Looking for Unique Wedding Favors

Online Users: 1,244 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 16

Kimbally Posts : 3 Registered: 6/5/09
Looking for Unique Wedding Favors
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 9:57 AM

I am looking for unique wedding favors...something that is hard to find. I don't want just anything, but I have no idea what to get. Something fun yet classy. Any ideas?

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Re: Looking for Unique Wedding Favors
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: Kimbally

We are giving a half size bottle of wine with personalized labels and a star fish wine stopper (we have a star fish thing.....). I think its unique and something people can use.
wedding tickers

Kimbally Posts : 3 Registered: 6/5/09
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: starfish701

That sounds like a great idea! I love it! I've heard that you can imprint things onto glass. Have you considered doing this instead of printing labels?

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: Kimbally

That sounds pretty but may be a budget breaker. Plus we are going to keep a few labels for a scrap book.
wedding tickers

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: Kimbally

dear Kimbally,

Just my 2-cents: I like favors that are consumable. I can take them home, give them to the kids or enjoy them the next day, then they are gone!

I get a nice little gift from the newlyweds without having something clutter up my house forever.Wine, candy, personalized chocolate bars, strawberry jam are examples of nice favors I have received in recent years.

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I agree with the no clutter. I got a fondue kit once. I don't really see myself making fondue so it went to Goodwill.
wedding tickers

IslaBonitaBride Posts : 82 Registered: 2/4/09
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: Kimbally

I had a twist on the candy bar concept. I had a table with an array of candies and pastries typical of our DW location. I had little take-out pastry boxes that I decorated with our monogram and wedding color scheme and it was a total hit. The presentation was also very pretty with white porcelain cake pedestals and huge white porcelain square platters.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: Kimbally

You could always make something yourself. But try this website:

http://www.thefavorboutique.com/

Maybe you will find something unique there :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: Kimbally

One of the best favors I ever received was a slice of wedding cake that came preboxed so that I could take it home at the end of the night.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Dear Mrs P,

"One of the best favors I ever received was a slice of wedding cake that came preboxed so that I could take it home at the end of the night."

That is a very old custom. Did you know that the single girls are supposed to take the boxed cake and put it under their pillows that night? They will dream about their future husband.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I did not know that but if I was a single girl leaving a wedding, I wouldn't put the cake under my pillow, I'd probably go home and scarf it down...

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 6:47 PM Go to message in response to: Kimbally

We made CDs with music we love and are playing at the reception for our favors. Our names/date/logo/playlist are engraved on the top of each one (light scribe rocks!)

Course, I'm still a little under 2 months off, so I can't tell you how our guests like them.

I'm one who does NOT like food gifts for any reason.

Misty

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Dear Misty,

"We made CDs with music we love and are playing at the reception for our favors."

I went to a wedding some years back where the couple did just that. My husband and I listened to the CD on the six-hour drive back home. We really enjoy it!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Cat, we did homemade CDs too. Actually, for our Christmas wedding, we did little mini-stockings that we found at The Christmas Tree Shop, and filled each one with a music CD, and a homemade gingerbread cookie that said "don and kelley" in icing on the tummies lol. My sister in law and I spent the day in her kitchen making them together (shes a baker ,thats what she does for a living.) My mom went around with a big basket filled with our favors toward the end of the night and passed them out to everyone, sort of like Santa. It was really cute. We put a great mix of old jazz, standards, love songs, a few Christmas tunes, and all the songs from the formal parts of the wedding (first dance etc) on the Cds. We STILL get comments from our guests on how much they loved the favors. Actually, when I went to mom and dads house last month to visit, my aunt came over and before she left, she said "I still have your wedding CD in my car, I playit all the time. I love it!" And when I went to my freinds house awhile back, she had it on in the background. Very happy to hear people genuinely liked it.

Our placecards also doubled as yet another favor too lol. We found such a great deal I couldnt pass them up, they were so cute. We got these little toy soldier ornaments and put them on a Christmas tree in the lobby , hung by tags with guests names on them. So everyone got to find their ornament on the tree, then take it home. I went a little overboard with the favors lol. I just loved doing those little things for my guests, it was so much fun.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

JessicaLeeCA Posts : 10 Registered: 7/29/09
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 8:01 PM Go to message in response to: Kimbally

My fiance wants to make our personal wedding CD and a matching T-shirt. I was like UGH. I wanted personalized wine bottles, but since I've been my way getting with all the wedding details. I decided to let him have the wedding favors.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine