Young brides...

Online Users: 1,295 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,278

bayself Posts : 2 Registered: 6/23/09
Re: Young brides...
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: Love1120

Hey everyone! Im new to this! But I know how some of you feel when it comes to people looking down on your marriage because of your age. My FH and I have been together for almost 2 years, we are both 17 and turning 18 soon. And I will be nearly 19 when we tie the knot. But people are constantly nagging me and saying things like, "Dont you want to live out some of your life first?" and things like that. But I wish they could understand that I cant see my future and NOT see him! He's also in the Army, which if there are any Army Wives or Girlfriends reading then you know exactly how this feels. These kinds of relationships revolve around the Army, the Army doesnt revolve around us. And sometimes I have to come in 2nd, but when you're Army strong you can handle that. Anyone know what I mean here?
b.

bayself Posts : 2 Registered: 6/23/09
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 1:26 AM Go to message in response to: peachy31014

To peachy30114-you toally just made my night! Im 17 and engaged and no one believes in us either. Its hard but Im just like you I know we're gonna make it! And its my senior year of high school and Im getting crap from everyone about the ring on my finger. And Im soo past the point of caring, Im in love and I feel bad for them if they dont get the chance to find what I have. You are such an inspiration to me!
b.

Shellby Posts : 1 Registered: 7/28/09
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 6:58 AM Go to message in response to: bayself

hello! im 19 and i just got engaged on july 27...just yesterday! i know hes the one, definately. its one of those gut feelings :) its ironic how perfectly we compliment eachothers differences and how well we get along. we have everything you need in a perfect couple. friendship, trust, love, passion...i love the fact that he respects my wishes to keep my virginity untill im married. i cant wait :) weve been together for awhile and most of my friends approve of this. i do have a few who just turned their heads when they found out. but hopefully theyll warm up to the idea. :)
-found my prince charming-

rjmojica Posts : 2 Registered: 9/10/09
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: ILoveMyCoastie0...

do not worry
i am 19 and will be 20 or 21 when i get married to my soldier.
so im there with u when it comes to not setting a date.

and actually, he is in afghanistan right now so it makes it even more difficult.
we are oging to begin really planning everything when he comes home for R&R in april. so far im just getting possible ideas...

we dont even know whether or not to have a full on reception.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine