Our Summer Wedding

Online Users: 1,321 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 14

IslaBonitaBride Posts : 82 Registered: 2/4/09
Our Summer Wedding
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 1:13 PM

Hi Ladies,

I also wanted to say thank you to all the ladies of the forum for their support. Planning a long distant wedding was not easy, nothing turned out as planned, but we're married!!!! Send me a message if you're getting married in Puerto Rico or need advice on what not to do if you're having a Destination Wedding!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=541809&l=8c306d9f81&id=1348225226

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Re: Our Summer Wedding
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

I love your dress. You look so beautiful!

Finally Mrs. Snyder

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 4:46 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Thanks Sybelle!

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

Congrats, I wish you every happiness.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

Isla, I cant open the link, its not working even whenI put it in my browser,not sure why. Just wanted to say congratulations to you though, and tell you that we want more detail about your wedding day!!! lol. Favorite moments, any surprises, memories, whatever else. And if youd like to friend me on Facebook, you can find me under the NYC network, Im kelley Lynn. Id love to see your pics.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

I can't open the link either but would love to see the pictures and read more about your story - even if everything went wrong!! Trust me, no one can top Marty08 in the things that went wrong category!! :)

And no one can top me in the world's worst first dance!!!

Member and Co-Founder of POOP:   "People Offended by Offended People"

Photobucket 

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

Details? The link doesn't work for me either....

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Thanks you ladies!!! And by the way, I changed by privacy settings so if anyone has time to check again please let me know if you were able to see the pics. Nothing tragic happen at our wedding. Just little aggravating things that got to us. Our florist did not use the ribbon I sent her for the bouquets. Instead she used a gold and cantaloupe ribbon that had nothing to do with our wedding scheme (cream, lavender and chocolate brown). I had my first true bridezilla moment when I saw my bouquet, but I was able to fix it needless to say! Then, the church people didn't let me pick my readings. Instead, the deacon (the priest didn't speak English so a deacon had to perform our ceremony) picked every single chauvinistic reading from the Bible and read them to me with a grind on his face. This also meant we didn't have Communion at our Catholic ceremony. Then at the reception, our DJ/MC kept my recently divorced in-laws holding hands while waiting to be introduced while he tried in vain to utter a few words in English. All he did was to keep saying check-sound, check-sound and clear his throat!!!! Thank God a friend stepped in and rescued the night! Also, I forgot to handle the table list with what each person was eating to the caterer and it took them forever to start serving the food (it was around 8:00 o'clock at night). And you would think this was my bad, but 80% of the orders were chicken, so can someone tell me how hard is it to start serving out dinner???? We weren't too happy with the food's taste or presentation either. I wasn't happy with our cake either. We order fresh flowers to decorate the cake and the baker didn't do a professional job putting the flowers on the cake (believe me, I took 4 Wilton Cake Decorating Classes!). I also specified to the baker what layers were what a flavor (drawing and everything) and the woman got them backwards!!!!! Anyhow, it took DH and I a good two hours to let our hair down and enjoy the reception. At the end of the night, everyone had a good time and told us how beautiful the wedding was. Isn't that what counts right? ;-)

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

Isla Bonita, Things have a way of going slightly awry but they still turn out beautiful. At our wedding the limo was late and so we were late to the ceremony and it all went off schedule. The cake looked nothing like I wanted it to. One of DH's relative complained about getting food late and most of our guests left after the speeches, so we didn't really get to visit with them but everyone tells my mom how wonderful it was and I had fun and a great honeymoon. :)

Your pics are fabulous. The colours are so strong and your gown is beautiful. hank you for sharing.
That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Innocent

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

Thanks Brownegirl and sorry to hear you had a few mishaps! But as your geusts said, I'm sure you had a wonderful wedding! Looking back, things went relatively well giving that we had to organize everything long distant! And btw, are we seeing any photos of your wedding some time? ;-)

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 9:40 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

I hope to be able to put some up soon. Unfortunately, I have to wait on the pics from the photographer because I didn't to have one of my friends take pictures with my camera. :( I have some before the ceremony in my gown though and I hope to upload them to facebook soon.
That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Innocent

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

Wow, you are so pretty!! It looked like a great time-everyone looked soooo happy!

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

-Dr Seuss

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: deansbride

Thank you deansbride!!!! And I see you ot married in WI. I went to UW-Madison nfor rad school and totally missed WI =-( I hope you had a great time at your wedding as well!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 27, 2012 11:21 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1860 is just $409.99.

Alice151 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/8/13
Posted: Jan 8, 2013 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

I love your post! It was awesome. Thanks for sharing your pics with us. :)
http://www.weddingspeeches4me.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine