MODERN BRIDES OF THE WORLD UNITE - VOTE FOR ME!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 238

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Re: MODERN BRIDES OF THE WORLD UNITE - VOTE FOR ME!
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 7:26 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Good Point! The environmental link is another huge issue of debate....there are some very interesting things to learn about that area of concern. It's worth reading about....don't get me started on it though, I could be here all night. I'll just say this....As this world starts getting "cleaner" i.e. sterilizers, sanitizers and harsh cleansers, we are seeminly getting more sick. When I was young I was allowed to get dirty and not be super sanitized and thus I got sick, but my body was able to build up the immunity to fight back against these viruses ....today children are never "allowed" to get sick, so they lack the ability to fight hard against things when they do. It really is a shame....let your kids go out and play in the dirt, it won't kill them!!

cldeross Posts : 113 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

I can not agree with you more on the above comment. Children do NEED to get outside and get dirty. So many people are so afraid of germs that they become obsessed with these new "sanitizers". I guess they are not thinking about all the GOOD germs that also get killed by these products.

My son is 4 years old now, and in no way does the Autism diagnosis fit him. When he was released from his school this past April his teacher said to me, "There is nothing else I can teach him. He is more prepare for first grade than most 5 year olds." During his last set of testing we were told that he scored in the top 99% for his age group. Plus his cognitive ability is incredible for such a little man.... But, all mom's out there love to brag about how smart there kids are, LOL.

With all the time we have spent dealing with his condition the Autism was ruled out long ago, thankfully.

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

yes, kids DO need to get out and get dirty! Actually keeps them from developing some allergies and issues later on! (Otherwise they turn out like me--sick ALL the time!)

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Tobi - Sorry about the Google oops. I'm a huuuuuge otter fan. In fact I always wanted to own one. Well, I didn't want to own it like Paris Hilton owns animals. We lived at one time near a huge lake/stream so I thought I could just teach one to be friendly, yet still wild. Then I learned how vicious they are when not being so darn cute. They can eat your freaking face off!

In regards to Autism, one of my younger cousins has it as well as one of DH's younger cousins. Both of their cases are quite severe. I first heard about the vaccine/Autism lisk from Jenny McCarthy. Her son has it and she speaks out against it all the time. I also am aware of a rumor that flouride was linked to cancer so kids stopped receiving flouride treatments in school. DUMB! Then explain why at the age of 27 have I been given pure freaking flouride toothpaste from my dentist to treat my teeth.

I'm not discounting any person's disease, etc. However, people are too damn sue happy. Last year when I sought my doctor's help for smoking cessation, she gave me a Rx for Chantrix (sp?) All it did was take the edge off of cravings etc. I thought it was a cool pill for people to quit smoking. I know at least 10 people who took it.

Well, a friend of DH asked me the other day if I was joining the lawsuit against the makers of Chantrix. Lawyers are trying to get a class action lawsuit going. I Googled it. I saw the symtoms. Depressed? Hell yes I was depressed. I was breaking a HABIT! Abnormal behavior? Yes. I was a bitch. Wait. Define abnormal. So, I told Friend A that I really didn't suffer from the symptoms. He said "Neither did I, but if they get money, I have proof of an Rx so I want in."
Happiness is you MIL's face on a milk carton.

wedding ticker 

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 9:43 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Ugh, I saw the word fluoride in this post and the wheels in my head start turning.

Did you know that fluoride is in rat poison? Some states want to put fluoride in their drinking water. Some states already put fluoride in the water. They want to put it in there because it helps your teeth. Fluoride may be good for teeth but it isn't good to be drinking or ingesting. Can you tell I am not a fan of it? I don't use toothpaste that has fluoride in it and I filter my water because New Jersey has fluoride in their water. There are places that have fluoride that naturally occurs in the water.

I personally don't like it and have no wish to have anything to do with it. That's just me though.

wedding count down

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: TattooedStarlit

Tattoo- If you want to be flouride free, I will support you. My $500 crown and I are pro-flouride for right now. I can see why it's important not to ingest it via water. It says specifically on the toothpaste label "DO NOT INGEST. Symptoms include........."
Happiness is you MIL's face on a milk carton.

wedding ticker 

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush- I hope you don't think I'm talking down about anyone who is pro-fluoride. If I was coming off that way, I apologize. I just get a little crazy when I think of things I don't like. :/

wedding count down

BrideFirstLawye... Posts : 25 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: TattooedStarlit

Hello Ladies!

The OP has returned! Ha Ha, apparently while I was MIA, I inadvertantly started a mini war amoungst members!

I literally just finished taking the bar exam in California yesterday, hence why I was MIA for about 2 1/2 weeks. I literally started freaking out and studied 12 hours a day. I hadn't checked my email for so long and today when I checked it, lo and behold, I had over 200 "watch list" posts from my thread!

So I literally scanned through all the posts and couldn't help but laugh to see that all this stemmed from my original posts! I feel so notorious!

Anywho, an update on the contest -

I didn't make it to the top ten unfortunately. However I was so freaked about the bar exam I didnt have time to sulk about it. The top 5 get a free trip to NYC, where they compete for who will actually win. I was bummed about the free trip to NYC part, because my sis and FH's family is from there and I had planned to visit them if I had made it. Oh well......for a consolation prize they will use pics of my wedding/honeymoon in the "real weddings" part of their magazine - once I get married anyway......

As of right now, I am packing up my belongings and moving back home from San Diego to Pasadena, CA., so I might be MIA for awhile during the transition.

However, this forum is definitely fun to post on and read, so I will definitely be around more after I get settled in. Now the fun part starts - looking for a job before the government comes a'knocking for student loan repayments! Anyone looking for their own personal jester?

Take care ladies!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

Hi! Welcome back. I do hope that you kicked it and kicked it hard on the Bar, passing with flying colors.

And thank you also for your update on your status in the contest. I am sorry you didn't make the top 5, but congrats on top 10!

So how is your event planning going now?

Misty

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

Congrats on being done with the bar! Go celebrate! (Especially if you took the California -- that's a rough one!)

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

CONGRATS on finishing the bar exam!!! That's a killer like nothing else really. And welcome back.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 3:40 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Hi hi!

So Im pretty much unpacked and completely de-stressed post bar. Regarding wedding plans, so far I've talked to a photographer to do an engagement session and will prob take them in early-mid October. His work is amazing (truephotographyweddings.com) for anyone in the S. Cal region looking for a photog. Although I would ideally want to use him as my wedding photog, we are having the wedding in Maui and I would like to see if I can find a good photog there so that I don't have to pay to fly the SD photog out.

Besides, that, my mom and I are going to get one of those huge wedding books/folders tomorrow so that I can really get down to it.

Also, I have WAY too many bridesmaids (11)! However there's no way around it. They are each there for a reason, so I'll just have to accept that I will have alot of girls in the wedding party. I think there are 8-9 groomsmen.

I've also been thinking about colors......So far I like cream, white, pale yellow, and other shades of yellow. In my mind, it looks soft, simple and elegant for a beach themed wedding. Moreover, my bridesmaids skintones are all different colors (black, asain, indian, white) so I think the different shades of yellow seem to blend well across the board.

So thats it soo far. Just a skeleton of a wedding really......any comments/suggestions are welcome! I am trying to keep the stress under control of finding a job/planning a wedding, but I'm completely a control freak and OCD, so we'll see how that goes.

How is everyone elses lives going?

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 3:40 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Hi hi!

So Im pretty much unpacked and completely de-stressed post bar. Regarding wedding plans, so far I've talked to a photographer to do an engagement session and will prob take them in early-mid October. His work is amazing (truephotographyweddings.com) for anyone in the S. Cal region looking for a photog. Although I would ideally want to use him as my wedding photog, we are having the wedding in Maui and I would like to see if I can find a good photog there so that I don't have to pay to fly the SD photog out.

Besides, that, my mom and I are going to get one of those huge wedding books/folders tomorrow so that I can really get down to it.

Also, I have WAY too many bridesmaids (11)! However there's no way around it. They are each there for a reason, so I'll just have to accept that I will have alot of girls in the wedding party. I think there are 8-9 groomsmen.

I've also been thinking about colors......So far I like cream, white, pale yellow, and other shades of yellow. In my mind, it looks soft, simple and elegant for a beach themed wedding. Moreover, my bridesmaids skintones are all different colors (black, asain, indian, white) so I think the different shades of yellow seem to blend well across the board.

So thats it soo far. Just a skeleton of a wedding really......any comments/suggestions are welcome! I am trying to keep the stress under control of finding a job/planning a wedding, but I'm completely a control freak and OCD, so we'll see how that goes.

How is everyone elses lives going?

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:54 AM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1857 is just $369.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine