Black and Hot Pink wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Megannon Posts : 37 Registered: 1/29/08
Black and Hot Pink wedding
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 8:44 PM

So I know I want blank and hot pink as my colors. The girls will wear hot pink dresses (the color is from alfred angelo called lipstick). But I'm not sure what else I should do centerpiece wise. I don't want my wedding to look punk just pretty. I was thinking about just having clear vases with black rocks on the bottom and pink gerber daisies. But I think I need more ideas to make sure. If you have any that would be amazing!!! I have a really tight budget so anything I can make would be amazing!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!

***Can't wait to spend forever with the love of my life***

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
Re: Black and Hot Pink wedding
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: Megannon

I love your colors! I wanted to do black and hot pink at first but I ended up going with hot pink and lime green instead. We are also on a budget and for our centerpieces we are doing two fishbowls stacked on top of each other filled with flowers....its kind of hard to describe...its a martha stewart thing lol

Here is a picture that is kind of what we are doing but we are only doing two fishbowls because three seemed to high and we will have pink flowers in it instead of white....

http://www.partysparkle.co.uk/ekmps/shops/partysparkle/resources/Image/Fish%20bowl%20with%20calla%20Lillys.jpg

We have been picking up the fishbowls at A.C. Moore with a coupon for about 1.25 each and then we just have to buy the flowers for each. When we did a trial fun we only needed like two flowers per bowl.Very affordable!!

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

Thats really cool. Very different!!! I was even thinking some curly willow branches but they all come in brown. so you think that having brown curly willows with pink flowers and maybe a black ribbon around the vase would look tacky? I wasnt sure what the whole rule was with black and brown.

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: Megannon

I don't know if there is a rule about black & brown anymore (or if people follow it - I sure don't!), but I think branch idea would be really pretty.

I went to a wedding about two years ago and the colors were black and hot pink. It was very classy and didn't seem "punk" at all! I remember the tables having white or ivory table cloths with black and pink ribbon/table runners across them. I'm sure that there was something else in the center, but I honestly can't remember what! If I come across a picture of it, I'll be sure to post it.

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding planning guide

My planning blog: 

http://michaelandcaitlinforever.blogspot.com/

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: Megannon

Your idea sounds perfect. I have a similar picture that uses a black velvet ribbon with a little rhinestone fastener around the vase (like a necklace). I have lots of black/hot pink centerpiece and reception pictures. Just contact me through my website and I'll send them right out to you.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: Megannon

Here's a link to my little brother and SIL's wedding, which I think was just gorgeous! Using your colors.

http://albums.phanfare.com/slideshow.aspx?u=4970304&a_id=3761963

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: Megannon

I just got married two months ago and these were our wedding colors! I did lillies with hot pink, red, and light pink roses as our flowers. I also used alfred angelo dresses and the girls did wear hot pink, but it was fuschia alfred angelo and not the lipstick (which the fuschia was really bright! I did not realize how bright it was until I saw it, but it worked out nicely!) I can't post any professional pictures here since I don't have the prints, but you can go to the website to view them www.studioonenaperville.com and click on order pictures then type wedding in the search box. Then look for Johnson/Collins wedding on 7-25-09. I hope this helps!

SunnySanrio Posts : 70 Registered: 8/6/09
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: Stephorse

cyndi
That slide show was super awesome! I like the way your little bro did his wedding! Very beautiful pics and wedding!

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: Stephorse

Stephorse I absolutely love your pictures!! you look absolutely
gorgeous and those dresses are amazing! I will deffinately be switching
to the same color. Thanks so much for letting me look at your pics it
helps so much.

Cyndi you looked so beautiful too!! i loveedd your dress! and the jars that had the pink crystals in it!

all of your ideas help so much I cant thank you enough!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine