Reading Too Deep?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

RomoCowgirl Posts : 5 Registered: 10/17/07
Reading Too Deep?
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 6:55 PM

Hey girls, I don't know if I'm reading to deep into this, but let's see what y'all think. So Ricky and I will have been together a year on Oct. 2nd. Every so often he'll take the birthstone ring I wear off and see where it sits on his fingers. Well, last night he did it again, confirmed with me what my ring size is, and admitted that he checks the size of my ring to his finger so that way he has something to compare it to if he forgets my ring size. We have talked about getting engaged before and had agreed he would wait until I graduated from school which will be May 2012, but he does say it could be before that or after that. Don't know if this makes a difference but he is 24 and I'll be 22 in December. So what do you girls think? Is he getting ready to buy the ring?

SHC2010 Posts : 14 Registered: 7/29/09
Re: Reading Too Deep?
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: RomoCowgirl

I wouldn't try to read into that too much if I were you, you'll drive yourself crazy!! Maybe he wants to get you a normal non-engagement ring as a gift and is checking your size for that. You've still got 2 years til you graduate and I know I wouldn't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed over and over for that long. Just enjoy dating him and let yourself be surprised when he does propose whether it's in a month or a year and a half! Either way, you're together and that matters more than a ring on your finger.
Good luck!

wedding ticker

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: RomoCowgirl

Yeah, I think you're probably reading too deep. DH did the same thing when we had been dating for about 3 years and I was SURE he was going to propose, which freaked me out because I didn't want to get engaged for another few years. It turned out that he WAS ring shopping - for a Xmas gift for me, not an engagement ring. So I wouldn't go crazy imagining your wedding gown until you know for sure. There are many rings out there that are NOT engagement rings, and men have occasionally been known to give them to their girlfriends as gifts. :)

You might be right, but I wouldn't go crazy imagining proposals if you've talked about getting engaged/married three years from now. But if you do get enagaged soon, do yourself a favor and have a long engagement. Don't try to get married during grad school. I know one girl who did and two others who planned their weddings during grad school (and got married shortly after graduation). All said that it was the biggest mistake they've made in their lives.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

kateinlove Posts : 8 Registered: 9/18/09
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 2:35 PM Go to message in response to: RomoCowgirl

My boyfriend does the same thing and our one year is at the end of October, so I was thinking the same thing as you. But I've decided to not get myself too excited because when he says he wants to wait till he graduates, or in your case when you do, he says it for a reason. I think our guys can be dreamers just like us, but what they want and what they do are different things. I'm confused too :)

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: RomoCowgirl

It will happen at the perfect time in the perfect way. Until then... enjoy being single and in love!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: SHC2010

I completely agree & know the feeling... You will seriously drive yourself crazy wondering when & if it is going to happen. Just enjoy every minute that you spend with him & whent he time is right, you will get the surprise of your life!
Goodluck with school & congratulations on your anniversary!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: RomoCowgirl

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine