Birthday engagement! :)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Birthday engagement! :)
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 3:32 PM

Yay, I get to join all the "officially engaged" ladies now! :)

He proposed yesterday, we were celebrating my bday and since he lives 2 hrs away right now he came to spend the day with me and at one point we were at "our spot" at the beach and next thing I know, I turn around and my FH (HEHE) was down on one knee! :) The whole thing was very "us" and very funny and romantic the way it all unfolded but it still hasnt quite hit me yet I dont think...

Almost feels weird because I think I expected something to feel different or, I dont know just SOMEthing.. But even though Im happy/excited and its so nice to hear everyone congratulate US finally and all, its still "me and him" in my mind and I dont FEEL engaged or as if something big has happened.. Not sure if Im making sense but did anyone else feel like that?? I think I just have to get in the mood by doing some dress shopping or something lol.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: Birthday engagement! :)
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Congratulations!! How exciting :)

Your feeling of feeling "normal" is normal LOL. It comes to show that the ring and the engagement is not really a big deal so to speak. When my FH proposed I was happy and glowing and all of that but I still felt the same as before. Nothing has changed lol. I'm sure when I get married the same thing will happen. Once you start planning for the wedding and such you will get moments of excitements ;) When is your big day?

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 6:29 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Congratulations on your engagement. Your engagement story sounds so romantic.

best of luck with your wedding planning.

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Innocent

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

FoundTrueLove Posts : 54 Registered: 8/18/09
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

how sweet =) congradulations on the engagement! i'm trying hard to be patient for my proposal. he has the ring and is doing it at some point this semester but i have no idea when...hehe the wait is killing me

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: FoundTrueLove

Thanks ladies! Cheetah, were hoping for end of may sometime..at least thats the plan for now. And thanks for reassuring me that Im "normal" for feeling normal lol..

FoundTrueLove, sounds like my story lol. I knew he had the ring (in fact thats when I first signed up for brides.com and made my first post about that lol) but the excitement and anxiousness went away reeeaaal quick for me, not even sure why. I just settled to just having fun with my BOYFRIEND because I knew whenever he decided to propose that would be the end of that as we know it, lol. Not that I think it wont be fun right now but now $$ is on our mind all the time and I doubt Ill be able to push wedding stuff out of my mind for a "just us" day/evening too often!!

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Georgeous ring!!!

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

Awwww thank you :) he did well - I still cant believe I own something so pretty! He laughs at me for it but I know hes secretly happy I feel like that :)

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

I feel the exact same way about my e-ring. :) Sometimes they just get it right.

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

Woohoo!! Congrats MrsS!! You can't leave our May thread even if you change your date!

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

KaylaSue007 Posts : 4 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 9:18 AM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

congrats! it sounds like you guys are really in love and your ring is really gorgeous!

I'm a DIY addict, and always looking for new ideas, so if you have anything you want to share, you would put a huge smile on this girl's face! Laughing

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: KaylaSue007

Aww thanks kayla! :) and we are :) lol. Ive finally gotten very into this whole being engaged thing so its even more awesome now!

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Congratulations! It's such a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

Don't worry if you dont' immediately feel engaged, it will come. Each time you call him your fiance, or someone congratulates you, or you start actively planning the wedding, it will feel more real and then suddenly being engaged just feels normal. ;)

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

it does feel pretty great now :) defenitely the people congratulating you part helps make it more real!

klmhek Posts : 27 Registered: 9/23/09
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Oh my gosh.. I feel like I could be reading my own post! First of all, my birthday was Sept 8 (just a couple weeks ago) and I got engaged on my birthday too!

And I know exactly how you feel.. I kept telling people "I know I'm engaged.. but I keep forgetting I'm getting married!" It feels surreal I guess.. It took me a while to get used to it! Everywhere I go people I barely know are saying "congrats!" or "let me see the ring!" Its so fun. I haven't done anything planning-related, yet. I'd like to go dress shopping. But because we're waiting until I'm mostly done with school, our wedding isn't until 2011.. So I kind of feel like I'm "pushing" it by going in to psycho-planning-mode!

Anyway.. CONGRATULATIONS!! It just gets better from here! :)
save the date

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 12:22 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine