Post Your Wedding Colors & Themes

Online Users: 1,232 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 67

BtownBride2010 Posts : 17 Registered: 2/22/09
Post Your Wedding Colors & Themes
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 11:47 AM

So I was wondering what everyone else was doing for their wedding as of wedding colors and if they are having a wedding theme. So if you could post all your wedding colors and themes and ideas.
Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker

~ BtownBride2010 ~

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Re: Post Your Wedding Colors & Themes
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

Hello. Our theme was victorian and the colors were victorian lilac (or lavender depended on the designer), silver, and ivory. Here are some pictures!

l_5ba6bcda3fd54b078cd9725729f56d53.jpg image by Nessabear615 l_b8bd532e6a9043c48a95c172758dc586.jpg image by Nessabear615 l_eb696c275e97476c85037da18b87dc5c.jpg image by Nessabear615 DSCN0373.jpg image by Nessabear615

mrosev14 Posts : 5 Registered: 8/14/07
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

I am either going to do midnight blue and hot pink, or white and teal. I am having a beach wedding at sunset--what are your thoughts?

cldeross Posts : 113 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: mrosev14

Our theme is, ready? A Wiccan, mountain, nature, kind of gothic, mostly woodsy elegant wedding. Our colors are brown, green, Blood red and pink.......

Thank goodness for our wedding planner!!!!

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Wow I love the woodsy wiccan gothicy wedding. I saw the greatest dress on Say Yes to the Dress for that. It was all leavy and flowery and cool!!

I think it was this one

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Love the gothic woodsy theme :)

I'm having a fall themed wedding. I will decorate the place with fall leaves, mums, pumpkins, and gourds. My colors at the moment are truffle, latte, and gold.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

nejnej261 Posts : 68 Registered: 5/20/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Did you see the say yes to the dress episode with the girl looking for a dress that would look good with fairy wings? She was doing a wiccan themed wedding. It sounded really awesome.

We are using sage green and ivory as our colors with a claddagh theme....and a few accent shamrocks.

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

My wedding was in May, and I always love to see everyone's pics.. so here are a few of mine. I used my DH's family crest to come up with a "logo". I used that on the favors, menu cards, invites, and other stuff. We tried to keep everything about "us". We used a lot of photos to make things personal, and our wedding was outside in front of dog statues, because we love our dog! We made most of our stuff DIY, to keep it personal. And our favors were coffee mugs.
Our colors were purple and silver.
photo
photo
photo

photo

photo

photo
photo

photo
photo

mrosev14 Posts : 5 Registered: 8/14/07
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: nejnej261

Sage and ivory sound beautiful together.

Hotari Posts : 51 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: mrosev14

We are doing a Margaritaville/Island theme, FH and I are both parrot heads. Our colors are turquoise and green and of course our signature drink is going to be margaritas.

Proud member of P.O.O.P People Offended by Offended People

wedding website

VermontFutureMrs Posts : 34 Registered: 1/6/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

I think I'm going with deep Red and Black.

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: VermontFutureMrs

Mine are yellow with pink and lime green accents. And probably a little bit of orange here and there maybe in their bouquets. Since I'm having gerber daisies for their bouquets I'm actually considering incorporating the daisies into different parts of the wedding as sort of what you can call a theme I guess. They're just such big, happy flowers that its perfect for my july wedding. My only concern is not to make my wedding look like someone threw up daisies all over the place lol. I dont want to overdo it.

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 11:46 PM Go to message in response to: nejnej261

P.S. sage green and ivory sound amazing together. I was seriously considering something like that when we had planned for a fall wedding instead of summer. Fall is just a gooorgeous season to get married in!!

CoutureBride27 Posts : 130 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 4:54 AM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

Our wedding colours:

Dark Chocolate Brown - Light Turqoise Blue - Pure White with LOTS of sparkles : )

Theme is basically:

Fun, Glitzy and Fabulous

To envision think of the red-carpet events held today, but with vintage glamour incorporated! It's so much fun to do the modern with antique twist. Have to find just the right balance otherwise it will look like a halloween party.

Cherish all your happy moments:  they make a fine cushion for old age.

**Christopher Morley**

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

wow! everyone's ideas are so unique and interesting! it's crazy how many variations there are out there for weddings these days!

Our colors are slate blue (silvery navy, but a little lighter), canary yellow and ivory... we don't really have a theme... but we are having a very small/intimate/elegant friday evening wedding at a secluded vineyard and then the following evening we are having a huge reception in my parents' back yard. it's kind of the best of both worlds, really! the ceremony will be all about romance, and the reception will be all about fun! we are serving wine and appetizers after the ceremony and then the reception will be catered buffet style with really amazing bbq style food. one of my friends is an acoustic guitarist, so she will be playing during and after the ceremony, so it should have a pretty 'chill' feel. for the reception, we have booked my high school history teacher's classic rock/country band (it's not as bad as it sounds!!! haha)--they are SUPER good and know how to entertain a party! sooooo excited!!

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine