Post Your Wedding Colors & Themes

Online Users: 1,275 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 67

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Re: Post Your Wedding Colors & Themes
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: deansbride

I absolutely love your cake topper! It's so funny!

Our colors are a deep purple and champagne. No theme really. I just want a beautiful colorful wedding. We're having tons of flowers all over and lots of champagne, the color and the drink!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Come see our wedding website!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 8:07 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Our colors are Sage, Pumpkin & Brick (think fall colors) Our theme is celtic. The decorations are going to be a combination of Celtic and Fall.... so the colors will be on the table, as will fall leaves. The ceiling will be decorated with lights and leaves falling down, to look like the canopy of stars from a forest floor. And we have a lot of celtic touches, like our custom Claddagh (see ticker) everywhere -- on the cake, on the aisle decorations, the program, the invites. Table names will be Scottish Clans.

Misty

Shaema Posts : 6 Registered: 8/11/09
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

We are being married on the beach and our colors are fuschia and orange with a lot of Gerbera Daisies (bridesmaids flowers, cake topper, centerpieces) and Calla Lillies (bride bouquet,

boutonnieres
).

a wedding website

Revenwyn Posts : 48 Registered: 4/26/07
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: Shaema

We're not really having a full theme, we're going with semi-medieval or Celtic. Really it's just going to be us dressed that way, and other attendants in modest apparel.

The color will either be periwinkle or forest green.

Our vows will be ancient Irish wedding vows, that they took in church a long time ago:

"By the power that Christ brought from heaven, mayst thou love me. As the sun follows its course, mayst thou follow me. As light to the eye, as bread to the hungry, as joy to the heart, May thy presence be with me, Oh one that I love, 'til death comes to part us asunder."

We're hoping to find wedding bands with both the claddagh design flanked by trinity knots, to symbolize the Power by which our marriage will hold together.

Oh and I'm making my dress:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Revenwyn/jennsdresschoice-1.jpg?t=1250204130

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoping and praying our day will come soon.

Edited by: Revenwyn on Aug 13, 2009 3:54 PM

anne11235813 Posts : 58 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: Revenwyn

Our colors were white, champagne and chocolate brown.

Here are some pics:

the restaurant:

my bouquet:

my dress:

anne11235813 Posts : 58 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: anne11235813

here is another one of the two of us: My husband has a black tux, even though our theme included dark brown. However we both thought that a black tux is much more elegant than a colored one.

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 1:15 AM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

Our theme is (don't laugh!) Sleeping Beauty! It's a very light theme though, our colors are going to be Navy Blue and Hot Pink. It also has a backstory, he is a firefighter and his nickname at the station is Bluebear, so everyone started calling me Pinkbear (now we are just "the Bears") and Sleeping Beauty is my favorite movie of all time (at the end of the movie, the fairies are fighting over her dress color - pink or blue!) and I plan on walking down the aisle to a single guitarist playing the sleeping beauty theme "I've walked with you once upon a dream", or have that as the recessional. And I know he is set on having our favors be little pink and blue gummy bears, and instead of having a full bar, we will be serving beer, wine, and signature pink and blue cocktails. Our location will be outside in his grandparents backyard, on a hill overlooking their vineyard in Sonoma County (where we live also) Not sure though, everything is still so new and its so far away! (engaged: 7/19/09, wedding date: 5/21/11)

minobotbride Posts : 37 Registered: 5/21/09
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

The actual wedding ceremony is basically a black and white theme - I'll be in my LBD, with a white veil and white flowers, and FH will be in a nice suit. No attendants.
The reception, which is 4 days later (Christmas is in between), will be blue and silver with white flowers. I'm thinking maybe something like this:

for the table centerpieces. The reception is going to be pretty casual, with all friends and family.

Someday No Goodbyes - Minobot Forever, December 23 2009

boomersbabygirl Posts : 6 Registered: 10/21/08
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

Our theme is Fire & Ice for the ceremony. Our colors are black, red, ice blue and silver. I will be making the invitations and programs myself, my aunt will be making our cakes. Our reception is going to be redneck( my fiancee's idea.). He will be wearing a zoot suit tux as well as is men will. I will be wearing a strapless white and silver dress by mori lee(2007 style).

MERRY MEET AND MERRY PART

boomer'sbabygirl

Hemlock Posts : 28 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

I'm having a Halloween wedding but as far as colors i want black, crimson, and white for the Bridal party but my FH wants to wear his very green kilt with a black poets shirt so I dunno, plus i want the decorations to be mostly hay stalks and pumkins iwht a black orange cake so my colors?
Black, White, Blood Red, Orange, Green?
I'm working on talking my FH out of the kilt and into a more black and red dracula outfit which he doesnt seem too adverse too. We'll see.

kdigiamm Posts : 21 Registered: 9/9/09
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: Hemlock

Our wedding colors are bright red, black and white. Our theme is traditional 1920 gangsters (my FH is Italian). The men are wearing zoot suits complete with fadora hats, suspenders and spectator shoes. My bridesmaids will be wearing shorter dresses (plus its summer and that helps when its hot out). I am going to try to incorporate feathers (but not to many) into their bouquets. I will also have feathers in my bouquet. We are excited about the theme and planning and hope everyone will enjoy it on our big day.

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

My wedding colors are blush and champagne. Love it! I'm going for a soft romantic feel

Daisypath Wedding tickers

JanetMichelle2010 Posts : 16 Registered: 6/7/09
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Our colors are red and orange. We are having a beach wedding in Cancun at sunset in May of 2010! Can't wait!
Confidence is intoxicating!

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 9:51 PM Go to message in response to: JanetMichelle2010

Janet - that sounds amazing! I can't wait to see pictures!

Our colors are bright pink, orange and hints of lime green. My bridesmaids are wearing pink dresses with orange waist sashes, and the bouquets will be orange and pink Gerbera Daisies.

Elegant Hot Pink and Orange Wedding Garter Set

Below is not my picture, but what my BM dresses will look like.
These are my bridesmaid dresses

Visit our wedding website!  www.momentville.com/TanyaAndRichard

Life is not about the number of breaths we take, but the number of moments that take our breath away.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

mikesangel4lf Posts : 26 Registered: 4/11/09
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 1:19 AM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

We don't really have a theme but we are Pagan and having a handfasting. Our colors are red, black, white, and gold. The wedding is in October and red and black are my favorite colors so they had to be included!

Gay Marriage Pictures, Images and Photos

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine