. On the front page of Brides there is a flower finder that can show you different blooms that come in lavender and purple...

JayKayinlove Posts : 33 Registered: 1/22/09
Posted: Sep 20, 2009 7:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mVNQFjdp3b0/SBFG_q7Ft6I/AAAAAAAAAPk/i1kHvc3La-0/s1600/4-25%2BPost%2B-%2BRed%2Band%2BPurple%2BWedding%2BFINAL.jpg

also i think if the couple likes red velvet cake they could always do a purple 'what ever their wedding shade is cake put some red roses on top of it and have it be red V cake that way it looks pretty and them fitting before you cut it and I just love seeing people use that cake more :D i think your friends wedding could really be pretty those dresses sound nice

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine