THE MOVIE THREAD ( Fav quotes, Reviews, discussions, etc...)

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 265

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Re: THE MOVIE THREAD ( Fav quotes, Reviews, discussions, etc...)
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

heads over to Netflix.com

I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic last Thursday night with a bunch of girlfriends and although it was a total chick flick and "cute," I had more fun, making fun of it. Really cute shoes in there though! :p

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Watched The Soloist last night. It made me so uncomfortable, but it was a good movie. Jamie Fox was really good! The whole skid row thing is a scary place to be, and it is suffused with crack addicts and mentally ill people. When we closed down the state run mental health hospitals and left only a handful of clinics, those people became our homeless. Sad.

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Kelley - Thanks for the Netflix recommendation. I'm already loving it!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

MandyandVance Posts : 650 Registered: 4/10/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Has anyone seen The ugly truth or Funny people? I really want to see both but I heard that Funny people is over 2 hours long so I wanted to see if it was worth it before I try to sit through it.

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

Mandy - I'm going to go see The Ugly Truth tonight. Be back with details! ;)

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 11:12 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Pinky, did you end up seeing the movie?

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 11:26 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

Mandy - Yeah I did. HALIROUS!!! Full of subliminal jokes. I'd see it again.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 10:34 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Thanks for letting me know, I think we are going to see it tomorrow.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

Mandy, havent seen Funny People yet, BUT, I know from some of my good friends who did that its a sort of different kind of Judd Apatow movie. Its both serious and funny. Its about comedians and the struggle to become famous, and what thats like, etc. So for someone like me, It will be really interesting to see it because its what I do. Its about 3 friends who live together as roommates and one of them, Sandlers character, has reached fame and the others havent and are struggling, and how that affects eveyone etc.... also Sandlers character has a rare form of cancer or blood diesease and its abotu how a funny person deals with something so seroius and life altering. They had Sandler, Jonah and Seth Rogan all go up onstage and do comedy at real clubs and then used that in the movie... so Im interested to see it. Yes, its abotu 2hours and 20minutes so its prtty long, but I did hear from my friends that they enjoyed it. Just dont expect the typical Apatow movie, I think this one has a bit more meat to it but still funny.

We just got our next Netflix movie, A Simple Plan with Billy Bob Thornton, watching it tonight. I sawparts of it years ago when it was on tv and I loved it. Its about these two brothers who find a dead body and a ton of cash and agree to keep it a secret and split it, and everything that transpires from that incident, and how greed and money changes people. Its really good and I remember loving it.

We watched ,through Netflix, the other night, Gone Baby Gone. Anyone seen that? I loooooved it. Oh my god. The ending was go good, I could talk about it for hours, if that was the right decision to make for the child, for the mother, for everyone! I love movies like that, you could totally see it and sympathize from each characters viewpoint and then you start getting into discussions about the moral judgement of each person etc. Great movie.

A movie I would totally recommend in the theatre is Away We Go. Such a sweet story and will make you laugh and cry. With Maya Rudolph and the guy who plays Jim from The Office....

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thanks for the review about Funny people Kelley. From the preview I was anticipating a typical funny Judd Apatow movie (I love his movies!). So now I am thinking maybe I will wait and rent it when it comes out on dvd, over two hours is a really long time to sit in a theatre. But this movie definitely sounds like it is right up your alley - I am actually surprised you haven't seen it yet!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Aug 9, 2009 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - Let me know what you think of Rachel Getting Married when you see it. I think I need to watch it again.

Actually, I want to see Funny People, maybe not in the theatre though. I REALLY want to see Julie and Julia. Probably next weekend.

Saw the new Harry Potter movie - I enjoyed it but I am really glad that I read the books a LONG time ago so that I don't compare the movies to the book.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine