Los Angeles Reception Venues

Online Users: 1,259 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Birdnana Posts : 2 Registered: 9/17/09
Los Angeles Reception Venues
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 7:28 PM

Hello lovely ladies! I got engaged, after 9 years, yay!!So here is my plea: I have been looking for venues incessantly and I have yet to find the right one. I was wondering since many of the brides have experience researching and such, if you could help me out by recommending venues to me?I would greatly appreciate it :) My wedding is going to be in late March or early April and it's going to have about 75-100 guests. I live in the Inland Empire- but I am interested in sites in Los Angeles, Pasadena, and some cities in the OC. Although I do not want a beach wedding, a view of the ocean far away from the sand would be amazing, as would any view of nature. So, I am looking for something: intimate, elegant, with chandeliers, lots of lights, high ceilings, arched windows or just lots of windows, an outdoor area where the cocktail hour could take place, preferably a garden, and an indoor area for dinner and dancing. A place where the carpet or wood is not horrendous...haha...im JK. Forgive me, maybe I'm asking for too much. Any recommendation would help me out a lot..Thank so very much beautiful ladies :)

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Re: Los Angeles Reception Venues
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 9:19 PM Go to message in response to: Birdnana

Congratulations on getting engaged. I have a couple of suggestions.

Some friends of ours got married at the Figueroa Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. It's beautiful and sounds like it might fit a lot of what you're looking for:

http://www.figueroahotel.com/

I got married (in March) at Inn of the Seventh Ray in Topanga Canyon. For your size wedding, you would probably have to be mostly outdoors since their indoor spaces aren't huge, but I could be wrong. But they have plenty of shelter in the outdoor area. We had a daytime wedding and the day couldn't have been more perfect:

http://www.innoftheseventhray.com/

Good luck!

preview image

Birdnana Posts : 2 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 12:11 AM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Thank you SO much for your suggestion. I will definitely check them out. :)

jmd22 Posts : 125 Registered: 7/17/08
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: Birdnana

Have you thought about Temecula? They have some beautiful wineries out there.

Also, check out this website:

www.herecomestheguide.com

They have listings of wedding and reception venues all over California.

britnicarlisi Posts : 43 Registered: 9/21/06
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: Birdnana

Palos verdes golf course (country club) has a nice room with lots of windows and a view of green grass with ocean in the distance. Castaway has a view of the city. Oh and also, Dukes of malibu has ocean views and although its a nice view its more of a restaurant theme

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine