Bridezillas The Show

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32

Jade1107 Posts : 205 Registered: 9/1/07
Re: Bridezillas The Show
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I don't watch this show all that often - most of the time I watch parts and have to turn it off because it's just too rediculous for me. However, I did see one epidode where the bride was quite overweight (obese, even) and as such, she made sure that her BM's were heavier than she was so that she looked the best on her day. She even weighed her brides... OMG. Too much...

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: Jade1107

That reminds me of one episode that I saw, the bride thought one of her BM's put on some weight, so she went and got her a new dress and gave it to her a few days before the wedding, telling her she didn't think the original dress would fit her anymore. The BM was in tears and the bride thought she did the right thing because she paid for the new dress herself! I also should add that the bride gave her the dress and told her why she got her the dress infront of others, she couldn't even tell her in privacy...talk about putting someone on the spot!

One of my BM's was in a wedding for a bridezilla, this girl was terrible, so bad that I told my friend the morning of the wedding that she shouldn't even go to the wedding. I know that's mean, but this girl took advantage of my friend, used her as her little coordinater, my friend did so much for her and she would insult her, disrespect her infront of others, she was so bad my friend would call me bawling her eyes out! I told my friend and my FH if I ever act like that to slap me, and FH said if I ever acted like that the wedding would be off!

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: Jade1107

I read somewhere that the bride in that episode was like "jabba the hut" in the salon scene. She had a big white robe on and was sitting there in a chair, making all her bridesmaids get on the scale to prove they all weighed over 200 lbs. My jaw dropped on that one!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

I guess there are just some really mean, bitchy women out there! But I think most brides are not like that at all! :)

www.bride-whisperer.com

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 6:34 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

yeah that's the one I couldn't stop watching! Not only did the icky candy end up in the buffet but she burned shoes, bummed money off the groom's gma for a hotel room, and then had the cops escourt her after the road rage incident SHE started! LOL I forgot she made everyone wait til she was ready!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

BlushingBridezi... Posts : 99 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

Did you all see the one where the lady was stood up at the alter?

That was sad considering she wasn't the one who drove her FH away. Her daughter was the one who was being a bridezilla the entire show, and she basically tried to break up her mom's engagement with the guy. Her daughter was so annoying. Even though she hated the guy, she should have just given in and accepted the fact that her mom was going to marry him. Instead of supporting her mom, she basically did whatever she could to make her engagement hell.

I felt so bad for the bride when she realized her fiance was not going to show up at the wedding. I know he might have been scared off by her daughter and all, but he should have had the decency to either show up at the wedding and dump her in person...or tell her BEFORE the wedding that he was having second thoughts...that way they could have canceled it and saved her the public embarrassment and money.

They later pulled a "Big and Carrie Bradshaw" move when the fiance called the bride the day after their wedding and apologized for not showing up. Like a fool, she took him back and they went off to Vegas to get married privately. If I were her, I would have never spoken to him again after he ditched me like that...lol. And on top of that, she went into debt to pay for the wedding bc she depleted her savings to fund it all....and he paid for nothing. I think she even bought her own engagement ring...smh.

I guess love really can make you do some crazy things...lol.

-The Blushing Bride

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 8:07 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

That is sad! Older children can be deadly for potential step parents! I am glad my three stepdaughters are young... because a teenage girl would probably not be happy about a new stepmom! The oldest is 12 and she seems "okay" with me. My Dad dated a lady for 13 years and they never got married because my siblings and Dad's girlfriend's kids could not get along. It was a blended family that was not going to happen!

I don't think The Brady Bunch happens in real life. That is maybe a good thing? :)

www.bride-whisperer.com

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

I enjoy Bridezillas! I think it is very entertaining simply because it is just SOOOOO over the top.

I LOVED the "I want my chocolate cake!!!!!!!!!" one!! ha ha....classic fist smashing into the cake! ha ha

even my fiance likes to watch it!

RedStormGirl Posts : 184 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:54 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

I used to LOVE Bridezillas....but now the women have become too horrible to be believeable. (At least in the first few seasons, there would be a mix of girls who just had attitude, girls who you wanted to smack, and maybe one or two truly awful awful women. Now EVERY bride evey week is beyond horribe.) I don't doubt that they're all b*tches in real life, but some of the incidents on camera are such awful acting. Like the "I want my chocolate cake" one...you can see shes acting. Maybe these women really are like that, but you know they are playing it up x10 for the cameras. Like the one most recently (Melissa, maybe?) who gives the speech about how this is the brides day, its her wedding, it has nothing to do with the groom, "have you ever heard of 'here comes the groom?', its 'here comes the BRIDE'" Come ON....FAKE

All I know is these men have recorded proof of crazy for court when they divorce these women.

"Where you are is where I belong...I do know where you go is where I want to be." - DMB

"Sticks and stones may break bones, but cement pays homage to tradition." - Sophia Petrillo

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: RedStormGirl

One bride looked at her groom and said, "Are you going to tell me that you are going to grow balls the day before the wedding? I don't think so!" I was agast! ha ha!

www.bride-whisperer.com

Stephy77 Posts : 109 Registered: 9/2/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

LOL, I saw that one Francie too funny, even my husband lost it at thatzinger and he hates that show.

Sharkgirllovesc... Posts : 39 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

I watched both the show where the bride was stood up as well as the Jabba bride who weighed her girls.

Actually with the second one, I kinda found that amusing. I was watching the show with my MOH (as she got ME hooked LOL) and I turned to her and she said "Don't say it, I'm already over 200 lbs so you have nothing to worry about" So I texted my BM who's smaller than me by like 4 dress sizes and told her she needed to weigh over 200 lbs. She was calm and said "What are you talking about? Where is this coming from?" and I said "I need to be the star of the show, you HAVE to look worse than me!" She then said it was impossible in a month to gain 50 lbs cause she's been losing weight. My response "Chow down on those Krispie Kreme's!" Ha ha ha!

Then I finally told her I got it all from the story. She thought it was amusing as well. I guess that's just how we roll...we all have really twisted senses of humor (like when she almost convinced my MIL we hated each other but she owe'd me a favor so she would stand up for me at the wedding, THAT was priceless!)

P.S. My MIL and I love each other, in fact I think I could chose her over MY mom any day! LOL

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

Yeah I agree, atleast I would hope most brides aren't like that! But there are those people who are just bitchy about everything. You could give them the world and they'd still bitch. Some people are never happy.

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:07 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

LOL this show seriously cracks my shit up. I laugh hysterically at it. I know I shouldn't laugh because it's really not funny, but here's what amuses me---

--I know people who really are this dramatic, this bitchy, and this ME ME ME. It's hilariously sad.

I hope that makes sense. One of those "sad but true" things.

My favorite on there was the girl who lectured her fiance and called him cheap for not buying her a 30k ring!!!! LOL!!!!!! My FH wouldn't spend 30k on a CAR, let alone a ring.
My Planning Blog

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 9:10 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

It's good you have a great MIL. Some MIL's can be really horrible.

www.bride-whisperer.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine