experience with studio blue!?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
experience with studio blue!?
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 10:45 PM

Has anyone used Studio Blue for their wedding photos? It seems like a great idea...its like an online site that matches you with a photographer based on what type of photos you want. They prices are really good too. I am just nervous because no matter how early you book they don't actually give you your photographer till 60 days before the wedding. Plus I don't think you get to meet them ahead of time. I like them because I love to do everything online but I am just nervous that it is a scam or will turn out badly. Any opinions??

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: experience with studio blue!?
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

Dear Zoe,

I hope that Howard sees your message here. Howard is a professional photographer and offers solid advice to message board members.

In my opinion, I would not engage any photographer until I had met with that person and had seen their work. I would not engage a service that provides "someone" two months out.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

They suck! Any company that gives you a photographer a few days before the wedding sucks. It's best if your photographer is the person you book with the first time you meet with them. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. But in CT there is a Studio Blue photo company (not sure if it's the same one you are looking at) but the lady I talked to on the phone sounded unprofessional. She booked a meeting date with me without even telling me her address! How was I supposed to know where she was located?! I emailed her to ask her if I can please have her address. She took days to get back to me. Infact she got back to be 2 hours before we were supposed to meet. I told her I made other plans. To me that was a warning sign that I needed to look some where else.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah, I just wanted to stick up for Studio Blue in CT. That's who we used for our photos, and they came out great! I think Tina (the woman who owns the company) is a typical artist, so she has typical artist tendancies... but her work is some of the best I've seen. I'm sure there are photographers out there who are quicker to respond.. but she does some phenominal work! And she was great on our wedding day (even helped me put on my dress because we couldn't figure it out). You can definitely trust her to get the job done.
pic10.jpg picture by steffmacmath

pic4.jpg picture by steffmacmath
photo6.jpg picture by steffmacmath

But to Cheetah's point, you have to trust and feel comfortable with who you are working with.

To answer the OP's question, I think that's a bad idea. You want to know that you feel comfortable with the person, and that you can trust them to share your "vision". I would just go to some bridal shows in your area, or ask around for referrals and find a photographer on your own.

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

First and foremost, there are two studios with the name Studio Blue. The first is run by a photographer named Tina and is the one given the rave review. The other Studio Blue is a national chain and is actually Bella Pictures. Need I say anymore?

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

SteffMay your pictures came out beautiful! I remember seeing your wedding pictures when you posted them a while back. I am glad you had a good experience with them. You are lucky. I guess I wasn't willing to give them a shot. But that's ok, it wasn't meant to be :-p They were kinda too pricey for me anyway lol.

I didn't know there were two Studio Blue. Wow. I guess the best thing to do is to google reviews and find out for yourself.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine