Bridezillas The Show

Online Users: 1,356 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 32

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Bridezillas The Show
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 4:18 PM

Does anyone watch this show besides me? I am wondering if women really behave this way or is it all made up? I know it is normal to get a little freaky when you are a bride, but these women are out of control! I'm addicted to watching it though... it's like watching a train wreck I suppose.

Anyone else?

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Bridezillas The Show
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 4:58 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

Dear FE,

" I am wondering if women really behave this way or is it all made up?"

Reality shows are boring if they only feature regular, well-adjusted polite people. The producers want drama, so they go out and find Drama Queens (and Kings) and ask them to be filmed.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

From what I've heard, and read, the women are told to behave in an outrageous manner and are even compensated for it.

From WETV.com:

Do you or someone you know think you have what it takes to be on America's top-rated wedding show - "Bridezillas"!? We are already casting for the next season of the show. BRIDES WILL RECEIVE $2500 AND A FREE WEDDING VIDEO!! Click here for details.

So, I believe that the women are naturally drama queens/attention seekers but I do believe that some of the show is just acting outrageous. I suppose $2500 and a wedding video is worth having people think you are crazy.

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Come see our wedding website!

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Yes, I also read that the brizezillas get $2,500 but that doesn't seem like a lot considering that most of them seem to go WAY over budget! Yikes!

www.bride-whisperer.com

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

Yeah we don't get the show here but I watched it when we were on vacation--I couldn't believe the way people were acting! (Like the one from WI who had the cop come "rescue" her from the guy SHE was exhibiting road rage towards!) And the one who made her FMIL box her! And burned the shoes! I was dying laughing til I realized these people may actually be like this!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

BlushingBridezi... Posts : 99 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

I will never forget that one crazy overweight redneck bride who went to the bar for her bachelorette party and some girl there bought her a celebratory shot. The bridezilla then drank part of the shot and decided to spit the rest out in front of the girl and then complain about how bad it was. She cursed the poor girl out and everything. After being insulted, the nice girl then left the bar, and then the bridezilla left out behind her still insulting her. And on top it off ...the bridezilla said the poor girl was following her so she could try to get on television. It was clear that the girl was not following the bride bc the bride left the bar AFTER the poor nice girl...so the bridezilla was actually following her. She then decided to kick the poor girl and then say, "Fat girls don't get down like that...we get 'dirty dirty'!" CLASSIC...LOL.

That show is a mess, but sadly I watch it from time to time....meanwhile my FH cringes.
-The Blushing Bride

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 9:34 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

For a lot of reality shows, there is a lot of acting. Or moments will be "re-done" with more drama. They'll also cut and edit things out and in to make it look more dramatic. Not exactly sure about bridezillas, but along with what I think it was AOTB posted, I'm sure they do a lot of editing.

My favorite bridezilla was this girl was over 30, yet needed her hand held for everything! She chipped a tooth before her wedding and it was replaced, only to chip again a couple of days later! She was crying when her hubby and mom wouldn't go with her to the dentist. Then I think this was her too, if not it was another one, but they planned an outdoor wedding with no backup place if it rained..it took place in April in New Jersey! Well it rained, and the ceremony was on a porch of what looked like a B&B, but bigger because it had a ball room. The background was the parking lot! Classic - that's what they get when they become bridezillas!

JayKayinlove Posts : 33 Registered: 1/22/09
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

honey my mother makes wedding cakes and yes their are really women like this out there. one woman came into the bakery to see the bridal shower cake her aunt had made for her for her SHOWER she was throwing the woman and called the aunt in the middle of the crowded shop and cussed her aunt out loudly for getting her a Quote tacky cake then had the decoraters remake the cake

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

At first my new husband cringed too.. but now he watches it with me! I think he is hooked too!

www.bride-whisperer.com

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

I get cracked up when the bridezilla finally starts to cry at the rehearsal dinner or on the day of her wedding. It's like they have been a major bitch the whole time and then they finally break down and are like, "Poor me! Why is everyone treating me like this?" I must be sick and twisted to think that is funny. Oh MY!

www.bride-whisperer.com

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: JayKayinlove

There is just no excuse for acting that way! I can't believe family members actually put up with it! And the grooms! What about the grooms? These men must be the passive type or they would never be with such women.

I went through all the normal emotions of being a bride... sad.. happy... scared... stressed. But I never yelled at anyone or was mean or abusive. I did break down and cry the night before my wedding because my Rottweiler peed on my sister's hard wood floors. I am not sure what that was about. ha ha!

www.bride-whisperer.com

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

It's actually one of my favorite shows! This season is a little more "fake" than others.

My husband found this article that is very timely in this discussion, ha ha!

http://www.courant.com/news/weird/witi-090802-bridezilla-jail,0,5531715.story

cldeross Posts : 113 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Steff I just read that artical and HA ha, I knew it had to be fake. How can anyone be that crazy, LOL. Her wedding was the best though cuz the whole candy buffet and everything. She was late to her own wedding.

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Honestly, I don't think Karee was acting on the show. I think she realized how bad she looked and is trying to cover her ass and extend her 15 minutes of fame.

If she wasn't like that and such a nice person - why was she on probation/parole in the first place?

I love the show. I am sure it is played up and edited to make them look worse. But I think there are absolutely girls like this out there.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

DJLeo I saw the onei n NJ in April. That place is actually a GORGEOUS place right by the beach but what a site watching them get married on the porch w/ a road in the background. So weird. I know when I was planning my wedding, I did not want ANYTHING outside in NJ b/c it is ALWAYS so iffy here. Especially in April!! It could be 85 or it could be 20. In 2 consecutive days!

I watch it sometimes when nothing else is on. The fakeness is ridiculous. This one chick smashed the centerpiece in a driveway and cursed everyone out all the time. Who does that!? Not any sane person I know.

It used to be a good show when it was little known and it was more about fancy weddings and brides going crazy over budget. Now it got too white trash for me...

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine