What got you motivated?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,114

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Re: What got you motivated?
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Tanis!! You look PHENOMENAL!!!! Holy freakin cow!! Amazing, you look amazing!! I'm sooo glad you posted pics! And did I miss part of your story? What happened when you met your husband? I know I got fat and happy, but I'll take it over skinny and miserable any day! Again, you look fabulous!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P  -  People Offended by Offended People

Sunshine80 Posts : 136 Registered: 8/8/08
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Hey Girls!!

Tanis- Happy BOTH anniversaries!! You look amazing, I am glad that you posted pics too!! Seriously girl, your body looks great. GOOD WORK!!

Kens- I am sorry about your dress hun, but just keep trying different things until you are happy. It's worth it, this is important. Also, as for your period, I hear you...at first I thought I'd be starting mine on our wedding day too (which is also your wedding day!!) but as of right now, it looks like I will start the week after. I am waiting for mine right now, so when I get it, that will clue me in to when next month's is coming. Either way, you'll be so happy that day that you won't care!! I hope the pill works for you, if that's what you plan to try.

FMS- so so close hun!!! Keep your head up and try to keep your sanity! You're doing a great job and everything will be perfect. They won't be able to HELP but make you look totally gorgeous, because you already are!

Smith2011- welcome!! good luck on your journey!!

As for me ladies, I realized that these past few months I have only come on to post when I am down or upset and need support, not during all of the other times when things are going amazingly, which is almost all of the time! So I am here to post a happy, psyched post! I had my second dress fitting last Thursday, and it was GREAT!!! As my last post mentioned, I was nervous in case I had possibly not been as careful as I should have since first fitting when I was the full 31 pounds down. Anyway, the fitting was wonderful, and the dress was perfect!!!! So it turned out I hadn't gained and had nothing to worry about. It looked amazing and totally made for my body. The alterations they had done had worked perfectly; I was just thrilled and relieved. I have been eating better since then, too. Anyway the dress was deemed perfect on me now by the seamstress, so they aren't doing any more alterations except adding two more buttons to the bustle, which won't change the fit at all. So my dress is done!!!! My mom and I are picking it up on the Wednesday before the wedding. Anyway my Mom had her first dress fitting after my fitting, and her dress is gorgeous too! She has lost a bunch of weight for the wedding and is feeling really happy about it. She looks gorgeous in her dress.

Anyway, that was last Thursday, and then last Friday my sister and I and 9 of my girlfriends (11 of us total) went to Fire Island for my bachelorette weekend!!! Ladies, my bachelorette weekend was honestly more amazing than I ever could have expected or dreamed. 3 days of beaching, partying, drinking, laughing, dancing, girl bonding, games, and being hit on by cute boys in bars (not that I need that but it doesn't hurt!!). I will post some pics as soon as I get them. I LOOOOOOVED it!!! I have been daydreaming about it ever since, seriously it was one of the very best weekends of my life and without a doubt the best girl bonding I've ever had. My girls did so much to make it special for me, and we all just had such a blast. It was a real vacation. Some of my friends even flew in for it from other states, which meant so much to me. I met a very tall, very cute guy who basically spent an entire night telling me why I should be marrying him instead :) AS IF, but hey, it's nice for the ego. I told FH about it and he was like "Hey, I can't blame him, but I wouldn't mind finding him and putting him in his place" hehehehe.

Anyway, things with FH are just so amazing right now. We're definitely way into that wedding giddiness, and are both so happy and excited. Our guy friends took him out for a bachelor party on the Friday night that I was gone for my bachelorette weekend, and they had a ball....beer, barbeque, and a cool bar that has all these old vintage 80's arcade games. So we both had such a blast with our friends and everything was totally above bar!

Well that's me girls....I will admit that now that we are under the 1 month mark I am feeling like Wow, so many details still!!! But that's how it is. We are in a good place with everything and are mostly done, now it's just tying up loose ends. We even made a plan for our pre-honeymoon honeymoon! We're calling it the "minimoon".

I'll be back again soon girls, with pics of the bachelorette party!! Hope everyone is great!!

BrittH Posts : 2 Registered: 8/25/09
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I am in the same situation you are in. I work all day 8-5 and then go to graduate school from 5-9 every day! It is so hard to fit work outs in when you live such a hectic life. I want to drop about 20 pounds in the next year. I find that if I pack my gym bag and put it in my car before I leave in the morning, I will definatly get a work out in on my lunch break. I also told all of my co-workers about my goals, so they encourage me to work out at lunch, instead of going out to eat with them. I also signed up for a boot camp style class the meets 3 times a week at 6 a.m. Having already paid the money for it I feel I have to get out of bed at 5:30 a.m when my alarm goes off!

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: BrittH

Thanks Ladies! Kens you totally made my morning and Sun you totally made my evening (that was yesterday or the day before, but life is busy). Its feels good to look like someone who works out. I've had occasions where I have been talking to someone about working out and they look at me like they don't believe me. That just doesn't feel good. Today was the 6th day in a row that I have worked out. Tomorrow will be seven and then I am taking the weekend off. I am in another BL on the "Overweight but Inspired" thread and this time I am against MsD for points. She's small but she's mighty.

Sun don't forget to post some pics of your dress as we haven't seen you in it yet. I do remember the dress though as it is very distinct and will look stunning on you.

Kens you are being way too hard on yourself. You look beautiful in your dress. I am sure you will get the right tightness vs the spillage figured out.

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Hi Ladies!!

Just a quick check in to say hello and to post some exciting news....I just weighed in, and I am still at my lowest weight that I was for my first gown fitting, which was my original goal weight....down 31 pounds total!!! I haven't been weighing in as regularly since I met my goal, so this is great news. I hit my goal of losing 30 pounds for the wedding, and this means I have maintained that for the past month and a half, which for me is a big deal because maintenance has always been my greatest challenge. I was so psyched when I achieved my goal, but it was still 2 months before my wedding, and it was SUMMER, i.e. party season, so I was nervous about maintaining. But I have! I had my second gown fitting and everything was perfect, and I don't really plan on losing more weight having met my goal (although I wouldn't mind another few pounds!!) so I know the dress will be perfect day-of as long as I maintain this point, which I have now proved I can do. So I am feeling really happy and proud of myself about that. With the exception of one night this past weekend, I have made really good food choices (even weekend before last at my bachelorette weekend!!) and have done plenty of low impact good exercise- lots of brisk outdoor walking, along with some weights and yoga. This works for me. Yesterday I did two separate hour-long walks during my work day (I make my own schedule, which helps) and then also did plenty of running around for errands, and today I did an hour long yoga class first thing in the morning followed by 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical machine. I am stepping up the exercise a bit these days but not so much that it kicks my hunger into overdrive and causes me to eat more (which does happen to plenty of people, resulting in the "why am I working out so hard and not losing weight" problem), I am just feeling really good and taking care of myself with healthy food and exercise and just being active. Now my goal (pre AND post wedding) is to tighten and firm up more in the areas where I have lost weight...right now everything is pretty toned except my abs could use some help, so as much as I don't like it, it looks like it's time to get back into the Pilates!!

Love you girls....and September Brides, we are almost there!! Hope all is going well with prep FMS, and Kens, what's the current status on your dress?

JaSuSe Posts : 1 Registered: 8/20/09
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Dear brides to be,
my name is Jessica and i'm getting married in four months, i have never had a friend who got married and i was young when my sister did so basically i have no experience of what to expect and what to do. this has been making me feel weirdly bad, so alone as well specially that i'm struggling with my weight and due to me being really nervous i eat like a PIG so i'm gaining emotional weight instead of losing it! the problem is that my fiance lives in Canada so he's not here to see me and take me out therefore i feel like i let myself go, plus i'm really sad about leaving my family after marriage.
please motivate i cry myself to sleep everynight i need help and i figured i'd try talking to brides to be going through the same. thanks for your time,
Love,
Jessica

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: JaSuSe

I am just popping in very quickly because I remembered it is HAPPY WEDDING DAY SAMANTHA! I hope you have a great happy, stress free day. I'll be back for chit chat later.

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 6:56 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

HELLOOOOOO LADIESSSSS!!!!! Just popping in quickly to say hello and to wish everyone luck in the upcoming days!! Sun, I think we're next! Holy cow! As for the dress, I stopped worrying over it. I'm sure it'll be beautiful! Where are pics of your dress?? Anyone who wants to see pics of FMS' day can go over to the thread September 2009 Brides and see some there. She looked AMAZING!!!!

Toodles for now! Gotta go print off place cards now.....boo.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 2:03 AM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

SUN!!! SAT!!!!!

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Hey ladies!

So Sun and Kens... this Saturday! I sincerely hope life is treating you both well and that you are prepared for Saturday!

Sam, I wanna see photos =) and I'm glad you got my email!

I can't wait to hear about all of your days!

I'm doing well... still can't get over the 6' wall so that's on hold for now. New semester started (I think I mentioned that) and so I'm back at school full time (4 classes, 12 units) and working full time. My half marathon is coming up in October and I wish I was better prepared.

Tanis, you look amazing! and happy belated birthday lady!!!

Muffin, I hope your nephew did in fact get back to you safe and sound and I hope even more that his transition is moving swiftly and smoothly.

So, I know I said I was coming back and didn't really... I'll be honest, I wasn't ready to face the weight loss part. I missed you ladies so much but facing you meant facing the weight aspect too and I was trying to avoid it. I took a lot of time off over summer from watching what I ate and wasn't feeling great about it. But, I faced the scale last week and I only gained 5 pounds total so now I'm motivated again and ready to get going. It helps to be back in my routine of work and school so now I'm back in my comfort zone and not just sitting on the couch doing nothing. Anyways, enough about me... You ladies have weddings to talk and tell us about!

Also, when I have a minute (that isn't right now because I am in class!) I am going to private message those of you that don't have my email address. Mainly because I know that post-wedding your visits to brides.com may not be as frequent and I don't wanna lose touch with you wonderful ladies!!!

So, for now... it's time to listen to the teacher lecture (yawn).

Hope you are all having a great week!!!

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

While the rest of you post wedding photos (hint hint!!! lol) I'm going to post before and now photos to remind me of where I've come from and where I still want to go... this is my way of recommitting I guess =)

Las Vegas June 2008:

Photobucket

Las Vegas July 2009

Photobucket

June 2008:

Photobucket

July 2009:

Photobucket

well... there ya go =)

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Hey Ash! Look at you girl. you look great. You know that saying "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?" Looke liek you left some weight there. I am glad you've come back to us. Now where is everyone else. Oh yes that thing that brought us here in the first place - weddings. Good luck to everyone this weekend!

As for that wall I am trying to think of exercises to help, other than just wall climbing. Pull ups, assisted or otherwise are obvious. I would also work on lower body flexibility. The quicker and easier you can get your leg up on the wall the easier it will be to pull yourself up.

I am working on a new goal - one legged squats. I am using the smith machine to help with balance and getting up. Holy crap. The first time I tried them my legs hurt for two days. It could be a long process.

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

HI LADIES!!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's my wedding day! And yours too Kens!! And I can't believe, considering that fact, that I have time to come on here! I have been gratned some rare alone time this morning so I'm a little bored actually :) Anyway, just wanted to pop on and say hi and give a mini update. In the end, I wound up losing about another 5 pounds I believe from my lowest weight (I haven't weighed in for a week but I felt my weight really go down this week leading up to the wedding, and I am guaging based on my skinniest skinny pants which fit great at my previous lowest weight last week and are now loose). So that's awesome! I skipped weighing in this week only because I have been at my parents' house for the wedding since last weekend, and I don't have a scale here (also, because that's the last place my attention should be right now!) . So everything is all set to go, the rehearsal dinner was fabulous last night and it has been SO MUCH FUN having everyone around. For the rehearsal dinner, I wore a very slinky white satin one shoulder dress that had a black lace-type pattern all over it- size 10. I am officially a size 10 now in clothing, and for being over 6 feet tall, that's as small as I ever planned on getting, so I am thrilled! I will come on after the honeymoon and let you guys know how it went! Kens, I am thinking of you today girl! Good luck!!

P.S. The reason I never posted pics of me in my dress is that we never took any! I know that's crazy, but my family isn't very camera-handy. None of us really have them. So, you'll have to wait for when I can post pics of the event itself, but I promise I will!

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Sun and Kens.. I am so excited for you two I can't even explain it. Congratulations because by tonight, you will both be MARRIED WOMEN!!! I sincerely hope that your day goes well and I know that we all can't wait to hear about it and see photos.

Love to you both, hope you have a wonderful day!

Ash

Aprill56 Posts : 6 Registered: 9/19/09
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: marty08

Never heard of that one.

What got me motivated is when I finally started to lose inches and pounds. I came across It Works Body Wraps and from day one I lost 3 inches. In 4 wraps I went down 2 sizes. Best of all the wraps are all natural and they help you detox. I love that!! Plus, I started using Its Regular to help me cleanse out the bad toxins I had.

So far doing great! Havent gained a single inch back.

Here's the link if you want to try one... Its one for $25 or a box of 4 wraps for $49..
www.californiawraps.itworks.net

April~ It Works Distributor

Lose Inches in 45 Minutes! Immediate & Long lasting Results

Featured at the Emmy's & Grammy's

http://57946.itworks.net/amazing-products.aspx

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine