Anyone have an Northeast outdoor wedding reception suggestion?

Online Users: 1,231 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

nycbride1 Posts : 1 Registered: 8/31/09
Anyone have an Northeast outdoor wedding reception suggestion?
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 9:19 AM

Hi!

Congrats to all of you on your engagements and recent weddings!

My fiance and I would like to get married next summer/fall. We'd like to have an outdoor wedding reception. Rustic, beach, waterfront (lake, etc), field, B&B, orchard... we are totally open. I think I have finally exhausted all online searching options and we still haven't found "the place". We've found some beautiful places, but our catch is always our wedding size- a guest list of 275.

We live in NYC and are considering any venue within about 3 hours driving distance from the city. Does anyone know of a property that rents out it's space for tent weddings? Maybe in Southern Vt., Ct, RI, NY, NJ, northern PA. or anywhere else you can recommend.

Thanks so much!

Edited by: nycbride1 on Sep 8, 2009 9:19 AM

saraheee Posts : 6 Registered: 9/12/09
Re: Anyone have an Northeast outdoor wedding reception suggestion?
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: nycbride1

How about the Hudson Valley? I went to a GORGEOUS wedding at the Rhinecliff this summer:

http://therhinecliff.com/index.html

It's right on the Hudson with beautiful deck space (and great food!). They can also do outdoor tents. The entire area is beautiful, though, and with so much history--you might also want to try towns like Tivoli, Red Hood, and Rhinebeck.

saraheee Posts : 6 Registered: 9/12/09
Re: Anyone have an Northeast outdoor wedding reception suggestion?
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 7:32 PM Go to message in response to: saraheee

Thought of another suggestion (might be cheaper than the Hudson Valley, too). You could also try the lake region/northern Poconos in Northeast PA. A college friend of mine lives in the area so I'm fairly familiar with it--you could look up Erhardt's (restaurant on Lake Wallenpaupack with lot of lawn space leading to the lake), or Woodloch Resort. I believe the area is about two and a half hours from the city.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine