MODERN BRIDES OF THE WORLD UNITE - VOTE FOR ME!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 238

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Re: MODERN BRIDES OF THE WORLD UNITE - VOTE FOR ME!
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

I like this one....

Weasels like beer too

And here is a visual of what we have been doing in this forum for two days ;)

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Groundhogs are fatter.

I'd say otter since it looks wet.

wedding ticker

Wedding pics at www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

I can't see you picture. That is so unfair. I want to see too. I want to be a cool weasel too. I want to be with the cool kids.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Pretty sure it's a ground hog...they aren't always fat. I had one as a pet when I was little, and he looked just like that. We found Chuck abandoned as a baby, took him in and he stayed with us for about 2 years. Even slept with me! Then one day he just left......this is all bringing back sad memories :( Chuck was the best!

(I thought otter too at first, but there is a lack of tail...)

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

How come you can't see?? They're pretty cute pictures...too bad !

cldeross Posts : 113 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Thank you Woosta for the apology, if you work with children with special needs you understand that us mothers are VERY protective in that area. I tend to bring it up often cuz it is very sensitive to me.

My son has what is called an Aproxia and we just found out that my 12 step daughter is positive for the gene that causes Huntingtons disease, so times are tough.

Anyway, I will say that no matter how much Bull Shit you have been screaming (and it has been a lot of Bull Shit) you have held firm to your belief and for that I respect you...LOL You have a fierce tongue and I would love to have you on my team any day... Though if you don't mind I would prefer to keep you muzzled. LOL.....

And if you look you will see that I have mimicked you on other boards out of pure fun.... No harm meant...

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

Thank you Woosta for the apology, if you work with children with special needs you understand that us mothers are VERY protective in that area. I tend to bring it up often cuz it is very sensitive to me.

My son has what is called an Aproxia and we just found out that my 12 step daughter is positive for the gene that causes Huntingtons disease, so times are tough.

Anyway, I will say that no matter how much Bull Shit you have been screaming (and it has been a lot of Bull Shit) you have held firm to your belief and for that I respect you...LOL You have a fierce tongue and I would love to have you on my team any day... Though if you don't mind I would prefer to keep you muzzled. LOL.....

And if you look you will see that I have mimicked you on other boards out of pure fun.... No harm meant...

I completely understand. I honestly would never intentionally try to find humor in a disability...it was a misunderstanding, and a misjudgment on my part.
My Occupational Therapist has recently picked up a new client who also suffers from Apraxia (I'm assuming that is what you meant), and she is doing quite well with it. She sufferes from apraxia of speech, and also oculomotor apraxia (difficulty with eye movement) There is a wide variety of variations within this neurological disorder....do you know the specific area that your son fits in? When was he first diagnosed with it? Limb-kinetic and ideomotor are two of the more common (at least of what I have seen) diagnoses. Limb-kinetic basically affects fine motor skills, and precise movements with fingers, hands etc. Ideomotor is when an individual has trouble putting a motor command into action, i.e. pretend to brush your hair. How old is your son? If you don't already have him enroled in some sort of OT, or communication therapy (depending on what he needs more) you should give it a try. It honestly seems to be to be improving this girl's motor skills incredibly. Also, have some faith because finding the gene that CAN cause Huntington's Disease does not necessarily mean it will develop. Good luck with everything...stay strong.

If you'd like to see things as being BS, that's your perogative. Maybe in person it wouldn't have been so bad......computer communication doesn't make anything better, that's for sure. My grandmother would have been proud to hear that I have a fierce tongue...it's a quality that I hold dear...good thing she wasn't alive today, or she would have figured out a way to get on this computer and let you all have it, lol. My family likes to say that when she died her spirit jumped directly into my body..... Thanks Nana, you sure got me in trouble this time!!!

Keep your head up..

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Kenny, google "Bud Light Otter" and you will see her pic.

wedding ticker

Wedding pics at www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Well you can blame Google for my Weasel vs. Otter debacle. I googled Weasel and found it on the second page. I saw the bud light bottle and got all giddy - I didn't examine it close enough to make sure it actually was a weasel!!

And Mush, that otter picture is adorable. What a cute little face.

Member and Co-Founder of POOP:   "People Offended by Offended People"

Photobucket 

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

Me too...Google better brush up :)

cldeross Posts : 113 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

My son was first diagnosed with Autism when he was two years old because of his lack of communication skills. It was later changed to Apraxia of speech about three months later. He recieved weekly in home therapy from a speech therapist. When he was Three he was enrolled into a government funded school and it was at this school he learned his first word, Hot, which later became Ho. He is now four and has been dismissed from the program due to age. He is doing very well, though sometimes it can take up to 15 minutes for him so get out a sentence. People tend to treat him with little patients and people have called him retarded and stupid.

We tell my step daughter to be strong and tell her that though she has the gene she will not necessarily get the full disease. It is hard for her to believe us because her grandmother is in her early 50's and in a home. Plus with in the last year her mother is really starting to show signs of the illness. it is so prevalent in her family she has little hope, and it is a heavy load for a 12 year old girl and her brother who is 14.

Thank you for your positive words and understanding of these problems, not many people have heard of them.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

My son was first diagnosed with Autism when he was two years old because of his lack of communication skills. It was later changed to Apraxia of speech about three months later. He recieved weekly in home therapy from a speech therapist. When he was Three he was enrolled into a government funded school and it was at this school he learned his first word, Hot, which later became Ho. He is now four and has been dismissed from the program due to age. He is doing very well, though sometimes it can take up to 15 minutes for him so get out a sentence. People tend to treat him with little patients and people have called him retarded and stupid.

We tell my step daughter to be strong and tell her that though she has the gene she will not necessarily get the full disease. It is hard for her to believe us because her grandmother is in her early 50's and in a home. Plus with in the last year her mother is really starting to show signs of the illness. it is so prevalent in her family she has little hope, and it is a heavy load for a 12 year old girl and her brother who is 14.

Thank you for your positive words and understanding of these problems, not many people have heard of them.

Question...Did you get this diagnosis from a physician, or a psychologist? I ask because this disorder can often be confused with certain other ones. An initial diagnosis of autism seems likely due to the complex similarities between the two. I'm still curious about his diagnosis though because from what you've told me, non-verbal autism does seem something that may fit. 75% of the kids that I work with fall somewhere on the autism spectrum, so I spend the majority of my time dealing with that disorder. Was your son developing normally up until the age of 2? Did he receive any vaccinations around this time that he was diagnosed? The reason I ask is because there is an influx of children developing autism around the age of two, following a round of vaccinations. This is kind of a controversial subject right now, but the correlation between the two seems to be outstanding....I'm really big on the research of autism because of the epidemic that it has become in our country. Have you received a second opinion? How old is your son now? I'm sure that you feel comfortable with the diagnosis, but it's always good to get some other opinions, especially in cases like this.

Tell your daughter to keep her chin up, and take every day for what it is. Life hands us things that are out of our control, and the only way to get through them is to keep changing the things you can, and leaving behind the things you can't. I lived my life a long time forgetting to live by this philosophy, and I was miserable. It's very very hard to do, but it not only can help your mind, but also your body. It's awful to think of such a young girl having to think about such a big problem, but she has a long time before she would even see signs of the disease if in fact she develops it. She needs to enjoy life, and being a little girl!

Sounds like you have your hands full, but I'm sure you're doing a great job!

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Did he receive any vaccinations around this time that he was diagnosed? The reason I ask is because there is an influx of children developing autism around the age of two, following a round of vaccinations. This is kind of a controversial subject right now, but the correlation between the two seems to be outstanding....

Can you elaborate on this? I have a coworker with twin sons who are in the 2-3 yr age and one of them has been diagnosed with autism and is in therapy. I'd like to mention this to him but I would need more info like point me to some case studies or something like that.

Photobucket

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 7:11 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

Did he
receive any vaccinations around this time that he was diagnosed? The
reason I ask is because there is an influx of children developing
autism around the age of two, following a round of vaccinations. This
is kind of a controversial subject right now, but the correlation
between the two seems to be outstanding....

Tobi - Supposedly the perservative Thimersol, which has a mercury base component, has been linked to cause autism. Now it's been removed from almost all if not all vaccines because of the epidemiology based studies - i.e. studies that have no scientific basis in the sense of there's been no studies demonstrating HOW this is actually happening, i.e. mechanism of action. basically, people looked at the spike in autism diagnoses and it correlated with the use of thimersol. However, NOTHING else was taken into consideration like the fact that autism is recognized more and milder forms of autism are now diagnosed as such when before it wasn't. Other environmental factors haven't been examined.

(Just to explain further, an epidemiological study can be done in a scientific manner, but I'm referring to studies demonstrating HOW it's causing autism.)

I've seen the data and I'm not buying it yet, but people screamed about it so it's a moot point as it's being removed. Don't get me started on BPA in plastic.

The fact is, a number of years ago these scientists came out and said they had PROVEN that autism was linked to a bacteria in the intestine and that it was further linked to the vaccines - their data has turned out to be FALSE but a lot of that data is still used to further the vaccine debate.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

Sure!
There is form of autism known as regressive autism which is when a child develops normally up until the age of 18-24 months in which they then begin to actually lose skills already developed and fail to develop normally from that point on. This is the type of autism that has seen a shocking increase in the past 10 years. It is during the 18-24 month stage of a child's life where they tend to receive the biggest group of immunizations, and coincidentally this is when autism begins to develop. To explain it on a biological level, within our bodies we have what is knows as G proteins which are connected to our cell membrane receptors. These proteins are cellular proteins which help to control and regulate our senses; sound, sight, taste and touch. These proteins are found in clusters all over our body, including our brains. Specific vaccines contain something known as Pertussis Toxin, which in a sense 'turns off" our G proteins. The measels antibody, for example, causes cell to cell connection to be lost which causes uncontrolled cell growth which is necessary for natural development. Some common problems this can cause are the lack of night vision, sensitivity to sounds and loss of abstract thinking. MMR vaccines have been around for a long time, yet the makeup has changed slightly in past years, and there is a possibility of a link to autism. Also, they are now coming up with more and more unecessary vaccines, such as the chicken pox vaccine, that are putting unecessarily high amounts of toxins into a child's system. Unfortuanly this is a heated debate, and many physicians and researchers say that the link is coincidental. From all of my research I find that hard to believe. I would caution any parents from giving their child anything that isn't completely necessary. All I can say is the stats don't seem to lie....In 1992 there were 15, 580 cases of autism reported anually and in 2009 those number have reached 265, 690. Unfortunately those numbers correspond with an influx of new and "improved" vaccinations. I would just tell anyone you know to do their research and make sure every vaccine they choose to administer is completely necessary

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine