Where 2 Place My Brothers?!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

s2bMrsDavis Posts : 4 Registered: 10/21/08
Where 2 Place My Brothers?!
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 2:58 PM

I have 3 brothers, one whole, one half, & one step, but I love them all the same. My 2 youngest brothers live with my dad's 2nd ex-wife, so I don't get to see them much, & therefore my fiance doesn't really know them. My whole brother is a groomsmen. So my 2 other brothers need a place. He already has all his groomsmen & ushers. Are there any other places they could fill? I want them to feel important too. Not just a door opener etc. Or should I ask my fiance to let them be ushers instead of his cousins he hasn't really talked to in a few years? Any ideas?
Can't Wait!!!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Where 2 Place My Brothers?!
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: s2bMrsDavis

Dear Mrs D,

The groom's side is the groom's business. He has his own folks over there.

But... the bride's side IS THE BRIDE'S BUSINESS. Put your two brothers on your side!!!

You need not go the "transvestite" route and get the guys in strapless gowns and heels. No, they would wear clothes similar, but not identical, to the clothes the groomsmen are wearing. If the men are wearing formal wear, just get formal wear for your brothers, but with different details. Different ties, different vests, etc. Informal wear? Same thing. Similar to the other men, but different details.

They would be part of the procession, or just walk in with the other men, but stand on the bride's side waiting for you and your bridesmaids.

If you look at a "traditional" wedding, you'd think that brides never have brothers, nor grooms sisters. That is not reality.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine