alterations look awful

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

CBM09 Posts : 121 Registered: 3/7/08
alterations look awful
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 10:48 PM

My wedding is in 2 weeks and I just went in for my 2nd fitting. The first fitting the back wasnt laying right so they were going to take it in by the zipper. When i get there tonight they put two darts right down the back! They are sticking out majorly! So they are going to try for the third time to get it right and hopefully it works cause I cant pick it up until 3 days before the wedding! I guess this is more of a vent than looking for advice:(

CoutureBride27 Posts : 130 Registered: 5/5/09
Re: alterations look awful
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 7:29 AM Go to message in response to: CBM09

Hi, it seems like the seamstress doesn't really know what she/he is doing!! Is it really worth taking any further chances with them? Can you not take it to someone else to try and fix it?!

Good luck and sorry to hear that you're having such a bad time, really hope it turns around for you!
: )

Cherish all your happy moments:  they make a fine cushion for old age.

**Christopher Morley**

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Re: alterations look awful
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 11:05 AM Go to message in response to: CBM09

I agree with Couture. I wouldn't take anymore chances with this seamstress. I would pick up your dress and take it to someone new. Your dress is something you've spent a lot of time looking for, spent a lot of money on, and invested a lot of emotion into. It shouldn't be ruined by bad alterations.

Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine