Recently engaged..

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

faeryprincess Posts : 4 Registered: 6/25/09
Recently engaged..
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 9:39 AM

Hi I just got engaged a couple months ago. My fiance proposed to me after we finished a hike to the peak of a mountain at Red Rock Canyon. :) We are going to plan our own wedding and are on a tight budget. Any advice would be helpful, and I need alot of help. Here is what we have so far..

We are getting married in Las Vegas, (because we live there, not because we want a Vegas wedding). So we aren't getting married on the strip by Elvis or anything. We were thinking about having the reception and wedding too, maybe, at a rented house. If anyone in Las Vegas has a better idea, that is inexpensive, I'd appreciate it..

We are going to do all the decorations, invitations, etc ourself. I'm even making my own wedding dress. My fiance and I are both artists, so that should help with all the DIY stuff..

I can be more specific on our ideas if you want, but this is our general plan.

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Re: Recently engaged..
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: faeryprincess

Congratulations and welcome to the boards! You'll get a lot of great advice here!!! Best wishes in all your planning!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

SweetSurrender Posts : 130 Registered: 5/14/09
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: faeryprincess

Congratulations on your engagement! Sounds like the proposal was pretty romantic!

It's definitely going to be helpful that both you and FH are artists. I want to do a lot of DIY for my wedding too, but unfortunately I am not artistically inclined. The creativity is there, but the know-how is seriously lacking. haha! And making your own wedding dress sounds like a ton of work! Best of luck with everything. Be sure to post some pics when it's all said and done so we can see some of the stuff you've created.

So... do you have any colors/themes you're thinking about yet?

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: SweetSurrender

Thanks. I will be sure to post some pics of everything :) .. I want everything to be sort of bohemian and earthy (like my avatar) lol.. I was thinking lots of butterflies and flowers. My fiance does ceramics, so we can use his vases in the centerpieces. I dont know what else to add though. Besides flowers.. I want earthy colors, like olive green, brown, and maybe a splash of color, like purple, (since brown and green flowers are hard to come by) I'm not sure. Any ideas?

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: faeryprincess

I can send you lots of pictures of brown/green, earthy looks. Fortunately, green flowers are very popular and are becoming much more available (e.g. roses, orchids,Irish bells, hydrangea, flower-like succulents), and even brown flowers are starting to appear (gerberas, roses, orchids).Brown elements, like branches and twigs, fiddlehead fern, coffee berries and coffee beans, and pheasant feathers, all fit into your look. For pictures, contact me through my website.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: myra

Thanks. You're website is pretty cool. I think it will help me alot. I like the idea of twigs in flower arrangements. :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine