Budget

Online Users: 1,364 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

brittanylovesmi... Posts : 2 Registered: 7/28/09
Budget
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 10:26 PM

What is an acceptable budget for a new bride for the ceremony and reception... my mom and i are already fighting over a budget... i want a small wedding, less than 75 people and don't know where to start.

lrwahl Posts : 22 Registered: 7/28/09
Re: Budget
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 10:50 PM Go to message in response to: brittanylovesmi...

Well it depends on whether or not you want your reception catered or not, a dj, outdoor vs. indoor? I would start jotting down your ideas and what is important to you and your FH. After I had an idea of what I wanted, I started to call local vendors and shop around. That really helped me decide what was necessary and what wasn't. You can also find budget guides as well that will tell you the percentage of your budget that should go into the photographer, caterer, dress, etc. Good luck!
wedding website

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: brittanylovesmi...

Welcome and Congrats on your Engagement! Your budget is going totally depend on you and what you want for your wedding. Do you want a $3,000 dress or a $300 dress? Do you want a $3,000 cake or a $500 cake? Do you want elegant/classy or laid back/relaxing wedding? Everything really depends on what you are willing to pay and also what you can afford to pay. First figure out who is paying for you wedding, if it is just you and your FH look at your monthly income and see what you can afford to save and where cut backs can be made. If your parents or other relatives are contributing make note of what they plan to pay for (But also know when you have others paying for your wedding they will want to have say so in how they spend their money!) Also just because you want a small wedding (75 people) that doesn't mean the wedding will actually cost less. I have a $30k budget and I am having a destination wedding with approx 60 -70 people attending. I decided to go with an outside photographer which cost more than the hotel's photographer, I paid for my bridesmaids dresses (b/c they have to pay for hotel/traveling costs to be in my wedding), the dinner is $50 per person, etc. Everything depends on your taste, wants, but mainly what you can afford. However, you can definitely have a less expensive wedding for a small group of people and keep costs low. You just have to be more creative and research your ideas. Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Be Blessed!

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: brittanylovesmi...

I've heard that 50% of your overall budget should be put towards your venue/food/ceremony. Unfortuantely it's sometimes hard to stick to that rule...we just booked our venue/ceremony and it took about 75% of the budget, but it was our dream place so for us it was worth it. I think we may just have to bump our budget up a little bit more because of it though :) I think it just depends on the importance of that part of your wedding. Splurge a little more if you really find a place that you can't live without, and save if you feel that other aspects are more important to your day. It's hard to say an actual budget because I'm not sure what you guys can afford so just use your judgement and factor in more for what matters. Good Luck!

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 11:00 PM Go to message in response to: FutureSaunders

The most expensive part of your wedding is likely to be catering costs, which includes the food, drinks, seating, tableware/linens, servers, etc. So first figure out your vision--backyard BBQ wedding? Formal but small? At a hotel?--then start calling around to places that you are interested in, meet with their catering coordinators and get prices.

Probably the second most expensive part will be the photographer. So do the same with photographers. Get referrals, start calling around, meet with them, get prices.

Then you'll have the big numbers. From there it will be easier to start figuring out how much you're comfortable with spending on your dress, flowers, rings, invitations, the officiant, etc. Good luck.

preview image

SamnScott10 Posts : 14 Registered: 8/2/09
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 3:06 AM Go to message in response to: brittanylovesmi...

It all depends on what you want. I am just starting the planning process and I had no idea where to begin either. I just started email reception venues to get an idea of what their costs are. Depending on your area you can find just about any type of venue. Also get your entire guest list figured out now because that may make a difference where you host your reception and how much you have to spend on each person for meals and alcohol. You'd be surprised at the ways you can save once you start researching. It just depends on what is important. If the reception is most important, put more money towards it and less towards the invitations and flowers. Also my best advice is to avoid putting yourself in debt for your wedding. Get a second job or start a wedding fund but starting out your new life in the hole can really put a damper on your newlywed lifestyle.
wedding countdown

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: brittanylovesmi...

Pronovias Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-pronovias-c-420_473.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine