May 2011 (Or Spring 2011)

Online Users: 1,355 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 46

Shaema Posts : 6 Registered: 8/11/09
Re: May 2011 (Or Spring 2011)
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: Angelxx05x

Hello,
Newly engaged and starting to plan for a May 2011 wedding on Cape Cod, MA. We vacation at a resort on the water every May and October and would love to have it there so we're planning on talking to the owners when we stay the weekend of October 16th. They have an on-site clam bake so we'll talk to caterer while there as well. I had been engaged nine years ago and still love my dress but would like to have it slightly altered to make it 'ours' so I have my dress but would like to make changes to it. We're leaning towards fuchsia and orange for our colors and would love to use Gerbera Daisies and Calla Lilies. We're dreaming of a Mediterranean Cruise for our honeymoon....other than that we haven't done much, it all seems so far away!
~Shannon

a wedding website

shaheenbride Posts : 3 Registered: 1/18/09
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: Shaema

Planning a June 2011 wedding. I just had a baby so I had to put off planning for awhile, but I am ready to start again.
We booked the church a few months ago. They are building a new hall. I really want to use them, but they wouldn't book until they decided on a caterer. I called the caterer to have them send me a menu. I will decide if I like them and are in our budget. The church, normally $600, cost us a donation and us to join the church. FH parent's got married in the same church, so it was our first choice.
I finally decide on colors. Oh and - love the butter yellow and sage green. It was one of my choices. We are going with green and navy blue. The ceremony will have pops of yellow and reception will have pops of orange. I love the look of two color schemes and it took me awhile to figure out how to make it work.
I think I know what photographer I want and found invites I LOVE. I have not even browsed dresses, because I know I will change my mind a million times before I actually buy. BUT I love that dress!

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: shaheenbride

Hello!

We've been engaged for almost a month now, and are planning to have our wedding May 2011 as well. It seems so far away, but we are already planning out some of the details. Location is outside, late afternoon probably, in his grandparents backyard overlooking their vineyard. Colors are going to be navy blue and hot pink (fushia). I haven't really thought about flowers or anything yet, I like peonies, but we are trying to keep the costs minimal, and those are such expensive flowers! Our favors are going to be little pink and blue gummy bears (he is a firefighter and everyone knows us by our nicknames - bluebear and pinkbear!) I kinda also want to tie in a small sleeping beauty theme, since it is my favorite movie of all time. At the end of the movie the fairy godmothers are fighting over her dress color, pink or blue! I want to walk down the aisle to a single guitarist playing "Once Upon A Dream (Sleeping Beauty Waltz by Tchaikovsky)" So far thats all we have!
http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers"> src="http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt35112.aspx" alt="Wedding Countdown Ticker" border="0" >

MrsNB2B Posts : 13 Registered: 8/18/09
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 11:05 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

Me and my FH got engaged just over a month ago and we are planning our wedding for late June 2011. Since we are paying for most of it, this will give us time to save up for all the things we want. We are about to put down deposits down for our venue and our photographer since they are both popular and we want to make sure we get them. We basically have the whole thing planned out we just have to pay for everything. If you ask me, I would rather have 2 years to plan that way there is more time to make sure that everything works out perfectly!

-Jeanna

Love is permanent its driven way to deep to just pull out like weeds in a garden. 

ahobbs89 Posts : 6 Registered: 8/24/09
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 2:29 AM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

I am getting married march 19th 2011. I have already found my dress, and venue. I am a plann ahead kind of person so i am doing this so i am not stressed day of.

http://jacobandashley.superweds.com/

a wedding website

JamieShell Posts : 10 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Aug 31, 2009 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

Just got engaged and we are pretty set right now on March 2011. Probably the second or third week of the month. Originally we had talked Fall or Winter 2010 but decided to wait. I was hoping for December 2010 but FH doesn't want a get married or travel around Christmas and I think October would be too soon, and too much family stuff is happening in November. So we are almost positive it will be in 2011 now.

I like the idea of March. It gives us a year and a half to save, which we are actually saving more for a down payment on a house than a wedding. We would really love to get married and come home to a new house. And we're having a small intimate close friends and family wedding. Our number one spot at the moment we are thinking of is Galveston Island, possibly getting married right on the beach. We will get married here in Texas where all my family is but FH is from Michigan (only lived here 2 years) and all his immediate family, extended family and close friends are back in Michigan. So we will take our honeymoon in Michigan so that we can have a reception there for all his family and friends that couldn't come to the Wedding. Not my dream honeymoon but it's very important to him that his family be involved in some way so I don't mind plus like I said we are trying to save money for a house so not like we would've had some grand expensive honeymoon anyway.

I do have ideas on dresses. I'm not even sure I'm going to go with a traditional wedding dress, I've always wanted a pale blue dress. I'm crazy about blue, I would love a pale blue dress with a navy blue (or similar dark blue color) sash, something simple and well.... blue. But it's really hard to find any wedding dresses in colors so I might have to go with a fancier bridesmaid dress since those you can get in almost any color. But then again I might do a white wedding dress there are some stunning ones, with maybe a pale blue sash or something. My first destination when I'm ready to shop will be Alfred Angelo, already seen some of the dresses I would like to try on. But I'm going to hold off trying on dresses for a couple of months because I want to lose a good amount of weight before getting married (not going to lie that's another reason why I'm fine with waiting so long for the wedding!) and there's no real point in trying on dresses now when I might nix something that looks bad on me now but might look good minus 30 pounds, you know what I mean?

I'm super excited even if I'm not having a big ceremony but I'm trying not to get ahead of myself since it's still a good ways off yet.

Good luck planning ladies!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He asked me to become his Queen Butterfly on August 29th, 2009!

Future Mrs. P!

KaylaSue007 Posts : 4 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

Hello ladies! I'm new around here so here's my story... . My man and I are already planning our wedding for sometime around June, 2011. (Right now, we're planning on the 18th, but it could change.) We already know that we're getting married in Slovakia, (Europe) where my FH is from. They have a gorgeous 11th century castle that rises above his town, so we've already decided it's the perfect spot to get married! I know it's really early, but I don't want to feel overwhelmed right before our wedding, especially when I plan on DIYing a lot of stuff! Plus, we're giving family and friends time to save money to make it to Europe! We've already started planning some things, and I have been searching the internet for ideas from cakes to decor, and projects I can do myself. We already decided to do a baby blue, silver, and white wedding (simple and traditional), and I will be making the pocketfold invitations, favor boxes, candy favors, menus, cardbox, and most of that kind of stuff myself. Any way to save money haha. Plus, I'm a person who loves to let my creativity out so I'm so excited to get started on it! I'm wondering when you guys think is a good time to get started on that kind of stuff? Like a year before the wedding? I'd love to hear any ideas from anyone, and I can't wait to hear more about everyone's weddings!

ps. I love the champagne dress. I think you can make the beach formal if everyone's wearing the right attire. Are you planning on using just a natural setting or are you adding a little of your own decor?

I'm a DIY addict, and always looking for new ideas, so if you have anything you want to share, you would put a huge smile on this girl's face! Laughing

jordankwb Posts : 3 Registered: 11/23/09
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

im getting married on may 14 2011. we went to kays jewelers and looked at rings and i found one i loved, and so he bought it but didnt give it to me yet. he has had it for 3-4 months and already knows when and how he wants to do it. my entirefamily knows and is excited. its weird cuz i know we are bout to get engaged but idk when. i bought my wedding dress a couple weekends ago. its amazing. all i know is it is between december and april 2010.
Cooljkw

Cheyana Posts : 2 Registered: 11/27/09
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

I just got engaged on 11/15. We're planning a March 2011 wedding! I'll be back often need lots of ideas!

TiaLynnCummings... Posts : 5 Registered: 2/1/09
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: Cheyana

Hello! I just got engaged November 28, 2009.... I have started planning and looking for my dress and a reception venue.. My Fiance and I are going to plan and finance Our Wedding, so we have set a budget. Any great tips, advice, support and etc. is welcome.. Congratulations, to all the lucky girls out there!! Have FUN planning...
Okay Ladies it's 500 days and counting....  I can't wait to be Mrs. G. P. Cummings, Jr.!!

lilnikki Posts : 3 Registered: 11/8/09
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 2:48 PM Go to message in response to: TiaLynnCummings...

Hello,
I got engaged on Nov 6, 2009. We are planning on June 11,2011 to be our wedding day. We found where we are having our reception. I am going to look for dresses on Jan 23.My colors are going to be black,& pink I am slowly looking at ideas online. How much planning do you guys have?

FutureMrsSimpki... Posts : 45 Registered: 1/7/10
Posted: Jan 10, 2010 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

I got engaged last January and we really never talked about a date until this past December. We are getting married April 2nd, 2011 and I've picked out our church, the pastor, the colors, and the photographer. I'm just doing little at a time since it's awhile to the wedding. It's nice to have a good idea on what you would like to do instead of waiting until the last minute.

Future Mrs.Simpkins<3
--been engaged since o1-11-o9

"This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love."

Anna827 Posts : 20 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsSimpki...

Hello, My name is Anna, (this is my first post) and we're also planning for a May 2011 wedding.

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: Anna827

I have changed our date a bunch of times but I think that I am finally settling with May 2011. We are going to have a small simple wedding and for colors I'm thinking about cream and lavender.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

FutureMrsRYoung Posts : 1 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

Yes, I'm getting married on May 21, 2011! I've already picked out my dress and we just reserved our ceremony and reception sites.

Edited by: FutureMrsRYoung on Mar 24, 2010 3:27 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine