Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 212

AnnieGBride Posts : 1 Registered: 5/6/09
Re: Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues
Posted: May 6, 2009 9:37 PM Go to message in response to: FutureRut

Has anyone ever been to the Villa at Mountain Lakes? How was the food there? It is owned by Frunjillo Caterers who are rated highly but since I don't have any first hand knowledge I don't know.

They are the same owners of the Skylands Manor.

Thanks for any info anyone has.

Nettie04 Posts : 2 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: May 6, 2009 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: FutureRut

Hi...I'm new to this site and after being engaged for about 2 months i have finally decided to start planning! What did you like about florentine gardens? I have an appointment there tomorrow night...what were you quoted for a saturday night? We are looking to book a saturday evening either 9/25 or the first 2 sats in October. So far I've visited The Palace, Liberty House, Park Savoy and Westmount Country Club.
I'm in love w/the Palace but for $215pp without tax nor tip, it is way out of our budget. I was very surprised with WCC, it's only $160 pp and it was just renovated. I was not too interested in the Liberty House; even though it has amazing views, the banquet room was not too elegant. Park Savoy is amazing...but it's $215 + tax....
So far, WCC is our top choice...this week we will visit Tides, Florentine Gardens, and Skylands in Garwood.

Edited by: Nettie04 on May 7, 2009 12:01 AM

tmcd1329 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: May 18, 2009 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: Nettie04

Hi,

I noticed that you visited Park Savoy-the pricing that you got- what month and day of the week was that for?

We are thinking of checking out Park Avenue club as well and Bretton Woods. Any tips/ advice/ opinions???

Thanks-I'm new to this- only engaged for 6 six dayss far!

:)

oct2009 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/14/09
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: tmcd1329

Hi NJ Brides, help please. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse on this thread but i was wondering if you all knew about updated minimusm. I live in DC and my family lives in NJ. My fiance and i want a smaller wedding. We have been engaged so long that we are in "very flexible" territory in terms of wedding dates. We just drove up there and were looking for places for 75 mimimums but some of the places that were listed on here as such are now 100 mimimus. Does anyone know of a place that would do this, be reasonable in price and NOT tacky? Thanks. We need to maximize our time on our trips there

pebblesbridetobe Posts : 2 Registered: 7/25/09
Posted: Jul 25, 2009 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: oct2009

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the board and newly engaged. I'm hoping for a November 2010 wedding. I am just so surprised how out of hand the prices are to get married in a decent hall. Although I want my wedding to be beautiful, I am fighting thing how much the final price tag is really going to cost.

At any rate, I was trying to get opinions of some halls....please feel free to share your knowledge of the food, service and pricing....

Atrium County Club
Knoll County Club
The Imperia
The Castle at the Skylands Manor
The Newark Club
Chart House
Dolce Basking Ridge
Macalusos
Pleasantdale Chateau
Crystal Plaza

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. It is just so overwhelming the amount of places there are out there....

October2011Bride Posts : 1 Registered: 7/27/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: pebblesbridetobe

hello,

i am newly engaged!! does anyone have any information on The Imperia, Palce of somerset, westmount country club, addison park, rockleigh?? i want to know about prices/food? i want to get married on a saturday in october 2011.

Thank you
' Diana

Denise91980 Posts : 7 Registered: 8/4/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:19 PM Go to message in response to: pebblesbridetobe

I am in search also and am looking for reasonably priced places, as we are paying for it ourselves...I do have some input on those places....I also was looking for Nov 2010 and was told 95pp for the Atrium, but had to guarantee 150 for upstairs room, and I did not like downstairs...Was recently at a wedding at the Imperia...It was nice...I think my friend paid 115 for a Friday in Jan before tax and tip. My sister got married at the Crystal Plaza and it was very nice...there was soo much food that I didn't know where people were getting some of it from...They can be reasonable if you are flexible....I recently looked at Channel Club and they quoted me 72 for a friday in Nov....I am looking at Ravello's and Empire Club tomorrow as they are supposed to be reasonable and give a lot of food....Hopefully we find something soon...hope I was some help..

jwill5284 Posts : 1 Registered: 9/11/09
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: Denise91980

Hi I am new to this board and am wondering if anyone has had their wedding reception at The Imperia in Somerset, NJ between July and now? We booked our wedding there back in April for September 2010 but have heard that since then, several of the wait staff and sales staff have been let go, along with the general manager and the head chef. I am very worried because we heard nothing but good things about this place when we booked but since this whole staff change, we have begun to hear some not so good things about it (i.e. the food isn't as good, the service has gone down hill, etc.) If anyone can share any recent experiences with me at The Imperia I would REALLY appreciate it. Thank you!

Edited by: jwill5284 on Sep 11, 2009 1:56 PM

SolsaFall Posts : 1 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 2:26 AM Go to message in response to: jwill5284

I recently started my venue-hunt, and here's what I've found so far:

The places I've visited: (all prices inclusive)

Bretton Woods Mansion
Pros: 1 Wedding at a time, pretty landscaping, around $110 pp
Cons: A little outdated, antique-look is bordering on majorly needed renovations

Madison Hotel
Pros: Beautiful ballrooms/conservatory, was able to get them down to around $105pp
Cons: No handicap access, open glass conservatory next to major road

Hamilton Park Hotel
Pros: Modern lobby, pretty ballroom, priced around $105pp
Cons: To be determined...

Brooklake Country Club
Pros: Breathtaking view of lake and fountains, can get down to around $100 inclusive
Cons: TBD

Basking Ridge Country Club
Pros: Nice View, pretty ballroom, 1 wedding at a time, $95pp
Cons: A little small, no definition of lobby/cocktail room space

The Westwood
Pros: Beautiful ballroom downstairs, not bad food $70pp
Cons: A little budget-looking

Pantagis Renaissance
Pros: TBD $100pp
Cons: Completely not my style, but very medieval-looking, dark wood paneling, castle-looking

Park Savoy
Pros: Pretty landscaping $175-$215pp
Cons: Completely rude, snobby, the place is nice but definitely not worth the attitude

Berkeley Plaza
Pros: Decent ballrooms, nice service, $100pp
Cons: Also looks a bit budget

The English Manor
Pros: Beautiful landscaping, 1 wedding at a time $100 pp
Cons: Driveway could be a little nicer

Shadowbrook
Pros: Historic, beautiful rooms, beautiful landscaping $110pp
Cons: Wedding factory

Oyster Point Hotel
Pros: Next to water, $125 pp
Cons: Expensive, hotel exterior is off-putting

Molly Pitcher Inn
Pros: Beautiful exterior, wonderful promenade outside next to water $125 pp
Cons: Expensive for what it is

Hope this helps!! My favorites: The English Manor, Brooklake Country Club, Places to pass: Park Savoy, Shadowbrook

JunefromWNY Posts : 1 Registered: 12/3/09
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 11:06 PM Go to message in response to: SolsaFall

Just booked my May wedding at Mayfair Farms in West Orange. Hadn't heard much about it in reviews, but they were great - $90pp (sunday), they waived the ceremony fee, and they were the only place we saw that didn't nickel and dime us. their menu is "all inclusive" - all cocktail hour stations you could think of, plus viennese table and international coffee station, all included.

Also went to see the Atrium, also in West Orange - DON'T EVEN BOTHER. The woman upturned her nose at us because we had "only" 85 people. She offered us the room in the basement with no windows and kept repeating "For only 85 people you can't expect the big room" and she definitely nickel-and-dime'd us on the price. And the ceremony space was a concrete walled-in area.

Highlawn Pavilion in W Orange: disappointing
-ceremony space was right off of the parking lot
-the reception room was T-shaped, so your guests sitting on the ends can't see the dancefloor.

Crystal Plaza in Livingston: pretty but pricey.

Also saw some places down the shore too when we thought we wanted a beach wedding:
The Breakers: good pricing but not a true beach ceremony; also hotel room rates are expensive
Ocean Place: one-stop shop - beach ceremony, reception, hotel, salon, but EXPENSIVE
McCloone's Pier House: restaurant on the beach, lovely views, but reception space is not elegant and long and narrow
Branches: seems like a good space with good customer service, but not on the beach, and not as pretty as in their pictures.

Hope this helps

Lauren2222 Posts : 2 Registered: 12/16/09
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: JunefromWNY

Hi! My fiance and I just booked at the Tides Estate, it is absolutely beautiful, and the Food is amazing. I went to a wedding there the cocktail hour was so much food!!! and the grounds are beautiful, they have people working on them 7 days a week! We got a GREAT deal 75 pp for a Friday night on March 18th 2011,They are so flexible and are willing to work with your budget and date. They have 2 rooms, a big one and a smaller one, we were able to get the bigger one which is way nicer! (the smaller room is good if your on a very tight budget) We had to gaurantee a min of 160 people. They also threw in cocktail hour upgrades and the vienesse hour for free. Upstairs they have a 3 room bridal suite with a fire place, and a bar with a bartender just for the bridal party.
We also looked at Florentine Gardens which is very beautiful, and food is wonderful, but a little out of our price range. they quoted us at 160 pp for a fall 2010. Seasons is also another beautiful place but as far as flexiblity and price it didnt work for us. Seasons also doesnt have much grounds to take pictures at. They quoted us at 110 pp but it would have to have been Nov 2010 and my brother is already getting married in 2010 so we wanted 2011. Edited by: Lauren2222 on Dec 16, 2009 11:59 AM

Edited by: Lauren2222 on Dec 16, 2009 1:37 PM

xBride714x Posts : 1 Registered: 1/1/10
Posted: Jan 1, 2010 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsPorkChop

i just went to look at the Skylands Manor last week and they quoted my for a july weddings at $160a head and a min of 150 ppl.

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 12:30 AM Go to message in response to: xBride714x

ok I am having a blonde moment.......what is a vienesse hour???

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 12:45 AM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

I had no idea either Zoe, hadn't ever seen the term before. I googled it, didn't find a definition straight, but I found something that refers to it as a dessert extravaganza.

Lauren2222 Posts : 2 Registered: 12/16/09
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

Yes the viennese (not even sure how to spell it lol) is usually a really long dessert table or room, it has everything pasteries, cookies, cakes, chocolate foutains, it's not necessary but it is a nice touch to your wedding!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine