What do you think?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

AdriansWife2012 Posts : 22 Registered: 5/6/09
What do you think?
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 11:37 PM

My FH and I are finally making some headway in all this planning! I went last weekend and found my dress, and we have decided to do a sunrise ceremony. We will have a small cake to cut for us, but instead of serving cake were going to serve small fruit deserts....something light. Im unsure about food. Drinks are going to be a twist on mimosas. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what do for centerpieces. When it comes to them Im stuck.....I want to do them myself, and i do not want candles in them......any ideas would be great.....our colors are like cranberry and gold...or a champaign color.

SunnySanrio Posts : 70 Registered: 8/6/09
Re: What do you think?
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 12:32 AM Go to message in response to: AdriansWife2012

You could do somethin with fake grapes or fake cranberries in it... and add a few flowers maybe?

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: AdriansWife2012

You're doing a sunrise ceremony, but where? On a beach? In a park? In a church? In a lodge? These details affect the type of decor you have.

You could get clear bowls or vases and fill them with oranges and put a single flower on top. The oranges would have the color of a sunrise and tie in with the mimosas. The flower on top could be a red, yellow, or any other sunrise color (maybe even a dark blue for the sky before the sun rises). You could do tall skinny vases with oranges stacked on top of each other or piled in a bowl.

Since you are serving fruit to your guests, any kind of fruit in the bowls would be pretty (I suggested oranges earlier because of the orange sunrise and mimosas, but you could use anything). Green apples would be tough with your color scheme, but yellow apples or red apples would be beautiful.

Here is one with the single flower. This is almost exactly what I had in mind (and I have never seen this picture before, haha):
apples.jpg picture by linzrene

Yellow apples and cranberries would be pretty and have sunrise colors:

{color:#ff0099}Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

{color}

AdriansWife2012 Posts : 22 Registered: 5/6/09
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

Thank you so much. I love those ideas....The ceremony is in front of the beach as close as we could get without being on the sand (dont want sand in my shoes lol) they have a lawn area. and the reception is on the terrace, that over looks the Ocean.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine