Fall Favors

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

Soon2bMrsBrakef... Posts : 14 Registered: 2/9/09
Fall Favors
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 1:09 PM

I'm getting married in October & am trying to come up with a new idea for wedding favors. I feel like I have to have them (according to FMIL) but we are really running tight... like TIGHT... on our budget. I really wanted to do caramel apples in the beginning but they are going to be kind of pricey. I had an idea of candy corn in the little organza bags. What do you guys think? HELP! :(

Ebby102310 Posts : 57 Registered: 2/3/09
Re: Fall Favors
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsBrakef...

I think that it's a great idea. My FH is in love with candy corn and I plan to have a stash for him next year on our wedding day. You can get some colored bags and makefall theme novelty wedding gifts from things from the dollar store, and there will always be something cool and unique there in the fall.

If you still want caramel apples, maybe you can do it as decorations for the head table or gifts for the bridal party with tags on the stick with inspirational or funny sayings or place them on the cake table.

After the wedding comes the real funSmile

wedding tickers

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: Ebby102310

I thought it was a cute idea but I didn't know if people would think it was corny... No pun intended! LOL! My FH loves it too... he could eat it by the pound! If I do decide on this, the only problem will be keeping him out of it! LOL! :)

Thanks for your input! :)

Ebby102310 Posts : 57 Registered: 2/3/09
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsBrakef...

LOL You're welcome. It could be corny, but what idea doesn't have a corny part to it...lol. As to keeping the FH out of the favors, give him his own bag. I plan on stocking up on the candy corn and candy pumkins and just have a FH stash :).

As you read posts, especially for October, you will see lots of halloween candy favors and pumpkin ideas.

Besides, when I think of candy corn it makes me smile and think of fall and beautiful leaves. So I think it would be great for your fall wedding and a great treat and gift to your FH.

After the wedding comes the real funSmile

wedding tickers

Edited by: Ebby102310 on Sep 2, 2009 2:20 PM

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsBrakef...

You dont HAVE to do favors, so if its going to kill your budget, skip them. I do think candy corn is a very cute idea though, and you could either go the organza bag route, or, if your theme is autumn, put scattered leaves all over the tables and then jars or bowls of candy corn as the centerpieces. This way, you dont have to do individual favors, your guests can snack on them during the reception, AND you save money on centerpieces since they double as both. I totally believe in using one thing as two or three things whenever possible. Its a great way to save money.

Recovered_JPEGDigitalCamera_1818.jpg Thanksgiving table image by texaslynn

if you scatter the leaves on the tables, you scatter them first, then put a clear plastic covering over each one so they dont move everywhere. It looks really cool and its super cheap decor!

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

they are right, you dont have to do a favor. but, i came across these cute candle holders on ebay. they are about $1 each, and come in a box, with a bow, and a tag!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120459615886&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

mickymar Posts : 1 Registered: 9/2/09
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsBrakef...

Congratulations! Agreed, if you dont have the budget for the little candy with the organza bags, a simple but great idea is to put your fall colors of the wedding in candle on the table, for example what I have suggested in my articles is if the monies are low, then a few bags of your favorite colored candie and put them around the tables. This will let them enjoy your wedding as well as share with them your great day.

SunnySanrio Posts : 70 Registered: 8/6/09
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 8:17 AM Go to message in response to: mickymar

The candy corn is a great idea! I too am on a budget so I'm doing A LOT of things "DIY"!!! If your heart is set on candy apples you can always comprimise and try these...

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Crate-Caramel-Apple-Pops/dp/B0007OPVVM

And a bonus is they taste SOOOOOOO GOOD!

Cassandra85 Posts : 31 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: SunnySanrio

We are doing caramel apples for our wedding favors and I think we calculated around $.60-$.80 for each as we are making them ourselves.

Another idea if you want to keep with the fall theme is caramel popcorn. My mom used to always make this in the fall when I was young and all of us kids loved it. You could then wrap it in bags.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: Cassandra85

You guys have some great ideas! I am really appreciating your input!!! :) Thank you!!!! :)

WeddingGuru08 Posts : 2 Registered: 11/6/08
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsBrakef...

I know that favors can get a bit pricey but my best friend just got some cute favor boxes and put a few special mints in the boxes and it was a hit! She actually got the favor boxes from MyWeddingFavors. And she got bags of mint from our local candy store, she end up getting a great deal and the guest loved her favors! Good Luck!

KimberlyDonn Posts : 26 Registered: 9/8/08
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsBrakef...

My budget was totally getting stretched too. It doesn't have a "fall" theme, but I think it will be fun:

We bought little bags from dollar tree for 10 cents each, and we put some bubbles and I'm off to buy 1.00 lottery scratch off tickets. I couldn't find any kind of favors that were that inexpensive yet still origninal and fun.

Kim

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: KimberlyDonn

Oh cute!! They could totally use the bubbles for your send off & the lottery tickets for later! That's a neat idea too!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsBrakef...

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine