DIY Pocketfold and Other Invitations

Online Users: 1,244 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

BlushingBridezi... Posts : 99 Registered: 7/21/09
DIY Pocketfold and Other Invitations
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 5:10 PM

I am making my own pocketfold invitations...well mostly anyway. My mother bought these gorgeous invitations but I am going to take them and put them inside of a pocketfold. I love the ones she bought, but I need the pocketfold bc it would provide room for my 4 inserts. So anywho...I'm just getting started on my design process for them and I'm sooooo excited.

This is a thread for all of the other brides who are making their own pocketfolds/invitations. Share your tips/venders/ideas or whatever else you would like to share about the process. Thanks, and I can't wait to hear about your DIY pocketfold/invitation journeys...lol.
-The Blushing Bride

Re: DIY Pocketfold and Other Invitations
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

Bump
-The Blushing Bride

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

You can try envelopeme.com. They have lots of things for invitations and you should be able to find nice ones there.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Thx girly!
-The Blushing Bride

KaylaSue007 Posts : 4 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

I found two great blogs about how to make your own pocketfold invites-

roadtotheaisle.blogspot.com/search/label/invitations
-and-
amyandjoeysbigday.wordpress.com/2008/07/06/how-to-make-your-own-pocketfold-invitations/

A great website for buying paper to make them is anchorpaper.com. I have heard nothing but great things about them from everyone that has ordered. I couldn't find all the colors I needed from there and went to Michael's where I bought some 18x18" cardstock by Martha Stewart that is now on clearance for only $0.97 a sheet. (Regular $1.99)

I hope this helps. I'll be sure to post when I start making my own.

I'm a DIY addict, and always looking for new ideas, so if you have anything you want to share, you would put a huge smile on this girl's face! Laughing

sumeho Posts : 1 Registered: 3/11/10
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

Hi all,I too fell in love with the pocketfold style- but of course they are somewhat pricey if you go through envelopeme.com and some other companies. I found the company cards and pockets- they are super affordable and geared towards diy. I am having a student of mine design the floral pattern, but they also have a graphic artist that can mimic any design that you see on the site, and possibly others. I have not decided if I am going to print from home or see if kinkos etc can print on the smaller paper. I also like that you can order the precut inserts.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine