song to walk down the aisle to...

Online Users: 1,276 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

NovemberBride09 Posts : 12 Registered: 3/17/09
song to walk down the aisle to...
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 11:44 PM

I need some opinions~ I'm thinking about walking down the aisle to Dream by Priscilla Ahn. Is is weird that I'm picking a song with words, all of the weddings I have been too have just had instrumental songs.

Here's a link to the song if you havent heard it:

http://www.priscillaahn.com/main.htm

Its the 2nd song on the site~ let me know what you think please...Thanks!!! =)

YoungGirl Posts : 10 Registered: 4/22/09
Re: song to walk down the aisle to...
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 12:24 AM Go to message in response to: NovemberBride09

I don't think there's anything wrong with walking down the aisle to a song with words... personaly i believe it's your choice as to what you want.I've known people walking down the aisle to a range of different music such as string quartets, michael buble cds, robbie williams songs, wind quintets, pipe organs etc... i'm hoping to have my friends who are in an acapella male group sing at my wedding as i walk down the aisle. I believe it's a personal choice. Just choose a song, or a piece that means something to you. The only thing to be mindful of is the length of the song because you don't want to b waiting at the alter for the song to finish playing.
Hope that helps :)

Cassandra85 Posts : 31 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: YoungGirl

We have 4 songs picked out for our wedding and they all have words in it. We have one song that has no words but it is during the ceremony. As far as the length goes, we still need to be figuring out how much time we need and we have someone who will be controlling the music so he will just gradually turn it down. Hope this helps.

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 10:54 AM Go to message in response to: YoungGirl

Oh look, your wedding day is exactly a year after mine, how exciting to talk to another "Thanksgiving Bride". :) I think the acapella singing as you walk down the aisle sounds really pretty! Well thank you both for your advice. I really love this song & get goosebumps every time I hear it. I was thinking about the length of the song as well. Its about 3 mins & 30 seconds long & I was planning on getting my DJ to cut out the 3rd verse which would cut off about 40 seconds. I actually have a long walk down this pathway before I even get to the aisle so depending on the pace we walk I think & I'm hoping it will end right after I get up to the alter or atleast within 30 seconds. I need to go time it out though to make sure. :)

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: NovemberBride09

if you love the song but don't want words, your band can play an instrumental version of it. or if you are having a dj, i'm sure they can find one for you. some of the songs michael is thinking of are actually rap songs, but they have amazing instrumentals to them. you can google the songs and hear it. his mother heard the songs he was thinking of and almost fainted, but when he played her the instrumentals, she loved it.
each person in the wedding party is walking down to their own music, i've been thinking about walking down to the Golden Girls sound track!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: EWF

Well I love the words except for the 3rd verse doesn't really fit so I thought that would be a good place to shorten the song. I agree though, there are a lot of good songs out there that if you take the words out they are just beautiful songs!

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: NovemberBride09

We chose to go with the instrumental version of journey's when you love a woman, my mom played it. It's a pretty song, plus, we both know the words and it has special significance to us. Don't know if or who of our guests knew what the song was, but we figured we'd pick what had meaning to us and were very happy with the decision.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine