Wedding Favors for Kids/Teens and Young Adults

Online Users: 1,353 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 10

JessandJoe Posts : 7 Registered: 12/29/08
Wedding Favors for Kids/Teens and Young Adults
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 10:35 AM

I'm just wondering if you need to give wedding favors to kids, teens and young adults who are still living at home? My favors oil and vinegar bottles and obviously children will have no need for these and I have a few cousins who are invited who are still living at home so I didn't know if I should include them in my favor order?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
wedding website

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Wedding Favors for Kids/Teens and Young Adults
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: JessandJoe

Dear Jess,

In my opinion, the best favors are edible. The guest has a nice treat after the reception is over.

Why not offer some edible favor to the young people? Get packets of M&Ms or lollypops with your names or initials on them.

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

my favors were soap, and everyone got one. But for the children (8 and under is what I went with) I put together a "goody bag" of sorts with wedding themed coloring book, crayons, and a rubber duckie bride and groom. (www.orientaltrading.com) That along with the ceremony bubbles kept the kids busy and happy! Of course once they discovered the dance floor there was no getting them off it! LOL

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: JessandJoe

You could just do one favor per family rather than one per person. That solves the problem.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Dear CB,

"and a rubber duckie bride and groom"

Too cute! I've seen those.

That would be a great favor for any age. No one is too old for a rubber duckie in the bath.

JessandJoe Posts : 7 Registered: 12/29/08
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thanks ladies. I was thinking of the crayon and coloring book baskets but didn't know if that was a good idea. The kids are from 6 - 11 and the teens are 16 & 18 so I don't think the rubber ducky thing would really be up their alley, but it's a really cute idea.
wedding website

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

AOTB--I took a set of the rubber duckies with me on our honeymoon--they're now in my curio cabinet with all the other wedding stuff! LOL Seeing as how my father asked for a set I agree that they can be for any age!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 10:01 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

yeah, for the 6-11 crowd coloring books would be great. its fun, keeps them busy, etc.
for the 16-18, eh, something a little more "grown up" might be good. not sure what...hmm...

but, i do like the little candy bag idea. You could buy 1 bag of m&m's and mix them with 1 bag of reeses piece or something. or do hershey kisses. Or, you could make up personalized hershey bar wrappers too.

alleak135 Posts : 54 Registered: 5/15/09
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 10:49 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

My best friend runs a cute little cafe that's signature item is the one hot cookie we are having a set up for this at our wedding in lieu of favors. It's interactive, fun for all ages, and not many people can resist cookies. She has also done monogrammed cookies as wedding favors at many weddings and they have turned out very appropriate for all ages and classy. In fact her last wedding she did them for was for a neurosurgeon. Maybe, you could do something like that for younger guests that way you can be more consistent instead of worrying about please two different age groups.

Zotsa Posts : 12 Registered: 6/2/09
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 4:08 AM Go to message in response to: JessandJoe

I have to agree with auntofthebride, edible favors are the best. Right now we're buying special made M&Ms with our 2 wedding colors and engraving the M&Ms with our names on one color and the date on the other. Then we're placing them into a thankyou box with a little note.

Future Mrs. Emma Miller-Bae

UniqueWeddingFa... Posts : 6 Registered: 9/13/09
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 4:49 AM Go to message in response to: JessandJoe

I think it depends completely on the wedding favor. If it is edible, everyone gets one. If it is and oil and vinegar set, I would say one per family.....but that's just me :)

Best Bridal Favors

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine