Too dark of makeup? What do you think?

Online Users: 1,271 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Too dark of makeup? What do you think?
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 4:00 PM

Ok here is my "trial" for makeup. Since I can't afford to pay someone to do it I have to try to do this myself. I went to Sally's and picked up those fake lashes two people on here said were good.. Whispies or whatever. They feel very odd.... Will have to try again.
I picked up the lipstick or lip crayon.... Since I never wear color on my lips.. and I got a better pencil for the liner since mine never stays.

Otherwise I used the brown and highlighting shadow I already had. Now i've only put on eye makeup once before (I use eyeliner on my bottom lid every day but thats it)

So here it is... foundation i've been wearing all day so I know it looks like crap. I should have washed my face then re did it all but I didn't. I also have primer i'll be using as well..
Do you think my eyes are too dark or will it look ok??

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Re: Too dark of makeup? What do you think?
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

Question: Is your wedding at night or during the day?

If it is at night I think it looks really good but if it's during the day I think it's too dark. Also, and this may be because of the lighting or just the wrong type of base, but you look orange. Maybe tone down the base or bronzer or whatever it is you put all over your face. Overall, you look very pretty. I would definately do a few more trial runs and take pictures.

If you do more and take pictures you should write on the back of the pictures what make-up you used and how you applied it!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

It's at 3pm so middle? lol
The only other colors i've seen that actually bring out the eyes are plum and i'm not too sure about that.... I like the dark eyelashes top and bottom.... just not sure if there is a way to tone it down?

I noticed today my foundation has a wierd color to it but it matches my "new" tan color the best. I might have to look into a different make. It tends to clump in areas too. Like beside my nose apparently gets greasy and the makeup goes away from that area and clumps to where my skin is almost dry like.
:(

The black liner works wonders.. I couldn't even wash it all off :( So tonight i'll be wearing a small amount of black eyeliner on the top lid. lol i'll look like I did my makeup to go to the race track. Whoohoo

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Aug 22, 2009 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

I know this sounds stupid, but try Mary Kay foundation for your tan. I use their foundation when I'm tanning, because it sort of melts with your skintone and fades in. I get the orange look when I get darker, too.

Other than that, you look great!
My Planning Blog

LisaHorwitz Posts : 35 Registered: 8/18/08
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

I think that you are off to a good start. I agree that the makeup base seems to be an off color for you. I always recommend wearing a white or other light color top during a trial so that you can see howw the makeup will look with your gown. Your eyes look really good, especially for a first time. Lashes do take a bit to get used to. Lastly, your lipstick color does not seem to flatter your skintone, but then again it could be your new tan or the makeup base. Take the time for another trial soon and show us the new photos. Practice makes perfect!

Lisa Horwitz

WWW.Theblushingbride.com

Makeup For the Most Beautiful Day of Your Life

CoutureBride27 Posts : 130 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 5:40 AM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

Hi, my honest opinion ... your make-up looks okay, but you've got so much to work with I think you will look so much different if you tried something else. The make-up artist below does all the major celebs as well as the Kardashian family, he gives you step by step help and tips. I think it will be worth trying:

www.troyjensenonline.com

You're a very pretty girl, but the make-up doesn't do you any favours.

:)

Cherish all your happy moments:  they make a fine cushion for old age.

**Christopher Morley**

KDBelle Posts : 4 Registered: 7/22/09
Posted: Aug 30, 2009 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

congrats! I'm sure you looked great!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

Black Strapless Sweetheart Layered Drape Hi-low Prom Dress With Beads
Save up to 31% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $178.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/black-strapless-sweetheart-layered-drape-hilow-prom-dress-with-beads-p-32379.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine