Color help please!!!

Online Users: 1,314 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 8

AlyssaMarie Posts : 32 Registered: 1/3/09
Color help please!!!
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 9:50 PM

Ok so i have finally decided on a color for my wedding!!!! The only problem is im not exactly sure what accent colors to do with it. So if ya'll could give me your opinions that would be way helpful.

So my main color is going to Alfred Angelo's burnt orange.

I'm getting married the weekend after Thanksgiving.

And also any ideas on center pieces?

Thanks so much!!!

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Re: Color help please!!!
Posted: Sep 5, 2009 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

You could do a number of things with burnt orange. Since it is a darker, fall color, you could pick almost any color and it would still look great for the time of year.

Burnt orange and Deep Purple

Burnt Orange and Brown
OrangeBrown.jpg image by chrissymarie98

Maybe you could use the butterfly in some of your decor. Even if you aren't a fan of butterflies in general, maybe tuck one into each centerpiece.

Burnt Orange with Brown and Yellow

Burnt Orange and other shades of Orange

Burnt Orange with Red and Green (I'd make sure it was a bright green)

Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

Posted: Sep 6, 2009 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

Thanks so much i really like the brown and the yellow.

heathertaylor Posts : 37 Registered: 8/27/09
Posted: Sep 7, 2009 12:42 AM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

Burnt Orange with a shade of brown (whether it be Chocolate or Maple) and Ivory/Champagne is one of my favourite colour combos!
I also like it with Navy Blue, or Olive Green, or Plum Purple, or shades of Grey

For centerpieces, there are some beautiful flowers that you could use in orange like roses, calla lilies, orchids, and butterfly weeds. I also found a few things that are great fall-ish/thanksgiving-ish decor pieces:
Reception, Fall, Centerpieces, Autumn, Gourds

Reception, Centerpiece, Orange, Brown, Candles, Pumpkin

Reception, Centerpiece, Floating candle

Flowers, Reception, Pink, Centerpiece, Red, Orange, Yellow

Reception, Orange

Looking for inspiration?

Check out my blog @ http://idoinspiration.blogspot.com

Edited by: heathertaylor on Sep 7, 2009 12:45 AM

ascoobis Posts : 6 Registered: 9/7/09
Posted: Sep 7, 2009 4:54 AM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

Alfred Angelos burnt orange reminds me of the trees in fall, maybe you could incorporate that into your scheme kind of tie it all in. But without a budget I really couldn't give a suggestion of center peice. I am in school right now for wedding planning, i hope one day to take it professionally, but I am still learning. good luck to.

11 months and countingKiss

ascoobis Posts : 6 Registered: 9/7/09
Posted: Sep 7, 2009 5:02 AM Go to message in response to: heathertaylor

Color really depends on time of year and what mood you want to set, an example of color setting mood, a winter wedding being held in a cabin with snow on the ground, a tiffany blue with a mocha would really set a cool but romantic setting. A thanksgiving wedding that wants to incorporate fall colors like burnt orange and maple, I would make a center peice with a tall center peice with some burnt orange orchids and some dark green shrubberies, if a romantic setting is what your after a few voitive candles hanging from some branches on the centerpiece and kind of placed around the bottom on the table with some low over head lightning would add an elegant touch with out breaking the wallet.

11 months and countingKiss

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: ascoobis

Well we are getting married the Saturday after thanksgiving so I'm def going for the thanksgiving look. I really am not sure of a budget...well at least not for center pieces however i am trying to keep that kind of one the low end.

I was really leaning toward the burnt orange, dark brown, and ivory. I was thinking about doing the orange bridesmaid dresses with ivory tulips wrapped in a brown ribbon.

So i was thinking of some how incorporating tulips along with the colors for our center pieces.
"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day."

Alyssamarie3931 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/29/10
Posted: May 29, 2010 11:00 PM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

i just thought that it was ironic because we have the same name and i chose the same colors for my upcoming wedding next year and im having a hard time choosing the right colors to go together.. i wanted the burnt orange and my hubby to be wants green... so well see how it all turns out! good luck!

Nicnak Posts : 27 Registered: 12/26/09
Posted: May 30, 2010 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: Alyssamarie3931

My best friend got married in October '08 and she did burnt orange and purple....soooo beautiful!! Here are some pics...the first one is me with a groomsman and the second is me and the bride to show you the flowers.

030.jpg picture by nicnak423015.jpg picture by nicnak423

Our beautiful daughter, Jaylynn!

wedding planning guide

Edited by: Nicnak on May 30, 2010 6:01 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine