WHAT SONG AS YOU WALK DOWN THE AISLE??

Online Users: 1,299 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 67

acwilde Posts : 13 Registered: 7/25/09
Re: WHAT SONG AS YOU WALK DOWN THE AISLE??
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaJ0

AMANDA JO:
i think it is cute that you have chosen i wanna grow old with you. that is my and my fiance's "song."
i am not sure yet whether i want to walk down the aisle to it, or if i want it to be our first dance.
our other song is "everything" by lifehouse. i love that song. i think it is too slow for walking down the aisle, though.
we also like "me and you" by lifehouse. which might be nice to walk down the aisle to. because of "all of the people, and i don't know why, i can't take my eyes off of you." i think it just makes sense with the lyrics.

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaJ0

awww I wanted "grow old with you" by Adam Sandler as my first dance but the husband refused!!!

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

Invitebyvoice Posts : 1 Registered: 8/4/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

This is a brand new way to capture your favorite wedding song! At Invite By Voice we create invitations that have sound INSIDE the card! You can pick from our music library or even record your own message. Imagine each guest opening up your invitation and hearing your voice or wedding music! What a great kick-off to a memorable event! Please see our wonderful selection of products at www.invitebyvoice.com.

Invite By Voice LLC

Wedding Invitations with Music 

www.invitebyvoice.com 

Chaser Posts : 3 Registered: 1/26/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: allymo23

I'm getting married at the end of August and I'd really like to walk down the aisel to Elvis Presley's "I can't help falling in love with you." .... or atleast the Bridal Party. I know traditionally the bride is supposed to walk down to a different song than the BM but I think it would be neat if we all walked down to it. I can't decide though!

AmandaJ0 Posts : 34 Registered: 3/1/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

Glad that you approve of my choice! I just want the wedding to be trully a reflection of us as a couple and "Grow Old with You" fits the bill. It is fun and will be something memorable! My fiance actually sang that song to me when he proposed! AW!!! It will be like coming full circle, I guess. By the way, he does not know what music will be played. I LOVE SURPRISES!

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaJ0

I know of a few definites that we are having at our wedding, and some I haven't quite figured out yet...
We are getting married on the beach, and I will be walking down the aisle to "When you wish upon a star" (my mom's favorite song which we used to sing together ) played on a mandolin and acoustic guitar. Our first dance will be Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky". My father is a musician and had a band for 20 years; I also have played the piano since I was 4....we have a recording of his band when I was eight years old with me playing Billy Joel's "She's got a way" on the piano and him singing, so I am having it digitally remastered for our Father/Daughter dance as a surprise. Also, I am an only child and my relationship with my mother is extremely important to me...I think that it is important to celebrate her, so I am doing a very untraditional mother/daughter dance to "Wind Beneath My Wings" ...the words are perfect to express how I feel for her, and I know she'll be so suprised...I'll be lucky if she makes it through the song without totally losing it!

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Dave Matthew's Band's "Crash Into Me", covered by Vitamin String Quartet! It's sooooo beautiful!!! :)
My Planning Blog

loislaneisabrid... Posts : 51 Registered: 2/22/07
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

Prelude: Winter Largo
Bridal Party Processional: Ode to Joy
Bride's Processional: Canon in D
Recessional: Rod Stewart "You are my heart, you are my soul"

:-)

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: loislaneisabrid...

I am walking to Gabriel's Oboe, from the Mission sountrack - seriously, if you are undecided listen to this. My pianist recommended it and I fell in love, the melody is SOOOOO gorgeous. I was having a really hard time because I didn't want to a pop or modern song, I wanted something classical, but I don't like Canon in D and Here Comes the Bride is out since us Jews aren't really down with Wagner. I played Gabriel's Oboe for one of my bridesmaids, and she said "it makes me want to cry, which I guess is perfect for a wedding!!"

Here is a grooveshark link:

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/_Gabriel_s_Oboe_from_The_Mission/2867313

P.O.O.P. - People Offended by Offended People

AUL Posts : 1 Registered: 9/2/08
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 8:16 PM Go to message in response to: TheSmays

I am trying to coordinate the wedding songs for the ceremony.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

I did Etta James At Last. DH says it took his breath away.
Happiness is you MIL's face on a milk carton.

wedding ticker 

beachgal2004 Posts : 80 Registered: 2/6/07
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 1:04 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I agree I love at last it is such a classic and beautiful :)

:) love ya

anfeesgirl Posts : 25 Registered: 1/25/09
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: beachgal2004

I'm walking down the aisle to "Life in Technicolor" by Coldplay. I think it is a beautiful song and just unique enough to make me feel comfortable but not too weird where everyone will look at me like I'm crazy. Plus, it builds and I'm sure the moment I and "revealed" and start to walk down the aisle my FH will start to cry. (that is my objective, after all!) ya'll should def give it a listen. beautiful.

Amy...

On October 9th, 2010, I will be Mrs. Anthony J. Fiore!

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

Our Prelude is "One Flight Down" by Norah Jones. The Processional for the party AND me is "Canon in D Major". The recessional is "Wonderful" by India.Arie.

beachgal2004 Posts : 80 Registered: 2/6/07
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I love that song. I would love to dance to At Last, but can't decide between that, I don't want to miss a thing, or one boy,one girl by collin raye.

:) love ya

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine