Baby Shower & Wedding Woes

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 36

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Baby Shower & Wedding Woes
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 9:35 AM

I am really frustrated right now and need to vent. DH and I will have our one year wedding anniversary on October 18th. I feel like everyone is trying to ruin if for us. First office, one of my cousins has the nerve to have his wedding less than a month before my anniversary. Seriously?! What is his problem? My anniversary was set before he picked a date. Then my other cousin's baby shower 2 WEEKS before my anniversary. Seriously?? She isn't due until December. It could have waited.

Don't they realize how this will make me feel?

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

Edited by: Bride2008 on Aug 11, 2009 9:35 AM

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Re: Baby Shower & Wedding Woes
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Oh Bride I understand, I can't believe they would be so rude. I can't imagine anyone not considering that this is a special time for you and your husband. It is your time. They should respect that.

Since you are in the New York area and not in New Jersey I will not be to upset with you that you will be celebrating your anniversary in the very same week that I am. I know that you didn't mean to do that it was just an oversight on your part.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

How inconsiderate and rude! Your cousin should have planned her pregnancy better.

Lilypie - (8e8A)

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Ugh! That's just wrong! Really, don't they know that the month of October is always going to be reserved for you? It's always your month from now on, I thought that was just an understood and unspoken rule amongst everyone. That baby shower should never have been planned for October. And really, having a wedding so close to your anniversary?? Well why not just have it on your same date, I mean it's so close it may as well have just stolen your spotlight right from you.

Some people are just so inconsiderate. I'm sorry you feel so frustrated. The nerve of it all.

August28th Posts : 153 Registered: 1/28/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 1:02 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Ok, your anniversary is ONE DAY and people aren't planning their lives around it. Sorry. Your cousin having the baby isn't the one throwing the shower, so pretty much when the hostess can throw it is when it should be. And who cares if your other cousin is getting married less than a month from you it's not on your day so why does it matter. I didn't memorize all my cousins' anniversaries and plan my wedding around them. No one is intentionally ruining your anniversary for you. I hope you do have a great anniversary though and enjoy all the other big events surrounding it. :)

True love is like a ghost which many talk about but few have ever seen.

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

I hope this thread is a joke...but if not, you had your wedding day. That was the one day where everything revolved around you. That's all you get. People cannot be expected to revolve their lives around your anniversary. End of discussion.

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

Even though an anniversary is only one day it is inconsiderate of someone to plan an event around that one day. Suppose she wanted to take a trip to celebrate? Now she has to limit herself to when she can do that because of them. That is sad since she had the date first, they should have taken that into consideration when they planned their events.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 3:32 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Totally agree with Kenny.

Lilypie - (8e8A)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

Here's your popcorn! Get your hot popcorn!

KaylaMarriedBrett Posts : 146 Registered: 3/12/08
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

MMMmmmmmmMMMM Popcorn!

When is my wedding

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

http://brettandkayla.ourweddingday.com

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: KaylaMarriedBrett

First office?

Created by Wedding Favors

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Bride2008, I have a confession to make...my birthday is the day after your anniversary. I'm so sorry that my parents did not take the fact that someone, somewhere may want to have their anniversary in October into account when they decided to have me. I hope that you know I never would have done this on purpose, and I am SOOOOO sorry!!

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 11:31 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

I would also like to say that I totally understand how you feel. It wasn't bad enough that my friend ended up in labor on my wedding day and had her daughter, but she INSISTED on celebrating her daughter's first birthday and wouldn't travel 7 hours to celebrate our anniversary. I mean, seriously - nice priorities.

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

This is hella funny. OP please be realistic and come to terms that you are not the only one living on planet earth!!

Be Blessed!

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 1:11 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

I'm guessing this is a joke right?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine