Florist Or Friend?!

Online Users: 1,360 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

s2bMrsDavis Posts : 4 Registered: 10/21/08
Florist Or Friend?!
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 3:07 PM

Ok, so I have a friend that does flowers as a hobby, & does a wonderful job. But I also found a lady that does flowers & rents them. With my friend, she would put all that effort into the flowers, centerpieces, etc, just to have them later stored & collect dust, never to be used again, just like all her other flowers. Plus she is also working in my other friends wedding & a few other functions that require flowers. I'm afraid of hurting her feelings, but I figured it would also give her a chance to breath. But with the lady that does everything as rental, its cheaper plus they aren't just being stored & never used again! What should I do?
Can't Wait!!!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Florist Or Friend?!
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: s2bMrsDavis

Has your friend offered to do your flowers?

I mean, if it's less expensive and you think better to go with this lady, then I would go with the lady and explain exactly what you explained here to your friend. Tell her you want her to enjoy the day without the added pressure of the flowers and the planning that goes with it.

Maybe have her do your bouquet or something specific but not ALL the flowers.....

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: s2bMrsDavis

i would say to go with the florist. you don't need to defend your position to anyone else when it comes to spending your money, but saying one is less expensive than the other is a benefit that anyone would understand. you can also tell her that you would rather she enjoy the party as a guest than possibly feeling like an employee that night and being stressed out about the flowers.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

pharm, looks like we gave the exact same advice at the same time!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: EWF

Too funny!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: s2bMrsDavis

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: s2bMrsDavis

A-line Orange Sweetheart Open Back Mini Prom Dress With Sequins
Save up to 38% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $99.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-orange-sweetheart-open-back-mini-prom-dress-with-sequins-p-32107.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine