Question about place cards

Online Users: 1,314 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Southwick Posts : 14 Registered: 6/9/08
Question about place cards
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 9:53 PM

I'm finishing up my place cards for my upcoming wedding and I'm curious to know if I'm supposed to do a place card for my photographers. I have two photographers and both of them will be joining us for dinner. Can anyone tell me if you are supposed to have a place card for your vendors?

Thank you!!

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Re: Question about place cards
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 11:03 PM Go to message in response to: Southwick

It depends on how you're using the place cards. For ours, our place cards determined what meal you were getting. Blue=Chicken, Brown=Pork.... so we made place cards for our DJ and photographers because we included a meal for them. Then the servers knew what they wanted and there was a meal accounted for them. If you're just using them to assign seats I wouldn't think would need to unless you plan on seating your photographers or other vendors who you are providing a meal for.

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 8:49 AM Go to message in response to: Southwick

Dear Southwick,

If your photographers are joining you for dinner, alongside the other guests, how else would they know where they are supposed to sit?

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: Southwick

If they are sitting with the guests, do the place-cards so that they'll know where to sit and the servers will know what to serve them. If they're sitting somewhere by themselves, they probably don't need place cards. Just let them know where to sit, when to eat, and how to go about ordering their meal if they need to.

My photographer and assistant ate dinner at the same time as us, but in a different room. I made sure they knew where and when they would be eating and made sure the staff knew to take care of them. They did not need place cards because it was just the two of them eating in a different room. I figured that the servers could figure out which of the two vendor meals went to each of them.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

TheCalyx Posts : 9 Registered: 9/3/09
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: Southwick

I think that the practical thing to do is make place cards for them. The last thing you want them to do is wonder around, looking for a place to sit, think that you forgot to include them, or pester you during the wedding about where to sit.

Better safe than sorry.

www.PinkCalyx.com

Jewelry for the Modern Bride & Bridesmaids: 

http://pinkcalyx.com/michellecolleen.aspx?page=4

Southwick Posts : 14 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: Southwick

Awesome!! Thanks everyone. I figured I would need to make place cards for them but honestly wasn't sure. Now I know!! :-)

Happy wedding planning!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine