JULY 2010 BRIDES

Online Users: 1,237 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 96

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Re: JULY 2010 BRIDES
Posted: Jul 25, 2009 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: s00n2b

jmd22 awww I love the symbolism of it all!! Thats cute :)

And Bella I'm doing a sunday wedding as well!! Not sure yet whether to do it in the evening or have kind of a "brunch" kind of reception (not sure how that would work out yet). But soon2b gave a great idea about the photographers! I wouldnt have even thought of that! I dont think its toooo much of a gamble because these are people who are graduating...everything is still fresh in their heads and sure, they might not have the experience in the "real world" of photography but you better bet they'll be trying hard to work their butt off being creative to build a good portfolio!!

soon2b I love purple! Depends what kind of style you're going for and what shade of purple but you can mix in yellow with something or lighter shades of purple (almost pink looking) with white for a pop of color since its july and all or do silver accents for a more sophisticated feel...

Edited by: MrsS2010 on Jul 25, 2009 2:34 PM

PartoftheLyonsDen Posts : 5 Registered: 7/4/09
Posted: Jul 25, 2009 7:47 PM Go to message in response to: BellaBling

Sunday! YAY! I have been on Martha Stewart's web site and I get a kick out of how many ways to cut costs. just started reading it yesterday on the plane and the sweepstakes to enter are cool, honeymoons and dresses and such. My idea about the reception. Because our wedding is in the south, we have to consider the heat in July. But thanks Martha! We're trying to get the Good Humor Man LOL to bring some treats to keep our guests cool. And my girls and I will carry parasols to keep the sun off.

PartoftheLyonsDen Posts : 5 Registered: 7/4/09
Posted: Jul 25, 2009 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

To piggyback on the purple, David's Bridals has the prettiest purple flowery dress. It has a print on it, with colors that will work fine with palettes. They have a couple different to choose from. Happy Hunting!

s00n2b Posts : 5 Registered: 7/20/08
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: PartoftheLyonsDen

Hello Ladies,
Thanks for the tips on how to dress the purple. I took a look at the one at Davids bridal and it is too cute. I was trying to get some ideas from the colors they used in their "color inspiration" tool. Hope everyone is doing well and looking for those bargains... I know I am.
Does anyone have any ideas on wedding themes? I was thinking about something majestic, or like royalty, since im using a royal purple, diamonds, and maybe gold for my ideas.
~Gigi

wedding countdown

ChicagoLawyer Posts : 4 Registered: 8/6/09
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 1:56 AM Go to message in response to: Cristina1280

July 17 for us!

Our colors are light aqua and buttercream

SunnySanrio Posts : 70 Registered: 8/6/09
Posted: Aug 9, 2009 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: ChicagoLawyer

July 8th here! Yes, i know its a thursday lol! even though it's summer I'm doing different shades of purple (mainly eggplant) with shades of green as well.

iamcarnin Posts : 2 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 3:46 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeMrsLish

Hi, I am new here,I got engaged in dec.....wow finally after 3 yrs so excited.....I am a july bride also,july 3,2010 to be exact. Our colors are dark chocolate & pink. congrats to all of you also try to relax & have fun on this woderful journey.
always cherrish the moments each moment fills the cup of a lifetime

iamcarnin Posts : 2 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 3:52 AM Go to message in response to: BlissfullBride

Hello,I am a july bride also,our colors are dark chocolate & pink they are beautiful together if those are the colors you love then I would go with them.
always cherrish the moments each moment fills the cup of a lifetime

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Sep 7, 2009 12:47 AM Go to message in response to: iamcarnin

Dark chocolate and pink go fabulous together! :) I've also seen pink and black together as well...and they look wonderful in photographs! :)
wedding website

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Sep 7, 2009 12:55 AM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

Hey July brides!
Just out of curiosity, where are you and your honey going to for your honeymoon (if your are going on a honeymoon?) I think FH and I have pretty much decided for the bahamas! :D I'm so excited! But we're actually not going right after the wedding because since our wedding is in July, that's actually when hurricane season is starting up in the caribbean so we're waiting until December of that year because that's when we have winter break from school (we'll be in grad school still) and that's when the weather is the best out there! What about you ladies? Where are you all going on you honeymoon?

wedding website

Kandyluv84 Posts : 3 Registered: 1/2/09
Posted: Sep 7, 2009 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: iamcarnin

Hello! This is exciting! I haven't been on this website too much but I am already loving it! I am also getting married next July. July 16, 2010 my high school sweetheart of almost 10 years will be getting married. I need help with wedding themes and colors. We are thinking brown, fuschia and navy blue....any ideas? We will be getting married on a Friday evening and it will be indoors. Help

My favorite two quotes from the movie The Wedding DAte (2005)

"The hardest thing is loving someone and then having the courage to let them love you back."

"I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else."

georginachristy Posts : 1 Registered: 6/22/08
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: Kandyluv84

hey everyone, i am new to the forums but I am getting married July 24, 2010~! we are having so much fun planning!

kdigiamm Posts : 21 Registered: 9/9/09
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 12:58 AM Go to message in response to: georginachristy

Hi everyone! I am also new to the forums but loving every minute of them. It is great to be able to chat with other brides-to-be about everything! I love all the ideas everyone has to give. My FH and I have been together for 5 years and engaged for 3 of them. When we finally set a date...I was ecstatic! Our date is July 31, 2010 and we are getting married on Put-in-Bay Island (Ohio). We picked out a gangster theme for the wedding with black, white and red colors. The hardest part of all the planning so far has been finding vendors that will travel over on the boats to the island. Ultimately I have to pay extra and call and talk to vendors 2 hours away from our town. Every few weeks we have to take road trips to visit vendors. In the end all will have been worth the sweat and time. Happy planning to all.....

SunnySanrio Posts : 70 Registered: 8/6/09
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: kdigiamm

Hey Kd, i was just thinking about your catering situation and if you havent looked into them already Mesenburg's might be able to give you a good deal on catering. (They are in Huron). Have you decided on a venue on the island yet? I love the colors you picked out! Give me some details, girl! lol

kdigiamm Posts : 21 Registered: 9/9/09
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: SunnySanrio

Hi Sunny! I think we are going with the Niagra Center (I say that and it will probably change now lol). It's beautiful and has 3 real palm trees in the front lobby, it's part of the Islander Inn. I haven't tried the catering company you mentioned but I will call and see what they have to say, it's worth the effort. We are planning an outside wedding right by the lake with Perrys Monument in the background. If it decides to rain (which I have everyone crossing their fingers so I hope it doesn't) we are going to use the lobby with the palm trees. We are still putting together centerpieces, as soon as I know I will fill you in. The wedding favors I am still bewildered with! Any suggestions would be great. It is so time consuming! Thanks for the info I will call and see what I come up with....now fill me in on your details!!!! lol

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine