Centerpieces

Online Users: 1,303 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1

KatyDee Posts : 48 Registered: 7/2/09
Centerpieces
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 2:56 AM

Hey everybody..

what do you think about centerpieces that are flowers (red orchids in particular) submerged in water in vases of varying heights, with a floating candle on top? I dont know how to post pictures.. but I will if someone tells me how :)

Also, does anyone know if you can submerge fake flowers or if they have to be real? I've heard that silk doesn't work very well but other artificial flowers do. Anyone have any experience with this?

Edited by: KatyDee on Sep 17, 2009 2:57 AM

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Re: Centerpieces
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: KatyDee

We did this as one of our centerpieces (we had 3 different centerpieces). We used real orchids, and our florist told us that only certain types of flowers float well and will hold up through the reception, so you definitely should check with a florist on what to use!! We had both rectangular and square tables at our wedding, and we used the cylinders on our rectangular tables. I think we put five in a line going down each table, of varying heights and with varying types and colors of orchids, with votives scattered in between them. People really loved it! I am supposed to get pictures sometime soon, and will definitely post some if I can!!!

I don't know anything about whether fake flowers will float, but if you're looking to save some money ou might try swirled grasses instead of flowers - these should be cheaper and still look stunning (see the third picture below). You could also try non-traditional things, like fruit or candy or marbles.

In the meantime, here are a few I found on google:

P.O.O.P. - People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine