Why that date?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

Jream Posts : 157 Registered: 7/29/08
Why that date?
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 8:07 PM

I'm sorry if this thread has already been done, but I figured it's probably outdated if it is already out there. But I just want to know why people chose the dates they chose. Does it hold any significance?

I'm getting married January 10, which turns out to be not only a binary wedding (011010), but it's also the date my grandmother got married--which I was totally unaware of until I went to a family reunion a couple of weeks ago.

When is my wedding

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Re: Why that date?
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: Jream

I wanted the end of June because I love summer, and in July and August it's usually too hot (not counting this summer Chicago had). The springs here suck! Rain, windy, sometimes even snow...so I wanted to be as far from spring as possible, but didn't want fall, but I like fall too. I also wanted June because it gives me an exact year from graduating to plan the wedding prepare for marriage. So my dates were June 19, and June 26. The venue we loved had June 19th available. Now let's just pray the weather is good!

Also, my FH wanted the 19th more than the 26th because his birthday is on Feb 19th, so he just likes that number, and I kind of wanted the 26th more because I love Lilo and Stitch, and for anyone who knows about Stitch, he's Expirement 626...yeah sounds silly, but it was something that made me smile

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: Jream

We chose ours because our anniversary if May 16th. Well thats a Sunday and a lot of people we are close to didn't want it on a Sunday, so we just bumped it up a day and did May 15th. It's funny cuz he proposed on a 14th so both anniversaries are combined into this one. It made me giggle inside.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: Jream

Our wedding is September 26 of this year. No significance behind the date really, but my fh and I love the fall. So, we wanted a fall wedding. September 26 just happened to be a date the church, reception hall, and our priest had open.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: Lori82

We got married on May 24 this year. We chose it because I always wanted a spring wedding. I like the signficance of marrage being a new life, and spring being considered new life. Then we decided we needed to have it on a three day weekend so his father who is a mail carrier could come with out taking time off of work. I noticed Memorial day was the 25 so I wanted to do the 23. But after discussing it some more we decided on the 24th being a Sunday that way people could travel Friday, or Sat, and could leave after the wedding Sunday, or Monday, and not miss work, (hopefully) Plus our venue was cheaper to do it on a Sunday than a Saturday.

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

we are getting married March 13. there were a lot of factors that went into choosing that date. we wanted something far enough before passover so that we would be home for the holiday and michael wouldn't have to worry about keeping kosher/not eating bread on the honeymoon. we also wanted to do it before daylight savings (it's actually that night) because the ceremony can't start until after shabas, which ends an hour after sun down. we didn't want the ceremony to start too late, sundown on the 13th is at 6, the ceremony is going to start at 7:30. my parents are also taking us to Italy in July for my 30th birthday (which is this october), so we wanted enough time between our honeymoon and italy to warrant 2 big vacations. february is one of my busiest times at work, so i can't get away then. it was the perfect day!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

Cassandra85 Posts : 31 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: EWF

FH and I started dating 8 years ago on Sept 17, 2001. We always talked about having a fall wedding. We both love the weather, and all the colors that come with the season. So after FH proposed to me on the 18th of December in 2007, it only felt right to get married on the 19th. So our date is 9/19/09:)

Jream Posts : 157 Registered: 7/29/08
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

MrsDJLeo, whatever makes you smile and helps him remember the date =) Now he has no excuses for forgetting it!

BriansAZBride: for some reason, I consider that really significant. Your whole relationship is documented within those three dates =)

When is my wedding

minobotbride Posts : 37 Registered: 5/21/09
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: Jream

We chose December 23 (this year) because FH is a teacher in Hawaii, and that date gives him travel time to get here and makes it so that he doesn't have to take a lot of time off.
The reception is on December 27th because we are having just our parents at the ceremony, and then we're going on a mini-honeymoon, and then we're doing Christmas with my family. We're decorating the hall on Boxing Day, and then the party is on the 27th. Just worked well.
No significance in the dates at all! My parents' anniversary is December 20th, but that's a Sunday and I didn't want to get married on a Sunday..

Someday No Goodbyes - Minobot Forever, December 23 2009

NKGiordano Posts : 57 Registered: 5/9/09
Posted: Aug 22, 2009 1:03 AM Go to message in response to: Jream

July 16, 2011.

Extremely important. I would get married TOMORROW, if the date didnt have such significance to me.

My parents were married on July 16 and they were so in love. They were everything to me and I want to honour them by getting married on the same day.

2011 happened to be the only year where it was on a Saturday!

Natassia and Kris

July 16, 2011

http://natassiakristian.weddingannouncer.com

password: giordano (for bride's dress section)

SillyGirl Posts : 63 Registered: 11/22/07
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

Mines cheesey :)

November 5th b/c of V for Vendetta,

He made this rhyme to remember it,

Remember Remember the 5th of November,
The day we tied the knot,
I can think of no reason to forgive your(the) treason,
Should it ever be forgot . . .

He said that way he won't forget it, lol

Edited by: SillyGirl on Aug 23, 2009 4:53 PM Spelling