How many young engaged couples are out there?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

SamandAJ Posts : 7 Registered: 7/1/09
How many young engaged couples are out there?
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 7:46 PM

I've never done a post before but I am a fairly young lady and I am soon to be engaged I just wanted to talk to some other young ladies out there because I don't want to be told I am too young to get married or be judged by the older women in this forum. In my opinion it doesnt matter how old you are just as long as it feels right.

Thank you!
<3
Sam

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Re: How many young engaged couples are out there?
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 7:57 AM Go to message in response to: SamandAJ

There are plenty of "young" brides on these forums, you just wouldn't know it because age is generally not a big deal- unless the thread topic is specifically "What age do you think is too young to get Married?," then everyone will come out with an opinion to add to the heated debate.

If you really want to chat with other young brides, check out the "Friendly Forum for Young Brides" thread in the Fashion Focus board. Most of the girls there are 18-24.

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 8:20 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Agreed with Rose, come over to the "Friendly Forum for Young Brides" under the Fashion section :)
Created by Wedding Favors

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 8:29 AM Go to message in response to: SamandAJ

Saam for the most part no one cares how old you are unless you make an issue of it. There are plenty of "young" brides here that act maturely and have no problems from anyone. There are also those that come out of no where and become defensive and start having tantrums and they will get a hard time because they are in fact acting childish and that has nothing to do with age.

As the others have said there is a thread that is populated by women of a certain age you may feel more comfortable there simply because they will be able to relate more to your unique situations. I as an older woman may not be so helpful

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Come join us in "A friendly Forum" We have plenty of girls in there that are very helpful and supportive. And even a few who are not offcially engaged yet also.

Hope to see you there soon!

SamandAJ Posts : 7 Registered: 7/1/09
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: SamandAJ

wow you guys thank you soooo much!! im so glad age isnt actually that big of a deal!!
you girls are great
THANK YOU!!!!
<3!

FutureLadyinWhite Posts : 12 Registered: 7/5/09
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: SamandAJ

i actually just posted a concern about this on this board. im 21 and about to be engaged, but i keep getting told that 21 is too young. i'm glad to find another younger bride to be on here! Age should have nothing to do with it. Love, committment, and maturity are what are important

QueenOfThePengu... Posts : 7 Registered: 2/17/09
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 3:22 AM Go to message in response to: SamandAJ

Hello!!! Yes, I am another young bride-to-be on here... 20 years old. I'm new on here also. Welcome to those of you who are new as well... let's be newbies together, LoL. So I'd love to hear what some of you younger chicks like me are planning for your weddings. I don't know why but I just love talking about weddings and how people are planning them. So anyone who'd like to splurge on their wedding details... by all means... SPLURGE! LoL

QueenOfThePengu... Posts : 7 Registered: 2/17/09
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 3:32 AM Go to message in response to: FutureLadyinWhite

Hello Ms. FutureLadyInWhite... I'm sorry to hear that people have been telling you that. You tell them, "MYOB!" I'm on here and I'm 20! If you and I were too young to be getting married then why isn't the legal marrying age higher than 18? I think it's wonderful that you are getting married... congrats!

tellyy Posts : 27 Registered: 10/31/06
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: SamandAJ

i think its better if you go to the young peoples board because you are not really going to feel comfortable with the''mature'' woman on this board,because they is going to put there two cents,umteeth cents on this board,and you are not going to like it or able to handle it.

calalily13 Posts : 25 Registered: 10/8/09
Posted: Oct 18, 2009 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: SamandAJ

I am soon to be engaged and I am 21. It really all depends on how you act. Im a firm believer in the fact that a realtionship despite the age of the couple is mature if they have dealt with the turmoils of an "adult" relationship. My boyfriend and I have dealt with more things that most of the married couples I know, so I think that we will make it. That is what matters, so dont worry about people thinking that you are too young.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine