Show me your..

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

AmandaLynn1 Posts : 25 Registered: 10/11/08
Show me your..
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 11:40 AM

Bustle.

My dress does not come with a bustle built in. I know that there are a lot of different ways to do it, but I do not know what would look best with my dress. Here is a link to the dress if that helps.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&catentryId=1000181

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Re: Show me your..
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaLynn1

Call me crazy, but I didn't know what a bustle was until you posted your thread. SO I googled it. LOL...and it defined it as an undergarment used to give women hourglass figures. If that's the case, sign me up. Do you have a pic of your bustle? I'm thinking not every style would use a bustle since only 'cascading' gowns popped up when I google imaged the term. If you have a pic, I want to see yours so that I can have a clue. Thanks!

Created by Wedding Favors

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

I think with the pick ups in your dress, it will definitely be different than mine. I had a pretty straight forward bustle, I called it the peacock tail:
photo

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

NO not an undergarment haha. Please do not show me your undergarments. What I mean is a bustle on a gown. When you have a gown with a train, you usually bustle it up so that it does not drag on the ground. I know there are several different ways to do it, but I just don't know what would be best with my dress.

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

SteffMay I can't see your picture :( I don't know if its just my computer or what?

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 12:01 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaLynn1

546211811309_0_ALB.jpg picture by steffmacmath

Sorry! Just realized pictures from my kodak gallery don't post. So all they did with mine was pick up the back and make a little button with some loops. There are a couple different kinds of ways to do it. Sometimes the tuck they dress under, which is probably what they'd do for your dress, since it has pick ups. They can try to make the bustle look like part of the dress. Mine was really flowy so pinning it under made it look like it was tucked in my underpants! So we went for the peacock! When you go for your fittings, they'll show you all the options you have.

NewMrsVelino Posts : 144 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaLynn1

AmandaLynn - We actually have the same dress!! I didn't have any clue how they were going to bustle it at all and I just let the woman who was doing the alterations bustle it however she wanted. I have to warn you, I ended up with 12 bustles all together. They are ties and not loops so I'm thankful for that. My profile picture is of my bustle, but here's a bigger one for you to see.

When is my wedding

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

ToyToy- you crack me up girlie. You ran away from the May 2010 thread. What happened?

And if you want different bustles you should look at David's Bridal Catalog. Here's the link. It shows a ton of different bustles and how they look on different dresses.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/catalogView?storeId=10052&onlineCatalogsVar=comFrmSidNavOnlinCat&catalogName=catalog_bustlebook&contentName=catalog_bustlebook&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&logonId=illyssa.mauldin%40srpnet.com&ddkey=http:DBIBustleBookLogOnCmd

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

I also had a dress with pick ups, and we were going for a victorian theme, so I had what I belive was called an over bustle to make the big butt look kind of I guess.....Heres a pic l_bb344bbad6814934bc9701cf4bae3724.jpg picture by Nessabear615

It was done with buttons and loops.

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

BriansAZ! LOL! I didn't run away. Everyone just...well...stopped posting! :D I've still been bouncing around here showing my blonde (aka gray) roots...trying to figure out what a bustle is. HA! Now that I know, I can avoid the humiliation of posting pictures of myself in my wedding undergarments! <---hehehe...I really don't have my undergarments so you guys are safe. Thank you for the link chick. AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MISSY? I haven't seen you on the boards much lately either...
Created by Wedding Favors

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

Toy I think we're high jacking this thread haha. I've been on kinda DL posts. Nothing to exciting. I was the last poster in May 2010 missy!! You didn't answer! hahq

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Wow you guys have been really helpful. THANK YOU!

FutureMrsVelino you look beautiful in the dress!

NewMrsVelino Posts : 144 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaLynn1

Thanks AmandaLynn! I'd love to see a pic of you in yours if you have one.
When is my wedding

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

unfortunately when we bought the dress, my sister got a video of me in it but not a still picture. I go for a fitting on Sept. 5th, so I will definately get some good pictures then haha.

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaLynn1

I can never remember the names of the different types of bustles, but mine is the kind where there are 3 or 4 sets of ribbons underneath that pull it up from the inside (if that makes sense)

My train:

DSCN2162.jpg picture by JeWareGT

How the bustle will look:

DSCN2177.jpg picture by JeWareGT

38.jpg picture by JeWareGT

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine