New To Forum....

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

cjb0290 Posts : 5 Registered: 3/22/09
New To Forum....
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 2:03 AM

Hey everybody! I'm new to the forum and have been engaged since March 2009! We will be getting married in April 2010 which seems far away but is approaching faster than I expected! I met my fiance via myspace a little over a year ago (I know it sounds horrible to have met online but I'll never regret the day I decided to talk to him :D ) and we have been inseparable ever since! We just recently celebrated our 1 year anniversary (of dating that is) and now we're eagerly awaiting our wedding! The wedding planning has been kind of slow so if anyone has suggestions on anything.... pls feel free to give advice! Thanks! :D

(also .... I tried to make a signature with my countdown for the wedding but am unsure if I did it right... so if there is a random URL on the bottom of the post.... thats my bad... lol)

When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

Edited by: cjb0290 on Sep 3, 2009 2:03 AM

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Re: New To Forum....
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: cjb0290

Congrats cjb! I know the "meeting people online" thing doesnt always work but I actually have a friend who met his now wife that way and now they have a newborn baby girl and they are super happy :) How is wedding planning slow? Just not getting ideas at all? Or not finding what you want? What have you gotten planned so far?

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

CJB--having met my now hubby online as well, I feel funny telling family we met online! I don't get why, I happily tell friends and even strangers! LOL Strange I know, but I kinda think you might feel the same, at least that's what I got out of your post. If we hadn't met and got married then our best friends wouldn't have gotten together either! LOL Congratulations!!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Thank you MrsS and Carebearny! As far as the wedding planning is going .... it just seems like theres so much to do and so little time, and we havent really spent that much time doing wedding stuff so that frustrates me a little .... I'm afraid we're going to be rushing to get things together. So far we have our venue (for ceremony and reception) booked, we've pretty much finalized our guest list (if thats even possible) and have picked out colors! thats about it! I have a hard time because there are so many things I like and want to do but am just having a hard time knowing where to start. All of our parents are very involved and have really been helping us out so thats good, but it still seems overwhelming at times! Maybe we're on the right track and I'm just not realizing it... I don't know.... lol.

And as far as the meeting online.... that is hard to admit to people because I don't want my relationship to be judged because of it. When we first started talking I was very hesitant but now I'm extremely happy that I gave him the chance (he found me online lol). Our family knows us so its not too hard to talk to them about the way we met ... its telling people that I hardly know (like at work) thats hard. I know that nobody has to know but if ur asked "oh how did u meet?" what r u supposed to say?!? lol. I'm starting to feel better about it though after learning that I'm definitely not the only one who truely found love online! :D

When is my wedding

Edited by: cjb0290 on Sep 3, 2009 7:23 PM

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: cjb0290

Welcome to the forum! I think you will find a lot of support here and really great advice. I just got married in June and I met my new husband online too. :)

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 7:28 AM Go to message in response to: cjb0290

Welcome and congrats!

As far as the wedding planning goes, it sounds like you're in good shape. It might seem like April is around the corner, but you really have plenty of time. Just to give you a little perspective, I got married in April 08. In Sept 07 (so, just about where you are now), all I had done was booked the church and ordered my dress. Just so you don't feel behind, this is when I did most of the bigger things:

Got engaged: May 07
Ordered dress: Aug 07
Booked church: Sept 07
Booked venue/caterer: Oct 07
Ordered BM dresses: Nov 07
Ordered invitations: Jan 08
Booked florist: Jan 08
Booked bakery: Feb 08
Booked photographer: Feb 08

You're ahead of me, and I had plenty of time to get stuff done...and I have a pretty busy life outside of wedding stuff. So you'll be fine.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: cjb0290

cjb - Congrats on your engagement! You should probably look into booking your photographer & DJ/band since those tend to book up quickly.

Happy planning!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

I agree with SpideyBridey--You've got the venue and all--now it's time for DJ/Band, photographer/videographer, and florist perhaps! Those are usually the "big ticket" stuff (other than your dress and rings!) and best to just get it out of the way! Then you'll know how much you can spend on other stuff! You can start browsing invitations and things but I doubt you'll need to order them just yet (check with the people you're purchasing them from). I used Invitations by dawn, but start "requesting" catalogs from places and have fun looking!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 12:55 AM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Forgot to mention that! We have our photographer (my cousin is a photographer and wanted to do my wedding) so thats taken care of! But we have not even started looking for a DJ/Band yet. We've kind of started looking at bakeries and wedding shops here in town for things like the invitations, but nothing is really set in stone.... so I guess so far so good! Also... if you had to have alterations to your dress.... how long did that take? How early (in your opinion) should I purchase my wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses? :D

When is my wedding

Edited by: cjb0290 on Sep 5, 2009 12:57 AM

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 12:16 AM Go to message in response to: cjb0290

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: cjb0290

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4908 is just $339.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine