i want a pin stripe dress, what do think?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

acwilde Posts : 13 Registered: 7/25/09
i want a pin stripe dress, what do think?
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:26 AM

i want to have a very basic dress, that is white, with black pin stripes, and would love for my groom to wear a charcoal suit with white pin stripes. i would also like my bridesmaide dresses to be pinstriped, but blue with silver pinstripes, weeing as these are my theme colours for the wedding.
i want a pinstripe dress, with a steal blue ribbon at the waist, and my groom to have a steal blue tie to match.
i have been trying to find pictures online, but haven't been able to. i guess nobody wears pinstripe dresses to their own wedding.
is it because it is an awful idea?
imagine either of these dresses with pinstripes...and with blue instead of red...
Wedding Dresses: Jessica McClintock Berry Beautiful A berry satin ribbon adds a playfulWedding Dresses: Watters Brides Floral Fantasy Whimsical crystal embellished ribbon

nejnej261 Posts : 68 Registered: 5/20/08
Re: i want a pin stripe dress, what do think?
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: acwilde

I searched for a bit and did not find any pictures of a pinstriped wedding dress. There was one pinstriped dress I found that could be a wedding dress but it has a black bow, pic below. I do like the first dress you posted and I think it has the pinstripe feel without the actual pinstripes. If the rest of the wedding party has pinstripes it might be overload for you to have them anyway. If you really have your heart set on the pinstripes you can have a dress custom made.

acwilde Posts : 13 Registered: 7/25/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: nejnej261

thank you for that.
i am actually having my dress custom made. two of my aunts are proffessional seamstresses and have offered to make all of the dresses as a wedding gift.
i think you might be right about the overload, but i would still prefer to have a pinstripe dress. maybe go with solid colours for the bridesmaids then?

nejnej261 Posts : 68 Registered: 5/20/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

That is awesome that you can have them make you something that you really want! I think your dress will stand out more if the other girls are not in pinstripes but that is a matter of opinion. It would be cute to get them pinstripe shoes or something to accent though.

jbear Posts : 73 Registered: 9/18/06
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: nejnej261

hmm. yeah, i kind of agree that for everyone to be in pinstripes could be overwhelming. however, it also could look really cool, so who knows?? it's hard to imagine things like that when you can't find pictures.

this is the best i could find:

http://weddinginspirationblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/pinstripe-wedding.html

i do think it would look great if you had the groom and the whole bridal party wear them, and you wore something more basic. it could even be something in a pinstriped or other fun pattern, but just one color, so it's not too much. i realize this isn't pinstriped at all, but maybe something with an interesting pattern like this dress? i love pinstripes and polka dots together, for some reason i just think it looks awesome.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/viewBride.aspx?page=1&Id=5634

jbear Posts : 73 Registered: 9/18/06
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: jbear

ooohhh yeah, solid dresses for them with pinstriped shoes would be so cute!

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: acwilde

Beautiful, high quality striped ribbon is easy enough to find. It could be used to wrap bouquets, make bows for shoes, make headbands or wrap chignons for maids, or be used as a sash to accent the waist of a solid-color dress. Groomsmen could wear striped ties, of course, even if they wear solid suits or tuxes. And you could carry out your look with striped table linens. I can send you pictures of some of these ideas--just contact me through my website.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 4:42 AM Go to message in response to: acwilde

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45681.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine