Worst week ever!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

cldeross Posts : 113 Registered: 6/24/09
Worst week ever!!!
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 1:18 PM

Is it in the air??? Is anyone else having the worst week ever???

First we borrowed my brothers boat to go to Lake Mead. The wind picked up really bad and the waves got to almost 5 feet. In a panic to get the kids off the little island we were on some of the men decided to load up the boat and head for shore. My stepfather and 14 year old stepson made it about 100 yards off shore when we saw my son fall into the water. A few seconds later we saw the boat completely flip over. Thankfully my son was wearing a life jacket and my fiance was able to get to him and stepfather with the other boat. No one was hurt....But we completely ruined my brothers boat (his baby)

Then we get the call that my mother in law to be has been diagnosed with leukemia (AML), plus they have found a blood clot in her lung. She was taken to Salt Lake City Utah to start chemotherapy immediately.....

Last night, during the kids State Championship BMX race, my fiance gets the call that his job has just burned to the ground.... I don't want to jinx my family, but what else can go wrong???

By the way daughter came in first place at the race and son came in second!!!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Re: Worst week ever!!!
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

yup! **hugs** My "baby" cousin (she's 20) has been taken to the ER by ambulance TWICE this week for asthma! And my friend's Gma passed today. And we found out my best friend's dad is not doing well (his lungs are working at 40% capacity) and it's getting to be too much!
BTW--Is AML the rare leukemia? If so it's the kind my mom has too. Hers isn't genetic, and the Gleevac's working for her so for now that's a blessing!
Feel free to let out a good scream, and some tears too! I feel a bit better after that!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 2:14 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Oh Wow! You are having a bad weekend! I'm so sorry! What will your fiance do about his job? My new husband just went back to work after being out of work for six months. I hope everything works out!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Omg that is just awful!!! I hope this week turns out better for you. His joib burned to the ground?! So he doesn't have a job now? :( I am glad no one got hurt on that boat incident and I hope your MIL turns out to be ok.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Sorry Cideross--didn't see that the first time I read your post! His job burned to the ground?! What kind of work did he do? Hopefully he's eligible for unemployment til he can find something! I thought I was having a crappy week--yours for sure takes the cake! Mine's starting to turn around--an old friend just had her baby! Hopefully yours turns around soon too!

AngeArmani Posts : 56 Registered: 3/29/09
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

wow, I'm sending you positive karma...

All the best,
Angela Armani

My very own personal blog! It's all about cake toppers! weird huh?

http://ultimateweddingtopperguide.blogspot.com/

Please do! I'm interested in your thoughts!
Laughing

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

cldeross:I hope things get better for your FH and the job situation and that your FMIL is ok.

I've had a couple bad events this weekend as well. Saturday night, my FFIL was asleep in the recliner and all of a sudden he coughed and his fistula bursts. (fyi, it's a vein in his wrist that's been re-directed for the kidney dialysis machine to be hooked up) So since it's under immense pressure, it starts shooting blood everywhere. The poor house looked like a crime scene, furniture, walls, even the ceiling. FH and FMIL rushed him to the VA where they bandaged it since there was no surgeon there until today and sent him home. About 2:30 am, it happened again. Needless to say, he's been admitted until they can repair the vein.

Then last night, FH and I noticed that our roof has started to leak...again. We just fixed the thing last year, or so we thought after replacing the deck and putting a whole new roof underneath. I hate my house, it's the frickin money pit.

nejnej261 Posts : 68 Registered: 5/20/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Oh my goodness that really is the worst week ever! I have been completely stressed about wedding stuff so I thought I was having a bad week but it really does not compare to what you have been through. I am so glad no one was hurt in the boating accident, that is horrific!

I am sorry to hear about your FMIL's cancer diagnosis. Cancer has a impact on every person in the family. I will keep her in my thoughts and hopefully the chemotherapy will do it's thing!

Hopefully things will start to look up for you and your family.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDeLouis

Thank you all so much for the kind words. I tend to be a very rational person so this is how we are looking at everything.

The boat accident was right up my families ally. That is the kind of thing that always happens to us... Some crazy accident but no one gets hurt... We got the boat out of the water and believe it or not it still runs...Just needs work.. It will look better than before the accident.

My MIL is VERY over weight (400 pounds) and has diabetes so we are hoping that this will give her a whole new since of her mortality and get her back to working on her health. A few months ago she was doing awesome. She started to go to the college pool and workout but she started to have breathing problems, which we now know is due to the blood clot. We are leaving for Salt Lake tomorrow to be with her while she goes through Chemo. We are very hopeful that she will beat this. And since FH job burned down, we have the time to be with her.

About FH job, well, luckly he works in construction. None of the Heavy Equipment was damaged which is good. The fire started in the office next to tiers and the fire was mostly contained in the cieling. So most of the damage is from water.Also, the next door office owner has two insurances so everything will be covered. Also, with business being so bad in construction this will give them some work, LOL. My FH is V.P. of the company so the owner and himself are there now with the fire marshal and inspector. They wanted a new office so again, it will look better than before the accident....

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Care, you know I have never even heard of this kind of cancer but my stepdaughter did some research on the computer about it the other night. We thought it might help her if she know a little about it and she found out that only around 1.2% of cancer deaths are attributed to AML. So we are being very optimistic...

DeLouis, Are you kidding? The vain burst? That would freak me out...Peroxide gets blood out, lol. Wow, I hope he is doing better. Dialysis is tough....
I hope you got a warranty on the new roof cuz I don't think that sound right for a new roof to be leaking. Sometimes I miss renting a house, before all I had to do was call the landlord to fix a problem now it's up to us.....

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Nope, not kidding. The cantankerous old guy actually was worried about cleaning up the house too instead of getting to the hospital to take care of the hole in his wrist. Sure freaked him out, woke him up from a dead sleep.
Warranty, lol! Yeah, that's FH and me getting back out there and taking the deck boards back up to patch the roof. I wish we could have afforded to have someone put the thing on and get a warranty. :) We're DIY all the way! But damn, a new plywood decking, tar and the rolled roofing, and the deck boards on top of that. Not happy.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 9:25 AM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Yes, AML deaths are rare! Gleevac is the usual drug of choice and it worked wonders for my mom! She still has to have blood work done frequently and may occassionally need a transfusion but so far so good! (3 years now) The only true "cure" is a bone marrow transplant and luckily we're not to that point yet! So I wish her the best of luck!

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

They just mentioned about the possibility of a bone marrow transplant yesterday.....

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 7:07 AM Go to message in response to: cldeross

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

A-line Gold Halter Sweetheart Drape Beaded Open Back Prom Dress With Sweep Train
Save up to 16% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $168.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-halter-sweetheart-drape-beaded-open-back-prom-dress-with-sweep-train-p-31800.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine