I really need all the advise i can get on this please!!!

Online Users: 1,329 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

AlyssaMarie Posts : 32 Registered: 1/3/09
I really need all the advise i can get on this please!!!
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 7:13 PM

OK so i finally decided how i am going to ask my attendents to be in my wedding. I decided to get them a jewelry box with there initals on it but i am also making pocket fold cards that resemble the ones i will use for the wedding invites. How ever unlike my wedding invites i am using their favorite colors to make the cards and they have such weird color combos im not sure how to make it work im going to put the color combos below and if yall could give me yall's opinions on what other color would work with them and what order i should use them as (ex: folio color, back ground color 1 back ground color 2).

Yellow & Green
Yellow & Pink
Purple & Pink
Pink & Orange
Blue (thats her only fav color)

So if yall could gie me you opinions on this that would be amazing.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!!
ALyssa

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: I really need all the advise i can get on this please!!!
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

I would use ivory for all of them. Its a nice neutral shade that is good for trying colors together and it is very wedding friendly.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

i agree....ivory is a great neutral color that will make the other colors pop!

For the girl who only likes blue....maybe try a roya or naby blue paired with a light baby blue, and then the ivory

:)

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

Dear AM,

"Blue (thats her only fav color)"

Small world. I am sure we have a mutual friend. I have a friend who has everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in blue. Open her closet, and there's nothing but blue. Her room is painted blue, blue dishes on the table, blue placemats, drives a blue car, has blue fingernail polish, you get the picture.

My friend, however, accents her blue with touches of gold or green. Her favorite shade of blue is a true, rich, deep blue (not Navy blue) and that looks great with a deep green.

If your friend likes Navy blue, then try that with a dark red. Look at the logo for British Airways for inspiration. If she likes baby blue, then try a pastel pink.

Nny Posts : 10 Registered: 12/27/07
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 2:21 AM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

I think you should use these colors but in neon. Its very funky and really makes them pop!

AlyssaMarie Posts : 32 Registered: 1/3/09
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

OK thanks a lot. That really helps.

So I'm thinking about doing the ivory pocket fold card and then using their favorite colors on the inside and holding it closedwith a ribbon that has the colors on it!!!

Awesome thanks so much for the help!!!!!

RedStormGirl Posts : 184 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: I really need all the advice i can get on this please!!!
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 9:07 AM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

I agree with Aunt...all of those colors would look great with either silver or gold. (blue and gold and pink and gold are two of my favorite combinations). But if you can't find what you need in silver or gold, then I agree with the other ladies - ivory or ecru (or even bright white) would look great with all of those colors.

"Where you are is where I belong...I do know where you go is where I want to be." - DMB

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine