October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,261 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1,708

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDeLouis

wesafe is a website that my friend used for her wedding insurance. its a pretty good resource for finding info, and they can give you a basic quote right online without any personal info too!

The insurance is for LOTS of things...not just bad weather for an outdoor ceremony. it covers vendors that take your money and then run. it covers personal liability in case someone gets hurt and the venue doest cover it, etc.

I am probably going to get it. Its less than $500 for peace of mind that noone can sue me! lol

Cheetah- yes, i booked my florist. Sharon Elizabeth out of Berlin. I booked her back in the early summer. But, she is just doing bouqets for me, so she is still available to other brides that day. So, you might be able to find a florsit like that too.

I have not done bridesmaid dresses yet. I have looked at several, and have one in mind that i really like, but have not ordered them yet. I am going to take my bridesmaids shopping around november to see what they like, and that way they might start to come out with the new 2010 lines to choose from too. In January every year the new designs come out but you still have some time to order the dresses that they are retiring. So, I am hoping to take advantage of that so I have more options. Besides, I dont think you really need to order them until likr 4-6 months prior to the wedding. so, you have time.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 7:39 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

Thanks for the insurance info Toast :)

One of my bridesmaids I told her we can all order our dresses around March and said that's too early! I don't think it is. I hope she doesn't wait until the last minute.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

ExtremeLittleSp... Posts : 5 Registered: 8/16/09
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I think I am going to do a candy buffet actually! I think they are incredibly cute! Its a great idea to make that your favor!! I never would have thought of that!

Anyone know any good websites to get used dresses? I am going to try to find it used before shelling out all that money!
No second dress for the reception here though. My mother and father think highly of the tradition that my husband take off the my wedding dress.

Soon2BMrsCollins Posts : 54 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: ExtremeLittleSp...

I used preownedweddingdress.com
Visit Our Wedding Website: www.tiffaniandreco.com

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I wouldn't want to order bridesmaids dresses too early. I think they only take 4-6 weeks to come in (6-8 tops). If you order too early you run the risk of the girls gaining or losing weight and not fitting in their dresses. With the stress of the wedding loosing and gaining weight is a good possibility!Plus your just going to have a dress sitting around for several months.

My friend ordered her bridesmaid dress 6 months before the wedding. Well while it was sitting around for so long her cat got a hold of it (we still don't know how... it was hidden away very well) and she didnt realize until 3-4 weeks before the wedding. talk about the panic of trying to order a new dress at such last minute!!

MrsStanard2Be Posts : 4 Registered: 11/30/06
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

Hi everyone! I'm new here. My fiance and I got engaged last March. After reading what everyone else has done, I feel so far behind. Our date is 10/03/10 and we just put the deposit down on our venue yesterday. That's it! That's all we have done so far.

We have a bridal show that we are attending in Nov., but I think next I'm going to start interviewing Day-of Coordinators and photographers. I want to get our engagement photos done soon too.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/y2m4rw29l.png[/img]
[/url]

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: MrsStanard2Be

cheetah- just ask your bridal shop how long they typically take to come in, and when is the best time to order them. also inquire about how long it takes to get alterations.

just keep in mind....YOU are the one who tells them when they need to order the dresses. Your the one who makes the decisions with that, so if you want to order them 6 months ahead, then tell them thats when they need to order them. And, if they are trying to loose weight, then make sure they get a dress that fits them NOW, and then it can get altered later. They can usually take in a dress 4 sizes without a problem.

Hemlock Posts : 28 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Heya! I'm not a triple 10 like many of you, my date is 10-23-10, the weekend before Halloween. I'm having a Trick-or-treat wedding complete with costumes and candy. THis aids with the many goths and cyber-punks that will be attending while not freaking out the southern baptist conservatives in my and the FH's families.

My main issue is, is it too soon for looking for dresses, bartenders, event areas, etc?
We already know what we want and our honeymoon, but with the date over a year away I feel like i'm acting too soon.

NL2010 Posts : 108 Registered: 6/27/09
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: Hemlock

Hi Hemlock! I think that it's never too early to start planning!! I love the idea of any halloween- type wedding.

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: NL2010

hemlock- its never too early to start to plan! we got engaged last summer, and have had our venue booked ever since! I also got my dress LAST january! so, i have already had it for 8 months, and will have it for a total of 21 months by the time the wedding finally comes around!

Its a lot less stressful to plan earlier, and you also have more options with vendors. Booking them further in advance, your chance of them being available is greater, and therefore you have a better pic of people.

we still have 13 months to go before our wedding, but we have all the vendors booked!

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Toast - When did you got engaged? You mentioned last summer. I got engaged July 28, 2008

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

we got engaged on June 1st....our 5 year anniversary!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: Hemlock

Hemlock your wedding sounds like a lot of fun! It's never too early too plan. If you know you want a certain date then grab it asap. Go look at venues and book the one you want. I got engaged on Christmas of 2008 and we had our venue booked by Febuary for 2009. We booked the photographer and DJ next to make sure we got the ones we wanted. After that it's been slow. I got my dress 2 months ago. So it's never too late.

Good point ladies about buying the bridesmaids dresses too early. That sucks about her cat, wow lol. I would have been soooo mad. I think what I may do is have the girls look at some styles, try them on, and then I will tell them the exact color I want. Then I will have them buy their dresses on their own time (I think I may have them wear different styles). We'll see.

Ladies our weddings are almost only a year away!! How exciting is that?! :-D

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

FutureMrsCerrone Posts : 5 Registered: 5/23/09
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 10:56 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Hello Fellow October 2010 Brides

Our date is October 2, 2010. I know, it will be here before you know it

My current dilemma is that we just booked our venue - Martell's Waters Edge in Bayville, NJ. Well it's on the Barnegat Bay, so it's sort of "beachy", but I'm just wondering how it will be decorated come October, since technically it will be Autumn.

My fiance and I are going there for dinner in October, so I can check out the decor then.

But my dilemma is .....what does anyone think a good wedding theme is besides "Autumn". I have been googling "Autumn Beach Wedding" and I'm not getting any good results. Honestly, I do not want "Autumn" as my theme, because this is my second wedding and my first was in october and an autumn theme!

So I am up for any suggestions anyone may have !!!!

Thanks !

• Sheri

NL2010 Posts : 108 Registered: 6/27/09
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsCerrone

You don't have to have an actual "theme" for your wedding, you could just use a color scheme and use that for your decor, flowers, cake, etc. I was going to do the full autumn theme with pumpkins and leaves but I really love the idea of a black and white color scheme and the two just don't go together. So my theme is just my colors.

What colors are in the room? You could use ivory, champagne and navy. Those are beachy colors to me but still warmer colors for October. You could do whites and cream colors with gold accents. You could do ivory, champagne and mocha. If you wanted something to tie together all of your personalized items like matches and napkins you could use your monogram. That's always elegant.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine