DIY Projects, pictures! Show Yours!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 49

paralegal05 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/19/09
DIY Projects, pictures! Show Yours!
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 3:15 PM

I posted this in another forum but I think it fits better here!

We are having a winter themed wedding. I love snowflakes so I am incorporating that into our theme. I started to make some of the items. I never realized how creative you can be. I am having so much fun creating stuff! I thought it would be interesting to see everyone's DIY items that they have created. It doesn't matter what season or theme, I love them all. I am just having a winter theme because FH did 12 days of Christmas and on the 12th day he proposed! And if anyone has any suggestions or new ideas for winter themed weddings, I would love to hear!

So, my wedding colors are ice blue and silver. I would love to have crystals to tie into the theme. I am still trying to figure out centerpieces, so please share your ideas.

These are my favor boxes, we will be putting Hershey kisses in them. I thought since they are wrapped in silver foil they would be perfect!

These are the candle holders that will be at each guest' seat. I will be putting the votive candles that are battery operated. They created a nice glow but that was hard to capture in the picture.

I am also making my own veil. We will see how it turns out. I am sewing on Swarovski white and blue crystals. This matches my e-ring perfectly. Here is a pic of that too so you can see. I will post more pictures when I finish the veil. It is very time consuming but well worth it.

Its your turn now, let's see all the great and creative ideas!

SunnySanrio Posts : 70 Registered: 8/6/09
Re: DIY Projects, pictures! Show Yours!
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

I like this thread! Here's what I've been working on...

Ring bearer pillow
Image preview

Junior bride kissing ball flower thingy
Image preview

MOH bouquet side and top view
Image preview
Image preview

gift card box (it's a vintage hat box)
Image preview

That's it so far. I have my bouquet and the boutenierres next on my list!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 9:26 PM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

Our wedding is celtic-themed in the colors of fall.

Our tables are Scottish clans (rather than numbers) Each place card has the tartan of the clan assigned.

These are our invitations.... everyone also got a picture of us. Our wedding logo is on them (check the place cards, it is there too)

This is the OOT guest bag. We really racked up... I was planning on using these kinds of bags anyways, but a local grocery store on a going out of business sale had them 4 for $1. I bought tons

(The shamrocks, etc, are covering "FOOD WORLD")

My FH made these frames. And I do mean MADE them. This is our wedding logo, and it is what we are using for our aisle decorations. Then the wedding party also each get one as a thank you.

I also DIYd my veil. I bought a premade plain one and spiffed it up with swarovski pearls. I have a lot more appreciation for the WHY these suckers are so bloody expensive. It took me 10 hours to sew those pearls on. But wow, it looks amazing.

I made these candles, in our wedding colors, to go at each table. The mirrors are actually a little different, but they'll be sitting on mirrors.

These are hand crafted soaps (FH made the mold for me) that will be going in the guest bags.

We also printed our own programs and wrote our own ceremony. The hall will be decorated by twinkle lights...with leaves tied to it. We created our own favors (CDs with music from the ceremony/reception with our logo on it), and playlist for the reception.

We DIYd the box our handfasting cords will reside in post ceremony.

In addition, FH 'made' his own grooms cake. He made a pirate ship, and will be stacking Nutter Butters in it. We designed our own wedding cake (but we're not making it <G>) I am also DIYing my "Emergency Kit"

Basically, we've had our hands in literally every single piece of this....except my flowers. Those are being designed by an awesome friend of mine who has his floral designs featured in bridal mags. HE is designing those with no input from me. He has shown me designs to see what I like, and after that, he showed me 9 draft ideas, to find out which I liked best. The one he expected me to pick is the one I did. And FH and I have TRULY collaborated on this planning event. I'm so blessed to have an FH who wants to plan his wedding!

Misty

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 10:18 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Catstandish, those placecards are stunning! And I love, love, love those frames. Thats funny you mentioned how time consuming sewing beads onto a veil is. I'm not even close to being done and I have already spent 3 hours on mine! Your veil is beautiful and I agree it is well worth it.

SunnySanrio, I can't see your pictures :( I see you are an Ohio bride too! All your projects sound like they are beautiful! I never thought about making my own bouquets and things, I would be afraid too! That takes talent!

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

Cat, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you actually did send President Obama an invite. Please tell me you did. Because if so, you are a badass and I love you.

Ahem, even more, I mean. ;)
My Planning Blog

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

Hmm... can anyone else see my pics?

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: SunnySanrio

Nope, can't see 'em either.
My Planning Blog

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Cat!! Your day is almost here!! I'm so excited for you!!

------------------------------------------

Married since 10/26/08

My new project: 

studentknitter.blogspot.com

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

Yes, I did invite President Obama.... do you know he has NOT returned my RSVP? I really should call just to confirm he is not coming. Granted, since I only invited him and his wife, rather than the Secret Service contingent that he travels with now, I am certain he will not be attending.

My parents invited whoever was president when they got married.... the first time I got married, Clinton was in office and I invited them. (THEY sent a lovely congratulatory card, btw...so far nothing from the Obama Administration, but they may just be rather busy with other things at this present moment, so I won't go all zilla on him for not acknowledging my wedding)

Thanks Nala. We're getting very excited. Next weekend is my last weekend as a Single Woman.

And this is the time we decided to adopt a kitten. I know... GOOD timing.

Misty

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 9:43 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Ok, so i'll try this again! I'm going to try and post from photobucket this time and see if I have better luck. I also managed to complete MY bouquet so I'll add it in aswell.

Ring Bearer Pillow
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/sunnysanrio/SDC11337.jpg

Gift/Card Box (It's a vintage hat box)
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/sunnysanrio/SDC11338.jpg

Junior Bridesmaid Kissing Ball thingy
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/sunnysanrio/SDC11340.jpg

MoH Bouquet
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/sunnysanrio/SDC11346.jpg

and the top view
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/sunnysanrio/SDC11347.jpg

My bouquet
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/sunnysanrio/SDC11350.jpg

another view
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/sunnysanrio/SDC11352.jpg

Edited by: SunnySanrio on Sep 14, 2009 9:44 PM

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: SunnySanrio

Sunny, all you projects are very pretty and creative! Your bouquets are unique and beautiful!

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: SunnySanrio

oh my god... this thread must have been made for me! my sister and i are the queens of DIY! haha
I'm not getting married till 10/10/10 but here's some things we're making...

my boquet and all others, boutineers and corsages, center pieces, cake, candy buffet, flower girl outfit, invites, cake plates and lots of decorations.

i'll post pictures as i make things!

oh, paralegal, i love your ring! sunnysenario i'm making my own boquet too! i love the idea of using feathers! and cat, my fh and i decided to invite as many celebrities as possible just to see what happens. lol obama will be on my list for sure!

Photobucket Photobucket

Edited by: annarebeccal on Sep 14, 2009 10:07 PM

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: SunnySanrio

Sunny, I love the bouquets and "kissing ball." Where did you get your flowers? They look very realistic!

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding planning guide

My planning blog: 

http://michaelandcaitlinforever.blogspot.com/

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 7:47 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

I got some from www.afloral.com (REALLY love this site and they have good deals) and the rest from a local craft store here called Pat Catan's. Not sure if you have one in your area. Honestly, I really love crafty stuff so it was totally fun to do! Just have the boutenierres left when I get the chance to make them.

kdigiamm Posts : 21 Registered: 9/9/09
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 11:12 PM Go to message in response to: SunnySanrio

Hi Sunny! Awwwww you bouquet is so cute! All your pictures as awesome, you did an amazing job. It makes me so excited to get my ball rolling even more. How many bridesmaids do you have in your wedding party? I love the kissing ball "thingy" lol. My FH and I seem to be taking a different route than a lot of women on this site. We only started planning for our wedding next summer, I feel SO far behind. If you have any suggestions about making some things run smoother and faster I would be MORE than happy to listen. Thanks bunches : )

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine