October 2009 brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 506

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Re: October 2009 brides
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: mouserrano

I'm having both families at my shower... FH has a really small extended family, so his mom and aunt are the only females (obviously not enough people for a shower) so they're invited to the shower my aunt is throwing me. It'll be the first time our moms have met, so I'm a little nervous!

My wedding is the week before yours, and I'm not sending my invites out for another week. So you should be fine. I think it's supposed to be 6-8 weeks before.... I could be wrong though.

38.jpg picture by JeWareGT

mouserrano Posts : 25 Registered: 10/7/08
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

Oh, wow! This is the first time our moms will meet, also. You have really put my mind at ease that I am not the only one. Thanks.

halloweenexcite... Posts : 95 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: mouserrano

Your fine on waiting to send yours out. I sent mine out early for 1 mine is 2 weeks before yours and ALL of FH's family is out of state so I decided to just send everything at same time.

Since his family is out of state it will be the first time our parents meet too. Very nervous about that his parents are early 50's and mine are 70 so they have a lot of different views and mine are very laid back. Should be interesting though, they have to meet sometime.

Photobucket

This will be the day we start are lives as one!

Fran

WineLover Posts : 4 Registered: 4/8/09
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: halloweenexcite...

I cannot believe how quickly October is approaching! I wish I could just have the time off from work until the wedding so I could take time to enjoy every minute of it, because it's going to be over before I know it!

We sent our invites out last week and it's been fun hearing from friends and family who have received theirs - except for my cousin who received an invite without the actual insert in it with all of the information! So she just received a fancy cover with a picture of my and the fiance and an RSVP card. I was pretty embarrassed - darn those bridesmaids and the assembly line we had putting the invites together. Anyway, hopefully everyone else's invites are normal! :) We also had a problem because my mother kept inviting her relatives (the problem with a big Polish family...there's so many of us!) so we ran out of invitations and have at least eight more to send out.

It seems like all of the big stuff is taken care of. I'm still waiting for the bridesmaids dresses to come in. I found out that one of the bridesmaids was pregnant the date that the dress order was due so that was pretty stressful. Hopefully they come in soon - we're all anxious to see them.

My big stress this week has been that my future in-laws decided that they were no longer going to give us the $3K they had promised to give us (since they had given my fiance's sister that amount to go towards her wedding two years ago). Instead they're going to buy us a bigger gift or something?! I understand that they don't have to help us out and I know I'm being selfish but you can't tell someone you're going to give them a few thousand dollars to go towards the wedding and then change your mind about it SIX WEEKS before the wedding!! So now we have to figure out how we're going to come up with that money. We're paying for the bulk of the wedding so that money would defintely have helped out. The frustrating part is that they're in no way hurting for money, so I don't really understand why they decided to do that. Plus I don't understand how they can give that amount of money to one child and not give money to the other child. It's upsetting because I know my fiance's pretty hurt about the whole thing. And it's also hard because my parents are so thrilled about the wedding and they are putting so much time and money and support into it and I wish his parents were even slightly like that.

Wow - sorry for the novel, everyone! I guess I had a lot of venting to do. Hopefully everyone else's plans are going seamlessly! :)

Edited by: WineLover on Aug 25, 2009 5:20 PM

KaylaMarriedBrett Posts : 146 Registered: 3/12/08
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: WineLover

Winelover,

I know how you feel about the money situation with the future in laws. My future in laws are spending as much on our wedding as they did for my FH's brother's wedding that was last year. We are no where near to spending the amount they are giving us and my FH is flipping out about not wanting to use any more of it so we can use it towards stuff for our house, which i'm all for!! But the thing is, his mother keeps spending THAT money on wedding junk that we don't need or want without asking us if it's ok if we do this or that. She doesn't get that we want to spend as little as possible on this wedding, not from just what they are funding, but just OVERALL! But she wants to keep spending spending spending. I'm very blessed to have the money there, don't get me wrong.
So now i'm to the point when she says we should do this and this instead of what you want, meaning me, i'm over it and bascially it's her wedding anymore.

When is my wedding

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

http://brettandkayla.ourweddingday.com

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: halloweenexcite...

Went and did the food tasting for the reception, was sooo good. Hard to choose. Was expecting small pieces to taste, was more like full dinner! Have leftovers for tomorrow. This weekend friend is coming over to decide on what kind of set-up we want and flavors. Having a blast.

Time is flying by so fast.

I can relate to all who are tight on money, we are paying for our wedding. My parents are retired and it wasn't planned when they did so they can't help out as much as they would like. His parents helped a little, but we are still very tight on everything. That is the biggest stress.

Although we did find out this week (we met at work and work in same department),we thought one of us might have to quit once we got married, but found out that since we are in different reporting structures that we can both stay in the department after the wedding. This was a huge relief for us, especially with this economy. We work for National City which is currently going through the switch to PNC and many of the departments around us are going to be sent elsewhere.

Photobucket

Fran

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 10:12 AM Go to message in response to: halloweenexcite...

Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone's planning is going well! October is steadily approaching...it's gone by so fast!

I am getting so stressed out with my planning. Our original photographer bailed out a couple of months ago so we had to ask another one of our friends to do it (we know a lot of photographers since we do photography ourselves). We wont be meeting with him till the beginning of September. Our officiant still wont give me a straight answer as to when we can meet with him. We still haven't met with our DJ yet. Our original caterer decided to tell me about a month ago that they didn't want to do our wedding because there are going to be some people there who are vegan/vegetarian (including FH and I) and because there are going to be a couple of people there with food allergies. We had told them all that stuff when we had the meeting with them.

I still have to order the favours and pick out the table linens. I feel like I am going out of my mind. I am mostly frustrated with the officiant because he is the one not giving me a hard time. I feel bad for FH because all I have been doing is taking my stress and anger out on him. I feel like I am going insane :(

wedding count down

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 11:41 PM Go to message in response to: TattooedStarlit

I have had stress lately and am having trouble sleeping. it seems i wake at 4 a.m. everyday thinking of what else i need to do. Luckily, and i am sure you have the support from your love, everyday my big man puts me at ease and makes me feel so much better. when i get stressed i really do think of how this will all be over soon and it will be beautiful. if there are any little details that are not perfected, i will probably be the only one to know. the family and friends we both have are just wanting to be together at such a joyous occasion. i too am a vegetarian, it is important to have vegetarian dishes(1 other guest is a vegetarian). You will find someone who is going to make your menu perfect for you.
I keep thinking about someone telling me "everything will work out in the end." I believe that. Let's remember, in the end we will all be married to the one we love, surrounded by family and friends.
Sending positive thoughts your way...

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: mouserrano

It's funny, I'm stressed out about not being stressed out! We've been engaged for a year and 2 months, and I did a majority of the planning very early on, then took a total wedding hiatus during my last semester in college, and then for a month after that for my BFF's wedding. So now, I feel like I should be stressed since I have done basically nothing for the wedding in 6 months, but I'm not. Which makes me think I'm forgetting things. I know I have all my major vendors taken care of, and I've finished a lot of small details, but I have this nagging feeling I'm forgetting something. Gahh!!

In other news, my mom and I picked up my wedding dress from the seamstress last night, and now it is safely hanging from the ceiling in my old bedroom at my mom's house! I also dropped the invitations off at the post office this morning!!!

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

Happy September! We're all getting married NEXT MONTH!!!

Toni9203 Posts : 16 Registered: 3/8/09
Posted: Sep 1, 2009 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

i'm not so stressed about the wedding have the pretty much under control just have to make the favors / and kids favors , go on thursday to have my first fitting, and need to apply for the marrage licence , but my family on the other hand is stressing me out big time , they all think they can do whatever they want, and make a simple task (like picking up a pair of shoes) into a week long big production to make everyone feel sorry for them , i really just can't wait till its over

Rachel426 Posts : 47 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

It's been awhile since I have been on...we have been super busy! In the midst of planning we bought a house!! Just wondering how everyone else's planning is going??
I carry your heart with me; I carry it in my heart
I am never without it~E.E. Cummings

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: Rachel426

I am feling soooo overwelmed right now. It just hit all of a sudden. Between school, work and the wedding, I think my head is going to spin. My shower is next week and it will be the first time our parents meet. Very nervous about that! Sent out the invites on the 17th and maybe got back a dozen out of 50! Stressed about why they are not sending back! Although my friend was over this past week to help decide what to do with the cake. She is making it as her wedding gift, so that is a relief! But a friend who was supposed to set-up reception and her daughter was going to be in the wedding, I have tried to get a hold of her many times to dicuss things and can't get her. She says her daughter is still going to be in but we haven't discussed what she is wearing or rehearsal or anything! I don't know what to do! I am going crazy, babbling on too. Is anyone else feeling overwhelmed? Should have convinced him to elope to the carribean!!!!!!

Photobucket

Fran

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 12:04 AM Go to message in response to: halloweenexcite...

I think Im getting there. My shower is Saturday. Stressing that some of my guests are not able to come after all. I know I will have a big turn out, from his side. I wish I had more support from my side. Thats the way it goes, though because I have a small family and his is large. My invites have still not gone out, I know!!!... I bought a nice Vera Wang wedding dress about 4 sizes too small back in November, luckily it fits now, but, I tend to eat junk when I stress, so I am constantly thinking it will be snug...My house is full of wedding stuff and we are having out of town guests staying over for the shower... Uh!... Trying to not spend $$$. I actually left my credit cards and cash at my office today, when I went out. I tend to buy stuff for my Matron of Honor & Maid of Honor. I can't help it... I need to start packing my bag for the Honeymoon... We still have not met our priest to get all the detais for the ceremony... Yeah I'm a little stressed. I just keep thinking of the end result. I will be promoted to Mrs. soon! Wish me luck!!!

Macaline Posts : 6 Registered: 1/9/09
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 2:04 AM Go to message in response to: mouserrano

The funny thing about all of this is... I stress out really easy and right now... I'm not feeling stress at all. Pretty much, we are down to little details. My shower is next Sunday and my Maid of Honor (who is my sister) is taking care of it all along with my future mother-in-law. I actually keep forgetting about it! I sent out my invites really early... and I'm kind of regretting it... I think we are going to have more people than expected because they made time for the event! And I haven't even heard from most of his side of the family! Making calls this week to make sure people got invited and see if they are able to attend or not. My amazing Mom has gotten all the flowers, decorations, and table arrangements planned and ready to go for us. Seriously, it's all about the nitty gritty. What songs we want played, getting the favors together, making our menu choice, all little things to me.

Good luck to all you brides... I know some of you are just a month away from wedded bliss!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine