Back from fitting....not so happy

Online Users: 1,321 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

nejnej261 Posts : 68 Registered: 5/20/08
Back from fitting....not so happy
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 1:57 PM

So I went for what I thought would be my final fitting and it looks like it needs more work. I was very lucky my dress fit almost perfectly when I bought it with the exception of the bust. It is a strapless dress and it is a little loose in the bust area. It does not slide down because it fits my hips perfectly but you can see into the top of my dress. After the last fitting we decided it was better but needed to come in a bit more. So I went to try it on today and it did not seem any tighter. I do have two weeks until the wedding so I know I should not panic but I am a little nervous. I really hope she can bring it in enough.

Did any of you girls with strapless dresses have trouble with the bust area? I am a C cup so I thought I would fill it out but I definitely do not. If I puff my bust out it fills the dress but not when I am standing up straight and normally. I do not want to look like a proud robin puffing my breasts out all night. She is a good seamstress and I trust her so I think I just have to let her try again and see what happens. Any reassurance would be appreciated.

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Re: Back from fitting....not so happy
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: nejnej261

I don't know sweetie, but I would be concerned too. It should fit to where you don't feel self conscious! When will you go back? Did the seamstress say what could be done?

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

nejnej261 Posts : 68 Registered: 5/20/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

She is going to work on it tonight and try to take it in another 1/2 inch. She said I should be able to try it on again by Friday. I am not so worried about the time, I am more worried about whether or not it will look how I think it should. It is a very detailed beaded top so she is avoiding working on the seams in the front unless completely necessary but that may need to be what happens. I know she is the professional so I have to put some trust in her and hopefully it will be a little closer next time.

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: nejnej261

could she possibly put a little padding in the bust area so there is a little filler and you won't have to puff up? maybe a little under so it's almost like a push up bra? this way she doesn't have to mess with the beading and possibly damage the dress

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 4:44 AM Go to message in response to: nejnej261

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45676.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:27 AM Go to message in response to: nejnej261

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4973 is just $469.99.

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 8:47 PM Go to message in response to: nejnej261

LandyBridal came from a humble beginning with passion in mind: Help brides-to-be worldwide enjoy a fine wedding dress with affordable price. This is our prospect!
We will try our best to provide not only a gown but also a lifestyle for finding suitable dresses at reasonable price. We will definitely keep on growth for bringing our customer the most happiness on their BIG day

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine