Whats your opinion on this color?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Smit3140 Posts : 2 Registered: 8/1/09
Whats your opinion on this color?
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 5:47 PM

So I am thinking of changing my BM dress to this color. The dress I picked out is by Pretty Maids but not this particular style. I originally chose pink (its actually very bright pink) but have had horrible dreams that I hate the dress color once them come in (I only saw the color in a picture when we ordered them). Please let me know what you think of this! What accent color would you have? Any opinions appreciated!!!

http://www.bestbridalprices.com/images/prettymaids/fall09/large/22308.html

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
Re: Whats your opinion on this color?
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 9:05 PM Go to message in response to: Smit3140

Well I am pretty partial to the bright pink color because thats the color I am using but purple was my second choice so I think the dress you chose was really pretty. What kind of flowers do you think you will use? When I was toying with using purple I had thought of purple and green, shades of purple (with hydrangeas for the flowers), and even purple and pink. I have also seen purple and yellow but I am not a big fan of yellow. I also really liked the purple and silver idea but for some reason I felt like it looked wintery. Just some ideas....

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: Smit3140

i'm a huge purple person, and i think that is a gorgeous shade. i would do silver as an accent color, it's more elegant. i think another bright color would compete with the purple too much and might start to look a little clownish.

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: Smit3140

I love the color. If I was doing it, seeing as your wedding is in June I would go with purple and green. It's gorgeous together. Here are just a few images that I found.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

I love it! We did purple with silver accents in our May wedding. We gave it a more "springy" look with the flowers.
untitled.jpg picture by steffmacmath
Ours was obviously a little darker...but it's a flattering color on everyone.
This is a close up of my bouqet, so you can see what we did for accent colors.
pic2.jpg picture by steffmacmath

I think your color being a lighter purple makes it great for the summer.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: Smit3140

A-line Dark Purple Strapless Drape Floor-length Prom Dress With Embellished Trim
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Prom Dress,the price is just $139.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-dark-purple-strapless-drape-floorlength-prom-dress-with-embellished-trim-p-31748.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine